• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny

Or he isn't given enough time to throw.

Maybe he is overthinking trying to be too perfect too. Have to mix that in the scenarios with inaccurate passes.

Plenty of scenarios which involve Kenny and the WRs and the O-line and the OC improving.

I would buy there is some open deep passes available, at the same time I would buy that a decent amount is cancelled by lack of time to get the pass off.

Lot of blame to go around, some prefer to tilt most of it towards Kenny.

Have to fill that agenda quota!

I do want to point this out….

The 49’rs have now faced 4 Qbs in 3 weeks, here are their QB ratings:

Kenny Pickett 68.4
Matthew Stafford 67.8
Daniel Jones 64.2
Tyrod Taylor 39.6

The Browns have faced 3 in two weeks

Kenny Pickett 71.8
Joe Burrow 52.2
Jake Browning 39.4

So in both cases, Pickett has performed the best against each defense… very bad, no doubt, but better than more experienced and established qbs have so far…

Like I've been saying. This first few weeks of the season a large portion of quarterbacks have been playing like ***. There's no argument to that. None. And our offense has been ******* garbage for 4+ years. No running game,a stacked defense pressed up to the line and these damn short or long passes out to the sideline that are well covered and have very little chance of YAC.

Like I've been saying. This first few weeks of the season a large portion of quarterbacks have been playing like ***. There's no argument to that. None. And our offense has been ******* garbage for 4+ years. No running game,a stacked defense pressed up to the line and these damn short or long passes out to the sideline that are well covered and have very little chance of YAC.
Things don't go well Sunday I would can the O-line coach while putting Canada on blast. Outside of the linebackers this team has underperformed. The D is put in a lot of pressure situations due to the O stinking it up. So I will give them a slight pass but at the same time I am not hiding my opinion that they have some D-line and secondary tweaking to do .

But the O-line is a good place to start.

Things don't go well Sunday I would can the O-line coach while putting Canada on blast. Outside of the linebackers this team has underperformed. The D is put in a lot of pressure situations due to the O stinking it up. So I will give them a slight pass but at the same time I am not hiding my opinion that they have some D-line and secondary tweaking to do .

It’s far harder to can an oline coach midseason than an OC… in some ways the Oline coach is more important than the OC… its at worse tge 3rd most important assistant coach position… definitely more valuable than ST… especially since our scheme and technique are kind of non typical… it might be a hard to pull off full reboot midseason…

Seems like the Oline needs to simplify things and just block the guy in front of you. Browns were getting a lot of free defenders through when we had more than enough blockers. Need to dumb down some things then go from there

In your heart of hearts, even with an OC change, does anybody TRULY believe Kenny Pickett can lead this team to a Super Bowl? I know it’s only his second year, but I just can’t see it.
Absolutely I think he could. He could also wash out. We won't know with this clown calling plays.

I do want to point this out….

The 49’rs have now faced 4 Qbs in 3 weeks, here are their QB ratings:

Kenny Pickett 68.4
Matthew Stafford 67.8
Daniel Jones 64.2
Tyrod Taylor 39.6

The Browns have faced 3 in two weeks

Kenny Pickett 71.8
Joe Burrow 52.2
Jake Browning 39.4

So in both cases, Pickett has performed the best against each defense… very bad, no doubt, but better than more experienced and established qbs have so far…

Add Ryan Tannehill to the list. He ended up with a 62.8 vs the Browns today…

This neat stat probably ends tonight though… and Raiders let Russel Wilson put up a 108 rate and Allen dropped a 124.5 on them…

Add Ryan Tannehill to the list. He ended up with a 62.8 vs the Browns today…

This neat stat probably ends tonight though… and Raiders let Russel Wilson put up a 108 rate and Allen dropped a 124.5 on them…
Tonight Kenny put up a 108.5… so now season to date Josh allen is the only QB to outperform Kenny in Passer rating vs same teams.

Honestly beating 7/8 qbs isn’t bad, but it at best shows Pickett is playing average, not good… because all of his stats track close to the other qbs that faced these teams…

After the first few throws where his feet were happy and he wasn't seeing the field well, I give him an A+. I never took Kenny as one of those emotionally fragile guys, but he seems to need to get his bearings and gain confidence before he's worth a crap. I hope this is the starting point of a good season.

After the first few throws where his feet were happy and he wasn't seeing the field well, I give him an A+. I never took Kenny as one of those emotionally fragile guys, but he seems to need to get his bearings and gain confidence before he's worth a crap. I hope this is the starting point of a good season.
Confidence comes with experience and or success. I would say he can get some of option A but option Bs ceiling might not come until there is a better OC.

But even enough of option A can bring about a pretty solid season depending on circumstances...

Confidence comes with experience and or success. I would say he can get some of option A but option Bs ceiling might not come until there is a better OC.

But even enough of option A can bring about a pretty solid season depending on circumstances...
Hall of Fame level QB talent can overcome poor offensive lines early in their careers. Guys like Pickett can have their careers made or broken early on with line play. He runs himself into a lot of pressure because he isn't trusting his pocket and I don't think the line has given him any reason to trust it. It's just a bad combination right now and both the QB and OL look worse for it.

Gotta give KP credit for hanging in there tonight. He was getting hit often and many times hard to the head and he kept coming back and fighting. He had a good game.