• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny states he "learned nothing" from the sidelines in Cinci game.

This is why I really don’t get caught up emotionally over a bunch of rich guys playing a game.

It’s fun to follow but there is a line with fandom imo. Knowing these guys are making money and looking out for them. I dont blame them. Get what you can in a short career on average

Money does change things no matter what we want to believe.

The men who played back when I was a kid made nothing. Many had other jobs.

That was true love of playing the sport and the goal of winning a championship had high value, you got playoff checks.

You must have people who are motivated by much more than money in order to succeed at a championship level.

Mark Kaboly who covers the Steelers, said that Rudolph looked the best out of the QB's in mini-camps and training camp the past two seasons for what it's worth, but let's face it, Rudolph could've never missed a pass and Pickett was still going to start because he was a first round pick.
Did you happen to watch the preseason where Pickett was perfect with the first string offense? Pickett was clearly the best QB in the preseason games. Once the season started they got smacked around by the 49ers. The line has not played great in Pickett's starts and he had Canada. One of the biggest plays of the season was the game winner to Pickens which seemed to be an improvised play. Pickett was doing much better with the new OC prior to injury. We don't know how he would have finished the season out.

I put almost zero stock in the preseason. I also saw Pickett miss a ton of open WR's with Canada, I've seen him spin out of the pocket when he had plenty of room to step up into the pocket, when Canada was here.

Money does change things no matter what we want to believe.

The men who played back when I was a kid made nothing. Many had other jobs.

That was true love of playing the sport and the goal of winning a championship had high value, you got playoff checks.

You must have people who are motivated by much more than money in order to succeed at a championship level.
Money can ruin things. It’s a great motivator but also a detriment to passion if paid at a high price

I put almost zero stock in the preseason. I also saw Pickett miss a ton of open WR's with Canada, I've seen him spin out of the pocket when he had plenty of room to step up into the pocket, when Canada was here.
And I put nearly all my stock into it.

I'm glad I don't handle my investments. I hired a financial advisor for that.

Impossible. I've been told that the line offered zero protection when Canada was OC and the receivers were never open. Those things only began the game immediately after Canada was fired.

Money can ruin things. It’s a great motivator but also a detriment to passion if paid at a high price

All of that guaranteed money no matter what certainly doesn't enhance motivation.

I think it's absolutely nuts.

Reactions: MTC
Impossible. I've been told that the line offered zero protection when Canada was OC and the receivers were never open. Those things only began the game immediately after Canada was fired.
Yep, that's exactly how it happened, Kenny was never given a legit chance, now we'll have a new OC so that mean he'll get at least two more seasons because he has to learn a new system.

WTF

In a distorted sort of way, This actually makes sense…………………..

Salute the nation

Well, Kenny looked great this preseason, then when teams actually game planned and schemed he didn't look that good.

2005 preseason our first team offense couldn't even get a first down, then scored 70 points in their first two regular season games.

WTF

In a distorted sort of way, This actually makes sense…………………..

Salute the nation

It was an attempt at humor. You know ...stocks/investments.
I put nearly everything I had into Kenny and he crashed.

The stock market is doing well btw, Thanks Joe Biden! LOL

Well, Kenny looked great this preseason, then when teams actually game planned and schemed he didn't look that good.

2005 preseason our first team offense couldn't even get a first down, then scored 70 points in their first two regular season games.
Then there were the 2017 Pre-Season Champs Browns that went 0-16 that year.

d0e0459c5f69322184f3e746082b57e3-crop-exact-1.png

Last edited:
Just looking at who’s in the AFC, on his best day Pickett is maybe the 10th best QB in the conference. This team is looooong way from competing for a championship no matter who they hire at OC.
I posted the same thing in a FB group the other day and one of the sniveling members of the Tomlin Fan Club says “Well who are 1-9 then?”
I named 11 counting Rodgers and Watson who are out injured.
Crickets so far.

I posted the same thing in a FB group the other day and one of the sniveling members of the Tomlin Fan Club says “Well who are 1-9 then?”
I named 11 counting Rodgers and Watson who are out injured.
Crickets so far.

I don’t think Pickett is at a stage where he could have done what MASON had done in the final 3 games of the season and the playoff game.

Should Mason return, there will be a QB controversy, like it or not. If Coach Tomlin crunches is, I’d hope Mason has protection in his contract.

Salute the nation

If Mason gets a shot to win the QB job he will stay....

You sit on the bench & wait 5 years for your shot & then go to a strange environment with so many unknowns?

I just don't see Mason leaving IF they give him a shot to win QB 1 job...

Even as QB2, Mason will make a very nice living earning $5 million-ish per year. I would be surprised if KP isn't QB1 and it will be his job to lose. They didn't pick him at 1.20 to have him sit on the bench. We definitely haven't seen KP's ceiling or anything close to it yet. I think Rudolph can still improve some with the right QB coaching. Makes you want to have the OTA's and preseason start next week.

I don’t think Pickett is at a stage where he could have done what MASON had done in the final 3 games of the season and the playoff game.

Should Mason return, there will be a QB controversy, like it or not. If Coach Tomlin crunches is, I’d hope Mason has protection in his contract.

Salute the nation
Regardless of Rudy's potential return, there needs to be QB controversy for the Steelers, because at this point there is not a clear QB1.

This was clearly illustrated in the PO loss where the depth chart listed QB1 was the backup, not touching the field, and the the QB who played the entire game was QB3.

I wish that KFP was the clear the #1 QB on the roster by now, but he is not. Going forward, the Steelers need the best QB in 2025 training camp (who's name is not Mitch) to be given the opportunity to lead the team.

I hope that is KFP, but would be happy if Baker Mayfield or similar was brought in to strengthen the competition. Said differently, if KFP cannot beat out a Baker Mayfield, then the Steelers still do not have a QB1.

Regardless of Rudy's potential return, there needs to be QB controversy for the Steelers, because at this point there is not a clear QB1.

This was clearly illustrated in the PO loss where the depth chart listed QB1 was the backup, not touching the field, and the the QB who played the entire game was QB3.

I wish that KFP was the clear the #1 QB on the roster by now, but he is not. Going forward, the Steelers need the best QB in 2025 training camp (who's name is not Mitch) to be given the opportunity to lead the team.

I hope that is KFP, but would be happy if Baker Mayfield or similar was brought in to strengthen the competition. Said differently, if KFP cannot beat out a Baker Mayfield, then the Steelers still do not have a QB1.

KP8 cannot beat out Baker mayfield in an honest competition, sadly. I’d be happier bringing in Baker than Wilson (as many have said they want). Baker would instantly make this team‘s offense a contender. The only thing that could hold them back would be Tomlin turtle conservative ****-ball”.

Salute the nation

If KFP cannot beat out Baker Mayfield/Kirk Cousins/Gardiner Minshew/etc., then sign Mayfield and draft a QB1 potential early in 2025.