• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Man am I glad I'm an Atheist....and not raised Catholic in Pennsylvania

Christians voted for Trump because Dems reject religion. Duh.

My wife is an Orthodox Christian. Their priests can marry, provided they do that before ordained, They don't have this problem.

Your hate transcends your ability to reason.

I am an Orthodox Christian also. In fact, my dad is a Priest. My view? You just look up, you thank for your blessings and you learn from what is written about the pious individuals (Saints) that came before you. If only everyone was exposed to the teachings and took them to heart, this would be a better world. JMO.

Since the logic goes: some Muslims are terrorists = all 1.8 Billion Muslims are terrorists wouldn't this mean
some Christian men are pedophiles = all Christian men are pedophiles.

Absolutely sickening. Elfie, when did you become an Atheist? You're on record here claiming you're Jewish.

Since the logic goes: some Muslims are terrorists = all 1.8 Billion Muslims are terrorists wouldn't this mean
some Christian men are pedophiles = all Christian men are pedophiles.

I just argued the exact opposite point... try to keep up...

Some of any large group are bad people. Large organizations have covered up transgressions for years... we have seen this recently in acadamia, corporations, Hollywood, and politics... the Catholic church was undoubtedly wrong to hide this... but its not a problem centered in religion or the catholic church, its a broader issue in society... focusing only on one part of it lets other parts get ignored...

So lets go back to the story of the week in the UK... there are about 15 acid attacks a week there now... this is a Muslim associated thing where corrosive liquid is thrown in the face of an innocent (usually women or child) its often done as a group and typically has several offenders per incident... but there are 2.6 milion muslims in the UK... while 15 a week sounds high, its still a minute fraction of the population of muslims that do this nonsense... in a vacuum the news makes the 100,000 radicals in that country sound like all the muslims there... again, percentages of any large group has nutjobs and selfish evil people...

Hi, my name is Eric. I'm a non believer and I am a conservative who voted for Trump.
We aren't all like you Elfie.

if you voted for Trump, you are labeled a Trumptard, sheep, apologist, Neo-Nazi, bigot and on and on. What many still don't get is they gave us the options of **** sandwiches and some chose one over the other. We had to. Basically 50% of the country did. Doesn't make everyone on either side to blame or bad people, but it's the hand we were dealt. There are some bad Muslims, but more good ones, same with Christians, white, black, brown and yellow people. You can't generalize a whole group by a percentage of bad apples.
This is going to hurt for a long time and there is major clean-up that will take place, for awhile. Some are going to leave, while some will question everything. It's human nature. It's a mess, and quite disappointing and disgusting.

Let's give the board Catholics a break and go after their Protestant brethren for a minute:

OHHHH! The lard is good! Hallelujah the LARD is soooooooooooooo good! Listen to this fat little piggie tell you how good it is!

Hi, my name is Eric. I'm a non believer and I am a conservative who voted for Trump.
We aren't all like you Elfie.

You’re smart enough to throw of the yoke of religious nonsense, yet you voted for a nonsensical evil clown...........way to go.

Pedophilia is sanctioned by the god of the bible.

hahahahaha

He must be reading the MUSLIM Bible!

Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of six or seven, but she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, or ten according to Ibn Hisham, when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina.

My take for a long time has been that many times homos become priests for cover so they don't have to explain why they're not married.

I know for most of you here, it’s 6 of one.... half-dozen of the other.... but for the record, homosexuality and pedophilia aren’t the same thing.

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. “Why have you let all the women live?” he demanded. “These are the very ones who followed Balaam’s advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD’s people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Numbers 31:7-18 NLT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. “This is what you are to do,” they said. “Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin.” Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, “How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God’s curse.”

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, “Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, ‘Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn’t find enough wives for them when we dest60royed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'” So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

Judges 21:10-24 NLT

so, the Protestants and Catholics have been condemned.

next up for Elfie ... Islam.
amirite?

Thats 300 priests over 70 years... its something like 2 to 3 percent... it sounds huge but its kind of in line with typical human scum percentages... and you really underplay the amount of Muslim terrorism that goes on.. the uk is up to 15 acid attacks per week.. small attacks get swept under the rug just like most child molestation cases.. this is just big news because it has the catholic church tied to it.. and again, me and the vatican are not exactly friendly... I just think this is a narrow narrative that ignores a much larger problem to specifically attack a politically charged religious group... there are a lot more pedophiles than just a small number of priests...

The only problem with that analysis is these aren’t typical human scum. They are the vicars of Christ on earth, supposedly born again....new creatures in Christ, blah...blah.

So if the numbers are typical.......then that means being a Christian or at least being around the church(if they are phonies) has absolutely NO EFFECT on ones behavior.....

Well, just another failed cult.

You’re smart enough to throw of the yoke of religious nonsense, yet you voted for a nonsensical evil clown...........way to go.

Well you know, I wanted no religion but wanted to keep my racist bigoted Nazi side intact.

Well you know, I wanted no religion but wanted to keep my racist bigoted Nazi side intact.

Either that are you were gullible enough to believe that a 2 bit, 6 time bankrupt "businessman" born with a silver spoon in his mouth was concerned about you and your family.......

Which one is it?

Lol!!! I thought I read Elf was a female?

we do not assume elf's gender. ze/zer/zeir gets all binary angry when we do.