• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Matt Canada Must Be Fired Immediately

PFF currently has Dotson rated as the #2 G in the NFL with the Rams. Talented player that the current steeler staff couldn't do anything with.

A testament to our accredited coaching staff. We saw flashed early in his career, but I think our OL coach isn’near good enough or schematic enough to get full potential out of these guys,

I’m curious as to what that Kendrick Green kid is accomplishing outside of PITTSBURGH ?

Salute the nation

A testament to our accredited coaching staff. We saw flashed early in his career, but I think our OL coach isn’near good enough or schematic enough to get full potential out of these guys,

I’m curious as to what that Kendrick Green kid is accomplishing outside of PITTSBURGH ?

Salute the nation
I am like inbetween the scheme and or not being coached up. Could be one of the listed, could be both.

PFF currently has Dotson rated as the #2 G in the NFL with the Rams. Talented player that the current steeler staff couldn't do anything with.
Coached up and he’s playing RG, a position he should’ve been playing in Pittsburgh. I believe he played there early on and played well. It reminds me when the Steelers played Watt and Dupree on the wrong side. When they flipped them the production increased.

Coaching is no different than any other profession. You have the best,great,good,mediocre and terrible in every profession.

And just like you can definitely tell great players from good players, you can tell great coaches from good or mediocre. You can't hide it. And you definitely notice when you lose great coaches and they're replaced with mediocre or just good coaches.

Salute the nation

I think he's on IR from tearing something up in his knee during the game vs the Steelers.

Isn't one of our X CB's doing well with the Rams as well?
Witherspoon was doing ok last I checked..

Artie burns was an average cb

bush was being used sparingly but was ok

Green still was subpar, but better than here

At least Conner is still injury prone… though not resigning him was more because he wanted to get a fresh start elsewhere I think…

I just hate the concept that Pittsburgh media throws out that its all about players and coaches barely matter… its low IQ thinking at it’s worst…

Mario Lemieux was maybe the most talented player in NHL history and the only two cups he won were under the two greatest coaches he had… over and over you see coaches who take a lesser sum of parts and turn them into great teams and others that have superior talent and flounder despite it..

And Next to Baseball, which is pure 1on 1 pitcher vs batter matchups for the most part, football is tge most strategic team sport out there… one could argue it’s definitely tge deepest strategy with so many aspects of the team so different and super important…

Of course coaching matters a ton…

Oooh tge run game sucks YET AGAIN… lets try yet another RB back there

Insert excuse about why this QB is throwing for 6 ypa like all the rest… They apparently all are broken in the same way… oooh lets get more forst rounders at every position… thats how all teams are built, right?

Last edited:
I just hate the concept that Pittsburgh media throws out that its all about players and coaches barely matter… its low IQ thinking at it’s worst…

Mario Lemieux was maybe in the top 5 the most talented players in NHL history and the only two cups he won were under the two greatest coaches he had… over and over you see coaches who take a lesser sum of parts and turn them into great teams and others that have superior talent and flounder despite it..

And Next to Baseball, which is pure 1on 1 pitcher vs batter matchups for the most part, football is tge most strategic team sport out there… one could argue it’s definitely tge deepest strategy with so many aspects of the team so different and super important…

Of course coaching matters a ton…

Oooh tge run game sucks YET AGAIN… lets try yet another RB back there

Insert excuse about why this QB is throwing for 6 ypa like all the rest… They apparently all are broken in the same way… oooh lets get more forst rounders at every position… thats how all teams are built, right?
Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr all higher.

It's stupid when people say the players need to execute. If you follow that logic then why even have an OC? Just call the same exact run up the middle on every single down. I mean, if every player makes their block on every play and the RB finds the hole on every play then you only need 2.5 yards each time and you will literally never be stopped.

When a team has a bad game, it may be on the players. Maybe they did mess up or maybe they just aren't good enough. But when an offense struggles for multiple seasons and NEVER has a single great game, that's the coaching.

Look no further than how far the OL fell off when Munchak left. Yeah, he had Pouncey, but the OL sucked before Munchak got here and went right back down when he left.

Now I'm thinking Adrian Klemm was smart to leave. He didn't want Canada's scheme to drag him down too.

It's stupid when people say the players need to execute. If you follow that logic then why even have an OC? Just call the same exact run up the middle on every single down. I mean, if every player makes their block on every play and the RB finds the hole on every play then you only need 2.5 yards each time and you will literally never be stopped.

When a team has a bad game, it may be on the players. Maybe they did mess up or maybe they just aren't good enough. But when an offense struggles for multiple seasons and NEVER has a single great game, that's the coaching.

Look no further than how far the OL fell off when Munchak left. Yeah, he had Pouncey, but the OL sucked before Munchak got here and went right back down when he left.

Now I'm thinking Adrian Klemm was smart to leave. He didn't want Canada's scheme to drag him down too.
Here is a good diagram to support Canada's sh!t show.

Worst opening scripted plays in the NFL congrats!

At least Conner is still injury prone… though not resigning him was more because he wanted to get a fresh start elsewhere I think…
Connor would be okay as a #2 with less than ten touches a game. Problem was he wanted to be a #1 and paid like a #1.

Here is a good diagram to support Canada's sh!t show.

Worst opening scripted plays in the NFL congrats!

What does EPA stand for and how does whoever made this graph know what is scripted or not? Also not sure how we can be negative in both?

What does EPA stand for and how does whoever made this graph know what is scripted or not? Also not sure how we can be negative in both?
"Expected Points Added (EPA) is a measure of success which defines the value of each play by the effect it has on the offense's likelihood to score. For every play, EPA is attributed equally to both teams, and the metric is fairly reliable in identifying the best teams in football." (Per Google)

That's for the first question.

The second question is the offense sucks at both scripted and non scripted (comes during the game after the scripted) playcalling.

"Expected Points Added (EPA) is a measure of success which defines the value of each play by the effect it has on the offense's likelihood to score. For every play, EPA is attributed equally to both teams, and the metric is fairly reliable in identifying the best teams in football." (Per Google)

The second question is the offense sucks at both scripted and non scripted (comes during the game after the scripted) playcalling.
Unscripted sucks a lot less and that tells you all you need to know, we look better running like a headless chicken than using Canada and Tomlin offensive (literally) plan

If we're being really objective then that's terribly unfair because the Steelers offense never scores any f*cking points.

TJ after 3rd down be like:

F80qeStXgAAumGk

Thanks, but how does the author know what is scripted?

They assume the first 15 are the scripted plan against any given team, what you prepared during the week against an specific defense.
Which makes me laugh sadly because we know they do the same **** no matter who
1st and 10 at the 25, 8 in the box, KP in the shotgun hands off to Najee who then hits a brick wall left of center for a 1 yard gain.
2nd and 9 at the 26, 8 in the box, KP in the shotgun with a jet sweep to Gunner for a 3 yard loss.
3 and 12 at the 23, all 11 defenders on the line, KP sacked as soon as he has the ball in his hands.
4th and 18 at the 17, booming punt from the fatman sails almost to midfield.

Repeat until 3:42 left in the 3rd quarter.

This is how we know the plays are scripted.

They assume the first 15 are the scripted plan against any given team, what you prepared during the week against an specific defense.
Which makes me laugh sadly because we know they do the same **** no matter who
Seems like alot of assumptions to make except in our case. I don't understand the purpose of scripted plays there are alot of variables that go into play calling. To me game planning should be focusing on exploiting the other teams weaknesses and you could have a set of plays dedicated to that, but not following then in a specific order.