• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Manchester bombing.

Oh, the irony of citing a Breitbart article about reporting extremist views...

yes, because the left has no extremist views.
antifa

This seems like a good place to post this. I'm curious to see how all the SN anti-Muslim fanatics score on this.

1004428_1_0921-Islam_standard.png

How much do you know about Islam and violence? Take the quiz
The Christian Science Monitor

Do you know the difference between jihad and a fatwa? What about attacks carried out by the Islamic State group? Take our quiz to find out how much you know about Islam and violence.

TAKE THE QUIZ HERE: https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Mid...bout-Islam-and-violence-Take-the-quiz/Numbers

Last edited:
[h=2]Quiz results[/h] [TABLE="class: scores"]
<thead> [TR]
[TD] Your score 78%
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody> [TR]
[TD]
You answered 14 of 18 questions correctly for a total score of 78%.

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<thead> [TR]
[TD] Your score 78%
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody> [TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

It's kind of like a lawyer mentality. If you find yourself stuck defending something or somebody that is very tough to defend, you need to study up about it.

It's kind of like a lawyer mentality. If you find yourself stuck defending something or somebody that is very tough to defend, you need to study up about it.

I've never defended, nor will I ever defend terrorism of any sort. I do have an issue with racism, religious intolerance and scapegoating though. How'd you score on the quiz btw?

I've never defended, nor will I ever defend terrorism of any sort. I do have an issue with racism, religious intolerance and scapegoating though. How'd you score on the quiz btw?

Didn't take it. Not interested. Religion in general disinterests me.

<thead> [TR]
[TD] Your score 78%
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody> [TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

What a crock.... I scored 15 of 18 and basically just picked the answer that most favorably casts Muslim faith.

What a crock.... I scored 15 of 18 and basically just picked the answer that most favorably casts Muslim faith.
I thought you'd be interested in the facts along with all the misconceptions and false narratives. Guess not.

I didn't take it after looking at question 1. It was easy to dismiss the survey as utterly bogus when the first question is "of the 1.6 Billion Muslims, how many are members of ISIS?"

What a terrible question designed with an intentional statistical slant. Let's see - ISIS is but one branch of a worldwide ideology that has countless violent terrorist and radical arms. ISIS is but one "team" in a planet full. The question didn't say "what percentage of Muslims are radical bent on death and destruction." Nope, what percentage are in ISIS?

That's akin to asking what percentage of 6 feet tall+ point guards are on the Orlando Magic, finding out there is just one, then trying to convince others that there is one 6 foot tall PG in the NBA.

Bogus.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

One more point. The next move by TibTardLodyte will be to try to refute Gabriel's claims on the number of Radical Islamists worldwide.

That conversation will be irrelevant. It literally doesn't matter if 7% or 20% are Radical. The result is a number that ranges from 12million and up, larger than most armies on the planet, with a mission to destroy Western Civilization.

They want you to Katy Perry this, hashtag it, and want you to hug the enemy to solve it.

We know how that has worked out. Wash rinse repeat.

I thought you'd be interested in the facts along with all the misconceptions and false narratives. Guess not.

Tibs, that's such horse **** and you know it. There's nothing factual about that survey. I blew that **** up already.

"What % of Muslims are in ISIS?"

Horribly, obviously slanted question.

Last edited:
There's nothing factual about that survey.

You may not like the facts, but they remain the facts regardless. Write to the Christian Science Monitor and complain about the inaccuracy of the survey. I'm sure you'll be able to substantiate your argument and they'll promptly correct it.

You may not like the facts, but they remain the facts regardless. Write to the Christian Science Monitor and complain about the inaccuracy of the survey. I'm sure you'll be able to substantiate your argument and they'll promptly correct it.

You claiming them to be facts doesn't make it so. I mean I know in Liberal world it does. What it is is statistics manipulation.

Back under your bed cry boy.

You claiming them to be facts doesn't make it so. I mean I know in Liberal world it does. What it is is statistics manipulation. Back under your bed cry boy.

Typical alt-right pantsy. Doesn't like the facts and starts screaming fake news, fake data, fake info....

Everything needs to fit tightly into your preconceived worldview, otherwise you won't touch it with a ten foot pole. The lack of intellectual fortitude and critical thinking from Trump supporters on the board is staggering. But not at all surprising.

Typical alt-right pantsy. Doesn't like the facts and starts screaming fake news, fake data, fake info....

Everything needs to fit tightly into your preconceived worldview, otherwise you won't touch it with a ten foot pole. The lack of intellectual fortitude and critical thinking from Trump supporters on the board is staggering. But not at all surprising.

It must look that way when you are always living in fantasy land. The **** you have been force fed by disingenuous sources for so many years has warped your perspective on everything. I wouldn't call it fake news, I would call it slanted, heavily biased news. Play up every angle that fits the agenda and completely ignore every angle that makes the agenda look like ****. Oldest trick in the playbook and you guys keep buying it hook, line and sinker.

As I said, present facts. Till then, your posts are typical blowhard bullshit.

Statistical manipulation doesn't present facts. It warps the stats.

How many radical terrorists are there Tibsie? How many Muslim terrorist organizations are there? Go type into Google. Then run away crying again. Yer great at that LOL

Ha ha, Tim scared of a little quiz published by the Christian Science Monitor, who've won seven Pulitzer prizes over the years.

Stumbles on the very first question and has a hissy fit. Ignores - or simply doesn't have the balls to complete - the rest of quiz.

Goes on the attack, screams 'statistical manipulation!', changes the topic and misses the point of the exercise completely.

Typical Trump snowflake. Welcome to the SN Politics & Religion board, you never disappoint. LOL

Let's have a deeper look into the bogus CSM survey, which begins with the question "There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. What percentage of Muslims belong to the Islamic State (ISIS or IS)?"

The proper question, if it were a proper survey, would be to ask "There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. What percentage of Muslims are radical?" Because designating the question to just ISIS ignores the full list of State Department-designated foreign terrorist organizations (gee, I wonder how many of these are Muslim? 96%?):

Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
Aum Shinrikyo (AUM)
Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group) (IG)
HAMAS
Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
Hizballah
Kahane Chai (Kach)
Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) (Kongra-Gel)
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
National Liberation Army (ELN)
Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLF)
PFLP-General Command (PFLP-GC)
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)
Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C)
Shining Path (SL)
al-Qa’ida (AQ)
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
Real Irish Republican Army (RIRA)
Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM)
Lashkar-e Tayyiba (LeT)
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (AAMB)
Asbat al-Ansar (AAA)
al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM)
Communist Party of the Philippines/New People's Army (CPP/NPA)
Jemaah Islamiya (JI)
Lashkar i Jhangvi (LJ)
Ansar al-Islam (AAI)
Continuity Irish Republican Army (CIRA)
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (formerly al-Qa'ida in Iraq)
Islamic Jihad Union (IJU)
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami/Bangladesh (HUJI-B)
al-Shabaab
Revolutionary Struggle (RS)
Kata'ib Hizballah (KH)
al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami (HUJI)
Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP)
Jundallah
Army of Islam (AOI)
Indian Mujahedeen (IM)
Jemaah Anshorut Tauhid (JAT)
Abdallah Azzam Brigades (AAB)
Haqqani Network (HQN)
Ansar al-Dine (AAD)
Boko Haram
Ansaru
al-Mulathamun Battalion
Ansar al-Shari'a in Benghazi
Ansar al-Shari'a in Darnah
Ansar al-Shari'a in Tunisia
ISIL Sinai Province (formally Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis)
al-Nusrah Front
Mujahidin Shura Council in the Environs of Jerusalem (MSC)
Jaysh Rijal al-Tariq al Naqshabandi (JRTN)
ISIL-Khorasan (ISIL-K)
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's Branch in Libya (ISIL-Libya)
Al-Qa’ida in the Indian Subcontinent

By limiting the question to ISIS only omits the vast majority of Muslim terrorist organizations around the globe, designated by our Government or not.

It also ignores the large % of the population that are NOT members of these organizations but can, would or do commit terrorist acts as lone wolfs, or condone/support radical Jihadi violence.

From Pew Research, a fascinating report: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

• There are 1.8Billion Muslims on the planet.
  • Roughly 24% of the global population is Muslim.
  • Europe will be 10% Muslim by 2050.
  • Currently 1% of the US population is Muslim. By 2050, that number will grow to 2.1% of our population.
  • Muslim populations are growing because the average Muslim woman has 2.9 children compared to 2.2 children in other populations.

Now have a look at their views. First, Sharia Law. If anyone here finds any value in Sharia, you can stop reading now and can't be taken seriously. I view anyone who wants Sharia Law to be the law as radical. Just my take.

Pew did a 39 country survey asking Muslims if they wanted Sharia Law to be the official law of the land in their country.
  • 99% of Afghani Muslims want Sharia.
  • 91% of Iraqis do.
  • 84% of Pakistanis do.
  • In Turkey, Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan, 12%, 10% and 8% do.

In the most moderate countries like Azerbaijan, 8% of Muslims want Sharia. Let's just apply that number, on the outlier scale and say ONLY 8% of Muslims across the globe actively want Sharia Law to the law of the land. That translates into 144 Million Muslims around the globe that want Sharia Law. That number is vastly low, considering 8% is the bottom number when some countries have 99% and 91% of their residents wanting Sharia.

Now lets look at Muslim views of ISIS. Startling numbers.
  • 20% of Nigerian Muslims see ISIS favorably.
  • 92% of Indonesian Muslims say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified (8% don't oppose it)
  • 91% of Iraqi Muslims say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified (9% don't oppose it)
  • 86% of US Muslims say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified (14% don't oppose it) - staggering eh, here in the USA?
  • 7% of US Muslims say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam ARE sometimes justified
  • 1% of US Muslims say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the nae of Islam ARE justified
  • In a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh.

Now you can slice and dice these numbers a hundred ways, but they don't come out well.

If you believe, as I do, anyone that wants Sharia Law to be the law of the land as radical, those numbers range from 8% to 99% of Muslim residents wanting Sharia Law in certain countries. As indicated, if it was just 8% across the globe (and it's not, the average wanting Sharia law will be much higher across the globe), we are dealing with 144Million Muslims that want Sharia Law.

As for those that believe suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam, the numbers are also equally if not more disturbing. 8% of US Muslims are ok with it. 20% of Nigerians are in favor of it. 8% and 9% of Indonesian and Iraqi Muslims favor the violence. The range is between 8%-40% of certain populations of Muslims that favor violence against innocents.

If globally the number is a mere 12% (not 40% as it is in Pakistan) of Muslims favor violence against innocent civilians in the name of Islam, then 216Million Muslims worldwide support radical Islam. That's saying it's JUST 12%.

You pick your number, I don't care. 144 Million. 216 Million. If Brigitte is right and intelligence agencies around the globe estimate that 10-15% of Muslims are radical, then the range is 180Million to 270Million radical Muslims live on this planet, bent on the destruction of Western civilization.

Our standing military is only 2.34 Million.

Act like it's not a problem, but the facts are against ya.

Last edited:
This is the mindset that has turned Europe is such a shithole now

Write a letter to terrorists! Children told to ‘respect’ killers in new teaching aid

NEW teaching aid that recommends schoolchildren as young as seven “write a letter to a terrorist” to help understand their motives has been condemned as “dangerous and misguided”.

The book, Talking About Terrorism, published weeks before the Manchester Arena atrocity, describes the indiscriminate mass murder of innocent members of the public as a “type of war”.

It tells primary age children that terrorists kill people because they believe they are being treated “unfairly and not shown respect”.

It gives examples of “terrorists” whose ideas then turn out to be right: “The Suffragettes used violence and were called terrorists,” it stated.

“Today many people think of them as brave women and admire their struggle for the right to vote.”

Chris McGovern, chairman of the Campaign for Real Education, said the letter task would confuse and potentially upset pupils.

He said: “This a crackpot idea based on the misguided notion that primary school children must engage with, and show “respect” for, religious fanatics who are seeking to kill them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/81...-killers-teaching-aid-talking-about-terrorism

::crickets::

back under the bed.

It must look that way when you are always living in fantasy land. The **** you have been force fed by disingenuous sources for so many years has warped your perspective on everything. I wouldn't call it fake news, I would call it slanted, heavily biased news. Play up every angle that fits the agenda and completely ignore every angle that makes the agenda look like ****. Oldest trick in the playbook and you guys keep buying it hook, line and sinker.

Yep. Control the media and you control the way people think...except it doesn't work for those of us intelligent enough to recognize it and call it out.

This is the mindset that has turned Europe is such a shithole now

Write a letter to terrorists! Children told to ‘respect’ killers in new teaching aid

NEW teaching aid that recommends schoolchildren as young as seven “write a letter to a terrorist” to help understand their motives has been condemned as “dangerous and misguided”.

The book, Talking About Terrorism, published weeks before the Manchester Arena atrocity, describes the indiscriminate mass murder of innocent members of the public as a “type of war”.

It tells primary age children that terrorists kill people because they believe they are being treated “unfairly and not shown respect”.

It gives examples of “terrorists” whose ideas then turn out to be right: “The Suffragettes used violence and were called terrorists,” it stated.

“Today many people think of them as brave women and admire their struggle for the right to vote.”

Chris McGovern, chairman of the Campaign for Real Education, said the letter task would confuse and potentially upset pupils.

He said: “This a crackpot idea based on the misguided notion that primary school children must engage with, and show “respect” for, religious fanatics who are seeking to kill them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/81...-killers-teaching-aid-talking-about-terrorism

Apologize to your murderer while offering your neck to his knife.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Terrorism simply has no religion.” Imams from across Britain march in Manchester to preach a message of unity and solidarity <a href="https://t.co/msNusso6rP">pic.twitter.com/msNusso6rP</a></p>— Channel 4 News (@Channel4News) <a href="https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/868879610020278272">May 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>