• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny states he "learned nothing" from the sidelines in Cinci game.

This entire thread is comical. Whiners all around. KP haters from day 1 who think he shouldn't get a chance to start again after starting a little over a year and a half when we have other 1st rounders who started all 4 years of their rookie contracts. Rudolph haters turned Rudolph lovers after he played well (not great and not franchise QB worthy but well) but very well may not even be on the team next year. So many things to laugh at.

Does he drop to 20

This is the most critical draft in 20 years. They have to make a decision regarding QB draft or sign FA and then plug holes everywhere

Decision on Minkah heyward
7 draft picks
6 million over cap
No dead money is beautiful

I think they okay it safe and have another winning season and hopefully compete again in 2 or 3 years

Do you have that data for this season?
Yeah i posted articles showing that data for parts in the 2022 & 2023 seasons in another thread on here.
That said - there were only glimpses of this. Pickett's numbers came back to earth and he struggled.

And i would agree that the criticism that Pickett needs all of the people around him to do a good job because he cannot elevate their play is a very legitimate point.

I would just say that,
1. offenses on every team in this league now need each element to work in order to rack up points because there are no quarterbacks that can single-handedly take over the game anymore. Maybe Pickett needs this more than other quarterbacks - i don't know;

and 2. the sh*t that Pickett dealt with is f*ckin epic:
an OL that got him 3 concussions and provided maybe 1.5 seconds on each drop back,
a playcalling strategy that condemns the middle of the field and rather solely relies on WRs running past coverage to get them open on the outside of the numbers,
and a bunch b*tch-*** WRs that only value splash plays while literally giving up on, not just running plays writ large, but also their other routes when they do not get the ball.

These kids went through life with society kissing their ***. They act the way they act because they were spoiled through high school and college and are treated as kings at the pro level.

These guys make a lot of money. More than any of us will see in our lifetime. We can sit here as a fan complaining about their attitude but in a way we are at fault for putting these guys in such a position in life.

Not to mention the nflpa has relaxed the culture to the point it’s just an over paid country club.

At least football a generation ago, players were allowed to hit. Now it’s become glorified two hand touch.
Yea, but it's gotten far worse lately, so it seems. After all, it wasn't until the new rookie cap came into place that rookie QBs weren't robbing the league. Before that, rookie QBs were making more than MOST vets on the team. But the point about these players being babied their whole lives has been true for decades. I've never seen a player do LESS than Kenny with a more HORRID attitude, totally privileged, as if his s--t don't stink. He's proven NOTHING on the field yet acts so entitled and for what? Last I looked he was like the 36th rated QB, and there are only 32 teams. He sucks.

Maybe he can develop into a decent QB but he's shown NOTHING as far as being even solid yet. If he was even in the top 20, OK, but he's not. He makes the A., #1 mistake that all crap QBs do: He locks onto his 1st read and only throws to him, even on a screen pass! That's pitiful. That, and he runs from pressure, even pressure that's not even there! Horrible. And for that play he is giving us all his privileged attitude? Go Fruit yourself, Kenny. And I'm sure our developer of immature baby players, Shades, had a lot to do with it. He's developed quite a collection of immature players. Way to go Shades quite an accomplishment.

an OL that got him 3 concussions and provided maybe 1.5 seconds on each drop back,
Those concussions look like Kenny the China Doll's fault if you look at them. A stiff wind would give Kenny a ringing bell by the looks of it. Kenny is fragile.

They say "Oh it's his head hitting the ground that caused the concussion." And I say, yea? Looks like about a hit as hard as a feather to me. Look at it. That looks legit concussion worthy to you?

Those concussions look like Kenny the China Doll's fault if you look at them. A stiff wind would give Kenny a ringing bell by the looks of it. Kenny is fragile.

They say "Oh it's his head hitting the ground that caused the concussion." And I say, yea? Looks like about a hit as hard as a feather to me. Look at it. That looks legit concussion worthy to you?

8d0s9y.jpg

Reactions: xjx

Look at the wreck that killed Dale Earnhardt compared to some of the other insane crashes where people walk away w/o a scratch. You cant just look at a hit / accident and automatically tell what is going on.

Yea, but it's gotten far worse lately, so it seems. After all, it wasn't until the new rookie cap came into place that rookie QBs weren't robbing the league. Before that, rookie QBs were making more than MOST vets on the team. But the point about these players being babied their whole lives has been true for decades. I've never seen a player do LESS than Kenny with a more HORRID attitude, totally privileged, as if his s--t don't stink. He's proven NOTHING on the field yet acts so entitled and for what? Last I looked he was like the 36th rated QB, and there are only 32 teams. He sucks.

Maybe he can develop into a decent QB but he's shown NOTHING as far as being even solid yet. If he was even in the top 20, OK, but he's not. He makes the A., #1 mistake that all crap QBs do: He locks onto his 1st read and only throws to him, even on a screen pass! That's pitiful. That, and he runs from pressure, even pressure that's not even there! Horrible. And for that play he is giving us all his privileged attitude? Go Fruit yourself, Kenny. And I'm sure our developer of immature baby players, Shades, had a lot to do with it. He's developed quite a collection of immature players. Way to go Shades quite an accomplishment.
You asked what was up with the attitudes. I told you why. It’s worse now because social media gives them a spotlight 24/7 basically.

Add in the nflpa/union and players getting by on minimal effort. You get the product you have now.

You asked what was up with the attitudes. I told you why. It’s worse now because social media gives them a spotlight 24/7 basically.

Add in the nflpa/union and players getting by on minimal effort. You get the product you have now.
Last I looked he was like the 36th rated QB, and there are only 32 teams. He sucks.

This entire thread is comical. Whiners all around. KP haters from day 1 who think he shouldn't get a chance to start again after starting a little over a year and a half when we have other 1st rounders who started all 4 years of their rookie contracts. Rudolph haters turned Rudolph lovers after he played well (not great and not franchise QB worthy but well) but very well may not even be on the team next year. So many things to laugh at.
One of the things NOT to laugh at is the QB performance other than when Mason is under center; Kenny and Mitch are nealy historically poor at playing QB in 2023 (and 2022 for that matter). Not funny stuff. Not at all. They are ranked lower than such luminaries as Aidan O'Connell, Will Levis, Sam Howell and Gardener Minshew. One ranking had Kenny at 36th. (There are only 32 teams in the league.) Last Raider game I watched, O'Connell seemingly couldn't complete A pass. I mean, it seemed like he couldn't complete ONE, and he ranks above our 1st and 2nd QBs.

And THIS QB situation is where our football "brass" has led us. This, in all their wisdom and experience, is where we stand on the most critical position of the team - a total joke and clown show. However we got here (and we can debate how it is we have found ourselves here) is completely unacceptable in every shape, form or fashion. We are a clown show when it comes to our QBs and offense. No one can deny it. To begrudgingly stick to the awful Pickett is not a real plan, not one that makes a modicum of sense.

Art II and Tomlin may fancy their bullheaded and stubborn streak a trait to be proud of, but as the last seven years has demonstrated, not so much. It's become a league-wide embarrassment, not something to revear, as they probably feel and trick themselves into believing. They have become a pathetic clown show that the rest of the league laughs at.

Even as Rich Eisen reveals - as one of their biggest apologists in the national media - Tomlin is too bullheaded.

Just as examples, the Eagles are in on Hurts for $255 million. The Chargers are in on Herbert for $262 million. Hurts has really seemed to come down to earth, and the Chargers are not getting much for their investment in the wins department. I am NOT advancing the notion that the Steelers are in a good position in the QB room, but I think I'd rather be in their situation than the Eagles or Chargers. The Steelers can reset at this point with not too much harm, but you ain't resetting $255 million or $262 million. I'm not to sure those guys are the franchise guys their contracts suggest.

These kids went through life with society kissing their ***. They act the way they act because they were spoiled through high school and college and are treated as kings at the pro level.

These guys make a lot of money. More than any of us will see in our lifetime. We can sit here as a fan complaining about their attitude but in a way we are at fault for putting these guys in such a position in life.

Not to mention the nflpa has relaxed the culture to the point it’s just an over paid country club.

At least football a generation ago, players were allowed to hit. Now it’s become glorified two hand touch.
Morning men..
IMO…
I wouldn’t mind having that “problem” with either one of those QBs.

In a few years that type of QB money will seem like chump change..

Herbert's issue is he has a horrible defense, I think they were like 29th in scoring defense this season, his career numbers are pretty good, 67% and his TD to INT ratio is almost 3 to 1, I think he'd do well on a team with a solid defense. Similar to Kurt Cousins, everyone says he can't win in the playoffs, but look at Cousins playoff numbers, his defense gives up a pile of points every playoff game he starts.

I’d say several here realize what good QB play is and that ain’t KP8

I want to see him succeed, but wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which fills first

Wishing won’t make Shades an effective coach or KP a good QB

Many that have seen enough of a mid, injury prone QB and want better…you’re right that is comical not wanting your team to repeat the same mistakes and remain mid/irrelevant

Rudy was our best QB last year-that’s a problem
KP another problem-whiny, entitled kid without the talent to back it up

This team needs answers, and if anyone thinks Rudy or Lenny is the answer to becoming relevant again in a QB driven league then that person’s QB evals flat out blow

I’d say several here realize what good QB play is and that ain’t KP8

I want to see him succeed, but wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which fills first

Wishing won’t make Shades an effective coach or KP a good QB

Many that have seen enough of a mid, injury prone QB and want better…you’re right that is comical not wanting your team to repeat the same mistakes and remain mid/irrelevant

Rudy was our best QB last year-that’s a problem
KP another problem-whiny, entitled kid without the talent to back it up

This team needs answers, and if anyone thinks Rudy or Lenny is the answer to becoming relevant again in a QB driven league then that person’s QB evals flat out blow
Still don't see him as a whiny entitled kid.

He supported Rudy that has been documented. Way too much was made from that press conference... seriously.

Herbert's issue is he has a horrible defense, I think they were like 29th in scoring defense this season, his career numbers are pretty good, 67% and his TD to INT ratio is almost 3 to 1, I think he'd do well on a team with a solid defense. Similar to Kurt Cousins, everyone says he can't win in the playoffs, but look at Cousins playoff numbers, his defense gives up a pile of points every playoff game he starts.
But at the end of the day...as we sit here...they are not getting much return for the investment. So that contract may limit their ability to improve the defense. Look, I think Herbert is a heck of player. I'd take him on the Steelers for sure. But as a team, there is not a lot of success for the money. For that kind of salary, he needs to overcome that defense to be worth it. Again, there is no reset at $262 million. You are stuck.

Sorry TDX27, this post is a little laughable as well. Nothing personable as I enjoy your post(s) a lot.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER is the only 4 year starter that I can remember of recent times. Anyone further back than that, seems outdated And different coaching.

Pickett needs to show right away at camp there is something there. Currently he has a third string QB who out-played kenny’s entire career.

Open and fair QB competition would be a must, but Coach Tomlin has made that impossible to the point of Doubtful that Mason will return.

Time will tell.

Salute the nation

Sorry TDX27, this post is a little laughable as well. Nothing personable as I enjoy your post(s) a lot.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER is the only 4 year starter that I can remember of recent times. Anyone further back than that, seems outdated And different coaching.

Pickett needs to show right away at camp there is something there. Currently he has a third string QB who out-played kenny’s entire career.

Open and fair QB competition would be a must, but Coach Tomlin has made that impossible to the point of Doubtful that Mason will return.

Time will tell.

Salute the nation
I will also see what the new OC thinks after his evaluation. On what QB he sees as the starter. Time for some different viewpoints.

If the Steeler organization are truly long term committed to Kenny pickett…

That will probably limit or reduce who is willing to come here as the OC.

But at the end of the day...as we sit here...they are not getting much return for the investment. So that contract may limit their ability to improve the defense. Look, I think Herbert is a heck of player. I'd take him on the Steelers for sure. But as a team, there is not a lot of success for the money. For that kind of salary, he needs to overcome that defense to be worth it. Again, there is no reset at $262 million. You are stuck.
Agreed with the money issue and the contract, definitely stuck, but if you invest that much money you better have a front office than can put a roster together around that player, their defense gave up 24 points per game.

Similar to Kurt Cousins, everyone says he can't win in the playoffs, but look at Cousins playoff numbers, his defense gives up a pile of points every playoff game he starts.
Does his Ds give up in average of 40+ points his last 5 playoff games? Tomlin's do, that what his last 5 Ds have done the last 5 playoff games. Are Cousin's that bad?

Does his Ds give up in average of 40+ points his last 5 playoff games? Tomlin's do, that what his last 5 Ds have done the last 5 playoff games. Are Cousin's that bad?
LOL, hell no, no one has ever done that, except Tomlin.