• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else watch that Detroit Boston game last night? Detroit controlled the puck the entire game, and had the Bruins on their heels. The Boston fans were stunned. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
Did anyone else watch that Detroit Boston game last night? Detroit controlled the puck the entire game, and had the Bruins on their heels. The Boston fans were stunned. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I was too busy trying to find the Pens game on TV last night... It should be alternating nights... frustrating.

Vader

Reaction score

That was a thing of beauty. Nothing like watching the bruins get manhandled at home.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I hate both of those friggin teams, like Colts v Pats or Cowgirls v Browns level of hate, but that nut shot cracked me up!

Vader

Reaction score
Pens going into 2nd overtime after blowing a 3-1 lead. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Vader

Reaction score
Well there that went. 4-3 CB in less than a minute of the second OT. ******* pens defense.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Two Pens watching MAF left out to dry and then the Jackets score in OT. I would trade Letang for Evander Kane tomorrow, if I could.

Vader

Reaction score
Two Pens watching MAF left out to dry and then the Jackets score in OT. I would trade Letang for Evander Kane tomorrow, if I could.

Yup. Sloppy play and bad defense. This team is going nowhere playing like this. Sad waste of talent.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Just awful. I love watching this team because they are so talented, but I hate watching this team because they are so undisciplined. Does that make any sense? This team is going no where. IF they make it past this round (and that's questionable), they are going to get crushed in the next round. I think it may be time to gut this team from top to bottom and start all over. Only ones safe are Sid, Dupuis, Matta and Niskanen. Bylsma would be first on my list to go.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Crosby played HORRIBLE. Killed on the dot and way too many turnovers. We continue to be try and be too ******* cute instead of shooting the puck. Defense, what defense. Scuderi, Letang, Orpik all been real bad. Nisky has played fantastice, Maata at times well along with Martin. Gibbons not returning actually showed and who would have thought that. Great game for Fluery agaiin. Such a dominating 1st to just sit back and *** U ME the win. Don't be shocked to at best split in Columbus

Rod Farva

Reaction score
If I'm Bylsma, here's my to do list......

1, Be a disciplinarian......Sid's career being wasted.
2. Malkin - bench....way too many TO's and the guy is ******* coasting.
3. Sid- you're the captain. Act like it.....near as many TO's as the BLR. Keep it up and I give the C to someone else
4. Letang- healthy scratch. Single handedly allowed the OTGW goal.....left his position to "assist" Scuderi and voila! Bring up a baby Pen that wants to play.....actually we could use Bortuzzo against this team.
5. Glass- if you're not going to crush someone every time you're on the ice I'm afraid we can't keep buying you plane tickets.
6. Gibby- PLEASE get well soon! Until then, another BP that wants to play.
7. Megna - Holy heck, I forgot all about Megna!
8. Remind team and self of the F3 Forward concept.....waaaay too many shorty attempts.
9. Find someone who can consistently win FO's.
10, After season- resign.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
If I'm Bylsma, here's my to do list......

1, Be a disciplinarian......Sid's career being wasted.
2. Malkin - bench....way too many TO's and the guy is ******* coasting.
3. Sid- you're the captain. Act like it.....near as many TO's as the BLR. Keep it up and I give the C to someone else
4. Letang- healthy scratch. Single handedly allowed the OTGW goal.....left his position to "assist" Scuderi and voila! Bring up a baby Pen that wants to play.....actually we could use Bortuzzo against this team.
5. Glass- if you're not going to crush someone every time you're on the ice I'm afraid we can't keep buying you plane tickets.
6. Gibby- PLEASE get well soon! Until then, another BP that wants to play.
7. Megna - Holy heck, I forgot all about Megna!
8. Remind team and self of the F3 Forward concept.....waaaay too many shorty attempts.
9. Find someone who can consistently win FO's.
10, After season- resign.

11. Quit with all of the fancy passing and SHOOT THE ******* PUCK! Most playoff goals are scored on rebounds or scrambles around the net.

Rod Farva

Reaction score

I'd lose him for a few pucks and an autographed stick.

11. Quit with all of the fancy passing and SHOOT THE ******* PUCK! Most playoff goals are scored on rebounds or scrambles around the net.

Oh, yeah, how could I have forgotten that one.......I was freaking hoarse from screaming it....especially against a goalie that was struggling. They didn't even test him in the 3rd.

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Nisk was the best player on the team last night, and Orpik played well. The remaining players were ******* turnover machines. Horrible decisions made all night. Even when they chose the correct path, the passes were off target. Very sloppy.

Malkin is getting paid how much? What a joke.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of bitching about the same things game after game, season after season. I sound like a broken record. Columbus has adopted "The Way to beat the Pens" and they are going home tied. Adjustments? Yea right! Discipline? What is that!

Spike

Reaction score
Sid doesn't go hard-charging to the net to shoot anymore... blind behind-the-back passes are really fooling teams, dontchaknow

Spike

Reaction score
where the hell have all my other posts gone?