• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Steel G

Reaction score
Unreal, 22 seconds away from going home with a 3-1 series lead and MAF ***** the bed completely. And Pierre McGuire has had a raging hard on for Columbus all night.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ok. Bring that shot back home and let's win this.

thumbring

Reaction score
Next year I hope the Pens have a real goalie.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
3 goals in the 1st, then nothing. It's like watching turtle ball on ice.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
It ain't all on Fleury. This team got a 3-0 lead and coasted for two plus periods. They have been out played for a vast majority of this series, yet somehow it is 2-2. There is something rotten at the core of this team. Anyone here remember a 4 game stretch of Crosby's career where he was just downright terrible? The guy has been awful. Period. At this point I don't know what you do. This team is all ****** up. They have no answer for the tenacity and determination of this Blue Jackets team. They don't hustle. They don't work. They don't hit. No effort. This series has been sad to watch.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
It ain't all on Fleury. This team got a 3-0 lead and coasted for two plus periods. They have been out played for a vast majority of this series, yet somehow it is 2-2. There is something rotten at the core of this team. Anyone here remember a 4 game stretch of Crosby's career where he was just downright terrible? The guy has been awful. Period. At this point I don't know what you do. This team is all ****** up. They have no answer for the tenacity and determination of this Blue Jackets team. They don't hustle. They don't work. They don't hit. No effort. This series has been sad to watch.
Bullshit...get the headcase out of here.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
the whole 3rd looked like a Columbus power play, but still....

I doubt they yank Flower.

Bylsma gets to live or die with him.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Like I said....in a playoff run you need a goalie who can win a game or series on their own. This guy can do neither now.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Bullshit...get the headcase out of here.

Really? Going into OT they were being outshot 41-24. Many of those shots were decent scoring chances. I am not saying Fleury is without blame, but to lay it solely at his feet is wrong. He was fantastic until the game tying goal. He was under siege until then. The OT winner is on him. Horrible goal to give up. But if the Pens make an effort to get to the puck before the ONE GUY from Columbus on the game tying goal, we aren't talking about any of this. The Pens were losing races for two plus periods, getting out hit, out shot, out worked. They quit working after the first. They played a brilliant first period. Then they quit. They coasted. Yeah, Fleury owns this loss, but so do the other 18 guys in uniform that blinked when it counted most.

My point is that you were up 3-0 in the first and lost 4-3 in overtime. Over a 23 minute stretch late in the game, you had 5 shots on goal, and surrendered 21 in that same stretch. It isn't just the goalie messing stuff up. Being up 3-0 with the talent on this team should be as close to a sure thing in hockey as there is. Yet they pissed it away. Was it really just bad goal tending? Is that why the Pens lost? Hell, I would argue that at 3-0 the Pens should have never been in the position to be taken to overtime with 23 seconds left in regulation. Fact is, this teams problems run deeper than Fleury. At this point, he is just one of the many symptoms. Whether the Pens win this series or not, they won't beat Philly or NYR playing like this. The whole team just isn't that good. Not sure why people don't get that.

Spike

Reaction score
Come on down, Tomas Vokoun

If I was owner, Shero and Bylsma would already be packing their bags and on their way out the door

I'm a vindictive god

Spike

Reaction score
oh but it's OK - - everything is just fine

“He played a hell of a game,” Joe Vitale said. “He (Fleury) deserved better.”

“He was the best player on the ice,” Tanner Glass said. “It was just unlucky.”

Fleury seemed to strike a similar tone.

“It was good. It was a good game. I had like 40 shots and two goals,” he said. “Put it behind. Move on to the next one.”

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5983293-74/fleury-penguins-game#axzz2yhLPJ3TE

--------------------

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

Steel G

Reaction score
Well, it breaks down like this....sloppy goaltending, star players that aren't scoring goals and questionable coaching. Other than that, everything is great.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Goalies never win games, but they can lose them.

Unlucky goal to tie the game, but that happens a lot to Fleury. All of Canada remembers.

Absolute **** goal in OT. No way that should go in.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
If I was Mario, I'd fire Bylsma on the spot. Fluery, Malkin and Letang would all be benched and I'd let the young kids play. At least they'd be playing to win, not just playing for a paycheck. This series should be over now and we shouldn't be the ones advancing. With the exception of 2 periods this whole series we've been totally outplayed every game. Can't motivate your team full of prima donnas who should never have had that mind set to begin with, that's coaches fault. This team needs to be gutted and the only ones safe would be Sid, Niskanen and Matta.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Goalies never win games, but they can lose them.

Unlucky goal to tie the game, but that happens a lot to Fleury. All of Canada remembers.

Absolute **** goal in OT. No way that should go in.

Yeah,shots from the blue line are generally easy saves. Not sure why routine **** seems to be an adventure for Fleury. It is like a Chinese fire drill on ice with these guys.

thumbring

Reaction score
No doubt the team has more problems than Fleury. But I'm tired of seeing this guy do stupid ****. Tired of seeing him out of position and flailing to get back in the net. There was zero excuse for him trying to play that puck. He sucks at it anyway, but with 30 seconds left in that situation, just stay in your goal and let your defense do its job. If he hadn't left the net, the Pens win that game. It wasn't unlucky, it was stupid. And the OT goal ... aye caramba!

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
Really? Going into OT they were being outshot 41-24. Many of those shots were decent scoring chances. I am not saying Fleury is without blame, but to lay it solely at his feet is wrong. He was fantastic until the game tying goal.

Fleury is consistently a top-rated goalie, but he also consistently makes completely retarded mistakes. The game-tying and game-winning goals were completely his fault, no matter what he did or his defensemen didn't do previously.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Fleury has to be gone next year. As good as he looks at times, he does dumb **** like he did last night to lose the game. Even with the best player in the world and Malkin, who sometimes plays like a top 5 player in the world, we won't win another cup with Fleury in net. He must go.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Fleury has actually been more than adequate,imo. Not great, but good enough to allow the Pens to win IF they play their game. They've hung the guy out to dry on numerous occasions. BUT.....he should never, ever, ever be allowed to play the puck from behind the net. Why he and the Dmen can never seem to get communication down is a mystery because the b/u seems to be able to.

It's on me guys. Should never have mentioned his name. I'm sorry. But I stand by what I said, in particular the bolded part.

I blame him a lot for this. But but. Our Boneheaded penalties we took to allow goal two killed us too.

There were definitely some bad penalties but the officiating has been an abortion.....not trying to excuse the Pens poor play over all (with the notable exception of the 1st period) but the officials have bee waaaaayyyyyy too involved in this series and have been inconsistent as hell.

It ain't all on Fleury. This team got a 3-0 lead and coasted for two plus periods. They have been out played for a vast majority of this series, yet somehow it is 2-2. There is something rotten at the core of this team. Anyone here remember a 4 game stretch of Crosby's career where he was just downright terrible? The guy has been awful. Period. At this point I don't know what you do. This team is all ****** up. They have no answer for the tenacity and determination of this Blue Jackets team. They don't hustle. They don't work. They don't hit. No effort. This series has been sad to watch.[/QUOTE

Definite some deep rooted issues with this team which is why I have advocated for a coaching change first followed, if ineffective or less than effective, by a serious shake up of the entire team.

Really? Going into OT they were being outshot 41-24. Many of those shots were decent scoring chances. I am not saying Fleury is without blame, but to lay it solely at his feet is wrong. He was fantastic until the game tying goal. He was under siege until then. The OT winner is on him. Horrible goal to give up. But if the Pens make an effort to get to the puck before the ONE GUY from Columbus on the game tying goal, we aren't talking about any of this. The Pens were losing races for two plus periods, getting out hit, out shot, out worked. They quit working after the first. They played a brilliant first period. Then they quit. They coasted. Yeah, Fleury owns this loss, but so do the other 18 guys in uniform that blinked when it counted most.

My point is that you were up 3-0 in the first and lost 4-3 in overtime. Over a 23 minute stretch late in the game, you had 5 shots on goal, and surrendered 21 in that same stretch. It isn't just the goalie messing stuff up. Being up 3-0 with the talent on this team should be as close to a sure thing in hockey as there is. Yet they pissed it away. Was it really just bad goal tending? Is that why the Pens lost? Hell, I would argue that at 3-0 the Pens should have never been in the position to be taken to overtime with 23 seconds left in regulation. Fact is, this teams problems run deeper than Fleury. At this point, he is just one of the many symptoms. Whether the Pens win this series or not, they won't beat Philly or NYR playing like this. The whole team just isn't that good. Not sure why people don't get that.

Agree with most of you points Sarge, but on the tying goal all five Pens were back and surrounding the goal vs 2 BJ's so Fleury had no where to go with the puck except to a BJ even if he hadn't ****** it up. With 22 seconds to go in a must (imo) win PO game no goalie should leave the crease under those circumstances, let alone a goalie who has repeatedly proven he is horrible at playing the puck in the trapezoid. Dumbest ******* thing I've ever seen!

If I was Mario, I'd fire Bylsma on the spot. Fluery, Malkin and Letang would all be benched and I'd let the young kids play. At least they'd be playing to win, not just playing for a paycheck. This series should be over now and we shouldn't be the ones advancing. With the exception of 2 periods this whole series we've been totally outplayed every game. Can't motivate your team full of prima donnas who should never have had that mind set to begin with, that's coaches fault. This team needs to be gutted and the only ones safe would be Sid, Niskanen and Matta.

He didn't score but I thought last night was Malkin's best effort of the series.

No doubt the team has more problems than Fleury. But I'm tired of seeing this guy do stupid ****. Tired of seeing him out of position and flailing to get back in the net. There was zero excuse for him trying to play that puck. He sucks at it anyway, but with 30 seconds left in that situation, just stay in your goal and let your defense do its job. If he hadn't left the net, the Pens win that game. It wasn't unlucky, it was stupid. And the OT goal ... aye caramba!

Karma if we had some!

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
thumbring;3535. If he hadn't left the net said:
And he would've gotten 1st star. Instead, his brain locked up for another retarded meltdown and he's the goat.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Let me ask ya'll this: Still feel confident about this teams chances? I sure as hell don't. But I'll still watch them and pull for them. But something drastic has to happen at season's end.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Let me ask ya'll this: Still feel confident about this teams chances? I sure as hell don't. But I'll still watch them and pull for them. But something drastic has to happen at season's end.
I bet you ask the players they will all say they are confident to your face but you absolutely know they have zero faith in "Headwound Marc-Andre" between the pipes, I mean behind.

Steel G

Reaction score
I bet you ask the players they will all say they are confident to your face but you absolutely know they have zero faith in "Headwound Marc-Andre" between the pipes, I mean behind.

I dubbed him Marc-Andre O'Donnell last night.