• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny

I cautious on all the hype as well. It will be pretty hard to live up to the expectations of so many.

Allow time to grow, will be appropriate pains along the way.

He will be facing teams with full starters playing and game planing against him as well.

He can do very well as long as he trusts his abilities and O’Canada isn’t a bluff At OC.

Salute the nation
I am expecting a SB win this year from Pickett and company. Anything less will be a major disappointment. Get it done Kenny!!!!!!

You are dancing on the bandwagon? Try dancing on the bed of the luxury S10 with 3 bikini babes shakin' booty.

I hear yaz but at the National Bikini Contest, Coolie entered but didn't reveal his gender (no one asked or followed up), so to some's surprise, he won the contest.

SO, he was one of the three.................................... I see he even fooled you.......................

Salute the nation

I hear yaz but at the National Bikini Contest, Coolie entered but didn't reveal his gender (no one asked or followed up), so to some's surprise, he won the contest.

SO, he was one of the three.................................... I see he even fooled you.......................

Salute the nation
"his"

I think much like Ben in the early part of his career don't try to do too much. Great team surrounding. Maybe more weapons. Awesome defense. Play within yourself and be clutch when it matters most. End of last season with more TDs. All you need.

B
I truly believe that this year he will take the next step more easily, because of the extra year @ Pitt. Everyone knocked him for it, but I have always believed that it was better for him in the long run. Another year of actual game experience in my book, is better than a year as the #3 QB in the NFL
That fantastic extra year was certainly the best decision of his young career. Without it he wouldn’t have been drafted in the first round. Which meant of course way more money and job security. Plus that 5th year meant him graduating with his degree in marketing,and enrolled in his masters in business. I’d say he’s set up to do very well. 🙂🙂🤑

KP named team captain. No matter what you think of Ben (I personally like him) you cannot deny KP is smoother and smarter with teammates and personal life. At least so far.
Other captains were TJ, Heyward, and Killebrew.

Pickett's QBR is 18.8, last in the NFL.
To be fair, QBR is a subjective stat. Its second guessing from an analyst without knowing the play, reads, or seeing things from the qb’s eyes..

It’s been shown in the past to be heavily affected by bias.. so take it with a grain of salt..

To be fair, QBR is a subjective stat. Its second guessing from an analyst without knowing the play, reads, or seeing things from the qb’s eyes..

It’s been shown in the past to be heavily affected by bias.. so take it with a grain of salt..
I'll concede that and add my subjective thought to it as well. I rate him as 12.4

Agreed. But going by the old school Quarterback rating he is currently 29th with 69.9 ahead of Zach Wilson, Bryce Young, and DeShaun Watson. Some QB ratings of note Josh Dobbs is 17th at 89.5, CJ Stroud is 16th at 91.2, Desmond Ridder is 15th at 93.1, Sam Howell is 12th at 95, and Brock Purdy is 8th at 102.9.

Agreed. But going by the old school Quarterback rating he is currently 29th with 69.9 ahead of Zach Wilson, Bryce Young, and DeShaun Watson. Some QB ratings of note Josh Dobbs is 17th at 89.5, CJ Stroud is 16th at 91.2, Desmond Ridder is 15th at 93.1, Sam Howell is 12th at 95, and Brock Purdy is 8th at 102.9.
Oh I wasn’t utterly discrediting the fact that he has played poorly… I just hate QBR lol

I would have to think that even Ben's QBR early in his career under Canaduh would be pretty bad. Looks like he was 98.6 in his second year.

I would have to think that even Ben's QBR early in his career under Canaduh would be pretty bad. Looks like he was 98.6 in his second year.
Ben would have done what he did to Whiz… namely not tgrown the pass he hated and danced around until something better opened up… old man Ben was past his dancing days…

Oh I wasn’t utterly discrediting the fact that he has played poorly… I just hate QBR lol
No, I agree. I much prefer the quarterback rating of old. It wasn't perfect but it I feel is a much better barometer as it uses hard numbers and no bias weighted analytics.

Kenny on the situation:

“I can’t give you guys some magical answer,” Pickett said. “It’s play the next play. We’re going to get better.”

Then he said: “We’re going to keep pushing forward. I don’t know how many times I’m going to give you the same answer. That is the message. This isn’t an easy game. You’re playing good defenses. It’s not going to happen overnight. Everyone wants those 40-point games. It didn’t happen right now, I get it. We’re going to continue to push for it. We’re going to get there. We’ve just got to keep going.”

I'd actually like to see more personal accountability from him. When performance is as bad as it's been he should make it a ME conversation and save the WE remarks for when they experience success.

I’m caught up in the Steelers hype like most. Definitely more this year than in the recent past, and Im really excited to see what Kenny brings his second year. I’m not a film breakdown guy, and I’m not a college football guy. Living down here DEEP in SEC country, it’s all I can do to avoid the topic. But I went back and watched just about every YouTube video I could find of Kenny’s days at Pitt. I’m sure many of you followed him closely in college and have been able to foretell what he might bring, but I wanted to watch for myself. I was certainly familiar with the accolades, but dang…the film. Some things that stuck out…

1. Please correct me if I’m wrong on this, I looked at his stats from Pitt his senior yr and thought…maybe I’m misinterpreting this column. His long TD pass for each game…his shortest all season was 25 yards. His second shortest (of the long TDs) was 35. 13 games…all had a TD of at least 25 years. (67 longest)
2. He consistently throws a beautiful deep ball. Even in college his ball placement was nearly perfect. His timing with Addison has me really excited to to see what he’s developed with DJ and Pickens...and hopefully Austin.
3. If I have one critique it’s that he threw off his back foot a lot even while in the pocket (but with very good touch and accuracy). But in the day and age of Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, is that even still a thing? I’m sure they’re working on mechanics, but I find it reassuring he’s able to make off balance throws so accurately.
4. The reverse spin move he did when escaping the pocket against the Ravens last year when he threw the TD to Najee…he’s done that a lot. That back shoulder spin seem to be instinctual…nice.
5. He uses the middle of the field regularly. Even in college, the seam, skinny post…he was very effective using that part of the filed.
6. Based on what I’ve seen I think we can expect a lot of QB sneaks and KP diving for the pylon or first down marker while reaching to ball forward. (Those both seemed to be themes)
5. He’s a winner

So much has been made of him going against the non-starters in preseason, and the ACC isn’t known as the toughest conference, but what he brings is hard to defend. I don’t care how good the competition, it’s hard to defend a perfectly timed, placed pass, and that’s what he does again, and again, and again. If he improves at reading defenses, pocket presence and has time to throw, he’s going to score A LOT of points. And we already know he’s putting in the effort to improve.

I predict he’ll be the Steelers MVP this year. We have a real winner.
(Aging badly)

Reactions: wig
Fire Canaduh and hire a random person off the street to replace him.

Bring back Munch for whatever he wants.

Problem solved, both Kenny and Najee are instantly improved.