• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Matt Canada Must Be Fired Immediately

One thing I mentioned about Bevell a few weeks ago is that he and Tomlin have a brief history of working on the same team. Bevell was the Vikings OC the year that Tomlin was the DC. Bevell checks a lot of boxes for me:
1. Up to date on current NFL offenses
2. As the OP noted, experience in different systems; having been the QB coach in GB, OC in Minnesota, Detroit and Jacksonville and now, and of most interest to me, the QB Coach AND Passing Game Coordinator for the Dolphins during Tua's development the last two years.
3. He's not one dimensional as an OC. In 2013, as Seahawks OC, his offense finished #4 in the league in rushing. Seattle won the SB that year.
4. His time in Miami should have given him extensive knowledge of the Shanahan system.
Good breakdown.👊

Kinda new here so I am unfamiliar with "the Monkey" I assume Lefty is Leftwich... Sorry for the ignorance... I'll catch up

Read on to get full explanation of the "Monkey"

Any shiit flinging monkey. Correct on Lefty.

NO SIR, not just shiit flinging monkey. Pull up a chair my friend and hear this story well.

It all started years ago when the "Bruce" was our OC. he was terrible in that poor BEN was getting killed, etc..
I solicited several calls / meetings with the "Bruce" but to no avail would he receive a meeting with me.

I owned and ran a rental business of one armed shiit flinging monkeys. I trained them for all kinds of activities. I was very
careful as to who could and could not rent them as I upheld how they were treated and compatible with the renter.

Ron Burgandy finally got me a private meeting with the "Bruce" and I took it from there. I let him see firsthand and
many recommendations from many satisfied customers. The "Bruce" accepted but was cautious.

Unfortunately, he was relieved of duties here, but the short time of his rental he had shown HUGE progress in calling plays and what-not
using one of three favorite, One Armed Shiit Flinging Monkeys.

Fortunately for him he retained the rental agreement and found his career resurrected & perfected.

Time spent and the term one-armed shiit flinging monkey has "SLANGED" down to shiit flinging monkey.

So, here is the history and story of how three GREAT men and a handful of one armed shiit flinging monkeys
changed the world of football in PITTSBURGH.

Salute the nation

NO SIR, not just shiit flinging monkey. Pull up a chair my friend and hear this story well.

It all started years ago when the "Bruce" was our OC. he was terrible in that poor BEN was getting killed, etc..
I solicited several calls / meetings with the "Bruce" but to no avail would he receive a meeting with me.

I owned and ran a rental business of one armed shiit flinging monkeys. I trained them for all kinds of activities. I was very
careful as to who could and could not rent them as I upheld how they were treated and compatible with the renter.

Ron Burgandy finally got me a private meeting with the "Bruce" and I took it from there. I let him see firsthand and
many recommendations from many satisfied customers. The "Bruce" accepted but was cautious.

Unfortunately, he was relieved of duties here, but the short time of his rental he had shown HUGE progress in calling plays and what-not

Fortunately for him he retained the rental agreement and found his career resurrected & perfected.

Time spent and the term one-armed shiit flinging monkey has "SLANGED" down to shiit flinging monkey.

So, here is the history and story of how three GREAT men and a handful of one armed shiit flinging monkeys

Salute the nation
That is so funny...Thanks for the backstory!! :love:

Lol i can never pick out my absolute favorite Bruce Arians memories…

I know him saying that quick slants wouldn’t help when the oline was so bad Ben was getting sacked 9 times a game..

Tgen there was that game i think vs the Jets, where they were facing like the worse run defense in the NFL and there was a windstorm in Pittsburgh during the game, so they threw it like 50 times and lost, and he said something afterwards about how the routes were all open and they thought they could exploit it…

Arians O could move the ball down to the twenty so easily then they had absolutely no clue what to do..

Salute the nation
Absolute GEM!

I am still not convinced that Canada has sole decision making powers on game day. We have seen too much of the same BS from multiple OC & DC’s in Tomlin’s tenure, for it to always be the coordinator
He's operating under Tomlin's philosophy, but Canada has also only had two really good years as an OC in his entire coaching career.

Word on the street is that Lefty offered his services to Tomlin, but he has been totally ignored!
Because Duh is still here and Deuce ain’t paying an extra coach.
Kinda new here so I am unfamiliar with "the Monkey" I assume Lefty is Leftwich... Sorry for the ignorance... I'll catch up
Welcome to our humble abode.
Deuce = Art Rooney II
Shades = Tomlin
Duh = Matt Canaduh
Sparky = Teryl Austin
Bubbles = Danny Smith

One thing I mentioned about Bevell a few weeks ago is that he and Tomlin have a brief history of working on the same team. Bevell was the Vikings OC the year that Tomlin was the DC. Bevell checks a lot of boxes for me:
1. Up to date on current NFL offenses
2. As the OP noted, experience in different systems; having been the QB coach in GB, OC in Minnesota, Detroit and Jacksonville and now, and of most interest to me, the QB Coach AND Passing Game Coordinator for the Dolphins during Tua's development the last two years.
3. He's not one dimensional as an OC. In 2013, as Seahawks OC, his offense finished #4 in the league in rushing. Seattle won the SB that year.
4. His time in Miami should have given him extensive knowledge of the Shanahan system.
Clearly too smart for Shades’ taste. Has no chance.

He's operating under Tomlin's philosophy, but Canada has also only had two really good years as an OC in his entire coaching career.
If Shades could win every game 7-6 that would be his idea of a great season.

Lets see

Id take:
A random coach off of another team, or trainer, probably a ball boy…
3/4ths of the peanut vendors in the stands
Any of those kids selling Girl Scouts cookies in front of the supermarket
One of the homeless people sleeping under tge overpass on second Avenue
Henry winkler with that “ coaching for dummies “ prop from “the waterboy.”
The little old lady sitting at the busstop.
A very well behaved dog
A chimpanzee flinging poo at a playchart
The dumbest member of Hanson
A grade school Madden player
Or a Veronica’s secret lingerie model (at least then I would not mind so much when they show the OC in the booth)

None of these probably make’s anything better … but id guess it would not get worse, either.. probably no difference at all, then once they try to change all the players yet again, we can probably figure out the root of the problem, lol
You forgot cooch

You forgot cooch
I think he would just try to get half the team traded. Not sure that would work out well. Imagine him in the draft room?

"What's their 40?"

"Not liking this guy's head measurement"

Immediately after the pick..., "I would have picked".

If Shades could win every game 7-6 that would be his idea of a great season.
Well, if he won EVERY game 7-6, that would mean a SB and an undefeated season. Sooooooo ..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well, if he won EVERY game 7-6, that would mean a SB and an undefeated season. Sooooooo ..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Never a losing season.
Greatest coach everrrr….

What is unreal is that somehow we aren’t the worst Offense in the league… idk how

In another post it was mentioned that we are statistically worse than the Ray Sherman offense.

Salute the nation

At the 2;30 mark. Add one more defense saying they knew what plays were coming.
I'm dumbfounded at this point. It's like we're living the script of Major League. I don't know what the current ownership's end goal is, but it damn sure isn't fielding a championship football team. As long as the current coaching staff is retained, I will not go out of my way to tune in. If I can't record and fast forward through the garbage, I just won't watch.

I love bringing this out like once a year