• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lost nuke found, or is it just a cover up story?

I am suspicious because of that photo. The water in this area is not that clear and the waters in that area are VERY dangerous due to currents. Not a place amateur divers would be.

This is an interesting story Hook. I looked for info on it and there is very little other than the initial story how it got dropped there and even that was contradictory.

Shifting stories
The official statement from the United States government is that the bomber jettisoned an "incomplete" nuclear bomb - one containing a chemical explosive and enriched uranium , but lacking the plutonium core necessary to initiate a fission explosion. But an official Congressional document from 1966 contradicts the idea of an incomplete bomb, stating that the crew jettisoned a complete bomb. A completed MK-15 is capable of a 1.7-3.8 Megaton explosion if detonated properly, creating a 20-30 kilometer thermal blast radius.

17lhkcsfzwce5jpg.jpg

http://io9.com/5906826/when-we-lost-an-unexploded-nuclear-bomb-off-the-coast-of-georgia

You got lucky...that thing could have ****** them greens up big time, not to mention all the stuff that would need replanted.

Well SteelChip, if it did go off it might help with weed and insect control on my course.

BTW, I'm well within that blast radius.

Kinda cold to go sport diving, isn't it? Sounds like the old Tybee Island incident

WND is not a very reputable site

Pretty cool dive if it is true.

this would be on dive boards around the world. Finding a missing nuke would be like winning the lottery for a diver.

But the pic of the diver with the bomb was very excellent quality, and may not jive with the story or of normal visibility.

It is also very strange that the late day pic of the "military" diver would be released at all, especially if there was no other news release...whoever took that picture must have been military, or it was fake.....doesn't actually show anything...

Pretty cool dive if it is true.

this would be on dive boards around the world. Finding a missing nuke would be like winning the lottery for a diver.

But the pic of the diver with the bomb was very excellent quality, and may not jive with the story or of normal visibility.

It is also very strange that the late day pic of the "military" diver would be released at all, especially if there was no other news release...whoever took that picture must have been military, or it was fake.....doesn't actually show anything...

I agree. Anyone that has ever been in this area knows the water here is not clear blue. It's not dirty, just murky from all of the vegetation from the salt marshes all around here.

Also, I'm no expert but Navy Seals wouldn't be the ones diffusing the bomb. It would be the Navy EOD, correct?

Here's a real story from under the waves - somebody found Jew gold!

Largest trove of gold coins in Israel unearthed from ancient harbor

Coins.jpg

A group of divers in Israel has stumbled upon the largest hoard of gold coins ever discovered in the country. The divers reported the find to the Israel Antiquities Authority, and nearly 2,000 coins dating back to the Fatimid period, or the eleventh century

“The coins are in excellent state of preservation, and despite the fact they were at the bottom of the sea for about a thousand years, they did not require any cleaning or conservation intervention”

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015...ound-in-israel-unearthed-from-ancient-harbor/

I sure as hell hope that the stories of "finding" the H-bomb are 100% true. Otherwise, aren't we dredging up information (no pun intended) about a potential weapon of mass destruction just sitting in the water, waiting for some psychopath to locate and exploit??

I sure as hell hope that the stories of "finding" the H-bomb are 100% true. Otherwise, aren't we dredging up information (no pun intended) about a potential weapon of mass destruction just sitting in the water, waiting for some psychopath to locate and exploit??

No.

This was a well known story since it happened.

Here's a real story from under the waves - somebody found Jew gold!

Largest trove of gold coins in Israel unearthed from ancient harbor

Coins.jpg

A group of divers in Israel has stumbled upon the largest hoard of gold coins ever discovered in the country. The divers reported the find to the Israel Antiquities Authority, and nearly 2,000 coins dating back to the Fatimid period, or the eleventh century

“The coins are in excellent state of preservation, and despite the fact they were at the bottom of the sea for about a thousand years, they did not require any cleaning or conservation intervention”

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015...ound-in-israel-unearthed-from-ancient-harbor/

Can you imagine the look on that guys face when he saw that?..haha