• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Let me ask ya'll this: Still feel confident about this teams chances? I sure as hell don't. But I'll still watch them and pull for them. But something drastic has to happen at season's end.

No way. Even IF they get past CBJ, they will get run through by either the Rangers or Flyers. I would just as soon not live the embarrassment.

Spike

Reaction score
"We need more from our whole team. We need more from (Crosby and Malkin)." -Bylsma #Pens @penguins

uh-oh - Danny boy throwing his meal tickets under the bus...trying to save his phoney baloney job?

practice cancelled

ho ho ho

Spike

Reaction score
Eastern Conference Finals... Pens vs. who?

Habs all the way

dey are the softest team next to the Pens

btw - I read somewhere that Letang and Scuderi were screaming at him to go get the puck, that's why Fleury left the net on the tieing goal

Bench them both and play Bortuzzo/Despres

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Habs all the way

dey are the softest team next to the Pens

btw - I read somewhere that Letang and Scuderi were screaming at him to go get the puck, that's why Fleury left the net on the tieing goal

He should have told those dumbasses to **** off. It's still on him.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
And he would've gotten 1st star. Instead, his brain locked up for another retarded meltdown and he's the goat.

The problem is that he has worn the goat horns many times......and it seems to bother him less. He needs to be kicked to the curb pronto.

After watching Bylsma coach his allstar sqaud in the Olympics (Canada won GOLD!), I don't think that will happen. Dude has a plan and will stick with it, regardless.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The Pens are the Steelers of the NHL. Sometimes, they show brilliance, but in the end when it counts, more than not, they leave you scratching your head of what you just watched. I missed the whole game, but was checking the score on my phone. From what I've heard about the last two CBJ goals, I have no desire to see that debacle.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score

I wonder what the excuse is for letting in an easy shot from practically the blue line in OT?

The 2 biggest question marks of this team going into playoffs was Fluery and Letang because of past playoff history and both players are directly responsible for the two losses so far.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Wild are playing elevated hockey at the moment. Really taking it to Colorado who only got 12 shots on goal last night. Hoping they can go get a game there so they can clinch at home.

Spike

Reaction score
The 2 biggest question marks of this team going into playoffs was Fluery and Letang because of past playoff history and both players are directly responsible for the two losses so far.

The biggest question mark is the coaching that lets a team give up 46 shots on defense to the weakest offensive team in the playoffs - oh right , we're just "getting to our game"

Vader

Reaction score
The biggest question mark is the coaching that lets a team give up 46 shots on defense to the weakest offensive team in the playoffs - oh right , we're just "getting to our game"

That's because the pens play defense like water flows through a sieve. They are puck followers. They don't take the body and they don't match up when someone comes in their area. You can see them chasing the puck like a cat chasing a feather in the wind. Pathetic really.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
That's because the pens play defense like water flows through a sieve. They are puck followers. They don't take the body and they don't match up when someone comes in their area. You can see them chasing the puck like a cat chasing a feather in the wind. Pathetic really.

Like the US Men's hockey team vs Canada at the Sochi Olympics?

sochi-medal-3.jpg

(too soon?) ;)

Spike

Reaction score
That's because the pens play defense like water flows through a sieve. They are puck followers. They don't take the body and they don't match up when someone comes in their area. You can see them chasing the puck like a cat chasing a feather in the wind.

Isn't this the same coach that couldn't motivate team USA?

That got shutout 5-0 against Finland?

After Bylsma GUARANTEED a Bronze medal game win?

8251204.jpg

49101_G08_W01.jpg

looks like our defense

022214_live2.jpg

cue the quotes...

"We're not coming home with nothing,'' Bylsma said.

“They wanted it more than us. We got outworked, and that’s what happens.”

Last edited:

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
No one gives a **** about bronze

who cares if you are second or third loser?

Spike

Reaction score
Sid has played like **** since coming back from the Olympics, I blame Canada

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe he is hurt or something. They ******* never tell you when they are.

**** it, game day. Let's step up big guys and take this series back. No bone head penalties and no bonehead mistakes,..ehh MAF.

Let's go Pens!!!!

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
there was a mention on The X/Mark Madden yesterday that Sid may have a bum foot. Like Iron said, they don't tell us ****.

Spike

Reaction score
there was a mention on The X/Mark Madden yesterday that Sid may have a bum foot. Like Iron said, they don't tell us ****.

and you'd believe Madden?

I heard he went off on everyone associated with the Pens. Mario, Shero, DB, Fleury, Sid.

Said if Pens lose to Columbus and Shero and DB are not fired, he is done with them as a fan, and done talking about this team on his show.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
and you'd believe Madden?

I heard he went off on everyone associated with the Pens. Mario, Shero, DB, Fleury, Sid.

Said if Pens lose to Columbus and Shero and DB are not fired, he is done with them as a fan, and done talking about this team on his show.

he mentioned him possibly having a foot injury, that's all. I heard that too about Shero and DB, but he's been saying that about DB for awhile now. Nothing new. If anyone has a scoop on the Pens, it's usually him.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
My prediction for tonight's game..... 4-3.