• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

March 8 GOP Primary Primer (HI, ID, MI, MS)

Rubio needs to suspend his campaign or his political career is over. I think staying in and losing Florida would end career.

Rubio's been exposed as a career politician that just "runs for office" and never actually does anything.

There are tons like him (Obama was one as well). They are just campaign machines: work the donors, do interviews, stump the speeches, smile for the cameras.

Watching Rubio reminds me of reading "Duck for President" for my kids. Every elected office he gets he says "being a senator is no fun as all"... so he runs for something else to keep him busy.

I have no idea what Rubio is going to do the next 4 years. Maybe he'll start showing up and voting as a Senator, but I doubt it.

There are tons like him (Obama was one as well). They are just campaign machines: work the donors, do interviews, stump the speeches, smile for the cameras.

Watching Rubio reminds me of reading "Duck for President" for my kids. Every elected office he gets he says "being a senator is no fun as all"... so he runs for something else to keep him busy.

That describes an uncomfortably large percentage of modern politicians, doesn't it?

We are now told that "experience" is crucial for a Presidential candidate. These candidates go from one election and elected office to another, never holding down a job in the private sector, or running a business, or meeting a payroll.

However, Eisenhower had exactly zero experience in politics and was a damn good President; Teddy Roosevelt had very little political experience (short term in the New York state legislature) before being elected Vice-President, and after taking office following the McKinley assassination, he turned into a pretty damn good President as well. Reagan had two terms as California governor, and nothing before that. He was a damn fine President as well.