• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Championship Week

But the coach and team can't pick it's opponents. They rise or fall based on their constitution. They won. Should have been enough.
It’s getting the best teams, not the most deserving. FSU isn’t top 4 with the backup.

Is next year when it goes to 12 teams? I wonder if there will be more or less controversy.

It’ s BS
Bama struggled with USF and had lost to Auburn but Auburn choked with their A team
Stop. We struggled against USF, in a phucking hurricane, playing our 3rd and 4th string QBs during the game. We didn't lose to Auburn - a comeback win is still a win (oh, if you doubt that then take away 6 of the Steelers' wins this season).

Bama beat the #1 team in the country. NO ONE else can claim that. They also had the 5th hardest schedule in all of college football.

Sit back and relax. The committee made the right choice at the top 4 teams...

Stop. We struggled against USF, in a phucking hurricane, playing our 3rd and 4th string QBs during the game. We didn't lose to Auburn - a comeback win is still a win (oh, if you doubt that then take away 6 of the Steelers' wins this season).

Bama beat the #1 team in the country. NO ONE else can claim that. They also had the 5th hardest schedule in all of college football.

Best four team? You're right. Four most deserving? Not the question the committee toys with, but the fans do.

I welcome the demise of this stupid system. I hope the money brokers are more open to adjusting the new system as it goes along than they were this one.

OK fellas (and gals), it's almost game time. So, time for me to put some 'shine in the glass and sit my azz down in front of the TV.
Based on who these teams are right now, committee got it right. Would have loved to have seen 'Bama left out just for the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
But, RRRRRRROOLLLL TIDE (Just on January 1st).

Wow. Saban starts off with "We deserve this." Careful there, Coach. FSU has an argument about deservedness. The committee doesn't care.

But, the fans do.

Wow. Saban starts off with "We deserve this." Careful there, Coach. FSU has an argument about deservedness. The committee doesn't care.

But, the fans do.
Alabama earned it. The fans are also getting great matchups.

It’s getting the best teams, not the most deserving. FSU isn’t top 4 with the backup.

Then the season doesn't matter. Just have a bunch of people in a room pick their 4 favorites. First, we have no idea if FSU is not as good as any of the others. If one thing is clear there are ZERO truly great teams this year. Every team is beatable. FSU is winning the same way as MIchigan with defense and an offense that does just enough.

I do think FSU could beat any of the 4 teams because their defense is legit.

Regardless, they earned it on the field. I don;t care if they get in and get blown out by 50. The reason college football is great is because it has the most meaningful regular season of any sport. Not anymore.

I seem to remember a Penn State team that beat Ohio State and won the Big 10 championship being snubbed in favor of Ohio State when Ohio State didn’t even play in the Big 10 championship. Don’t tell me it’s not possible.
See?? I told you that BOTH Alabama AND Georgia wouldnt make it

Then the season doesn't matter. Just have a bunch of people in a room pick their 4 favorites. First, we have no idea if FSU is not as good as any of the others. If one thing is clear there are ZERO truly great teams this year. Every team is beatable. FSU is winning the same way as MIchigan with defense and an offense that does just enough.

Regardless, they earned it on the field. I don;t care if they get in and get blown out by 50. The reason college football is great is because it has the most meaningful regular season of any sport. Not anymore.
There’s a committee to select teams. We knew it would be this way, I don’t quite understand why people are surprised with FSU being left out. This won’t be an issue next year. Bottom line is they got the best 4 P5 champs.

uh-no-no.gif

You stop 🛑
Everyone is saying FSU shouldn’t be in by how they looked without their QB, why shouldn’t bama be judged on how they won last week with starting QB
SEC BIAS!

Yes but that’s not the point

Game indoors on a fast track giving Saban almost a month to prepare.sure
So which bowl game is the Bama-Michigan game gonna be? And which bowl game for Texas-Washington?

A bunch of SEC vs Big Ten bowl games.....
Michigan v Bama
OSU v Missouri
PSU v Ole Miss
Iowa v Tennessee
Wisconsin v LSU