• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Matt Canada Must Be Fired Immediately

Matt Canada is pretty much the most hated guy in the City right now… so if anyone can quickly get him to sign a likeness rights contract, you could make a mint on anti canada Tshirts, dartboards, piñatas, maybe toilet paper… anything really related to destruction or ****…

If a charity could convince him, they could make a fortune by having an auction to tar and feather him with molasses or something fairly harmless… lol
Lean into the hate…

Tomlin and Canada are very arrogant and smug. Those characteristics are not conducive to good communication between coaches/ players. I'm glad Rooney didn't extend Tomlin contract yet. I hope he doesn't.

Heck, even the OL got worse with supposedly better players. Figure that out. Sounds like Penn State. Anyone ever see Tomlin and Franklin in a room together?

Tomlin and Canada are very arrogant and smug. Those characteristics are not conducive to good communication between coaches/ players. I'm glad Rooney didn't extend Tomlin contract yet. I hope he doesn't.
I might have some bad news for you.

More than likely that is just a formality.

I'm afraid you are right. My dream of Lil Tay as head coach ain't going to happen.

Holy ****! This is bad, bad. Atrociously, atrocious. A perfect example of Canada's playcalling killing any chance that KP8 develops as a passer. I'm not going to say any more as it speaks for itself.

INExt%20gen%20MG_5240-original.webp

Holy ****! This is bad, bad. Atrociously, atrocious. A perfect example of Canada's playcalling killing any chance that KP8 develops as a passer. I'm not going to say any more as it speaks for itself.

Its all from the safe offense mentality that Tomlin pushes. All out to the flats or along the sideline with a token deep middle shot preplanned on occasion…

Like I’ve said elsewhere… don’t draft any more qbs… just sign a scrapheap qb to run this mess. Trabisky was the right move all along… you cant ruin a ruined career any more than it already is

1000% this happens at the bye week with a 2-3 record, Rooney says FU to all the fans!

"You just watched the Houston Texans, with a rookie Head Coach, a rookie Offensive Coordinator, and a patchwork OL with guys who are practice squad level. They didn't make excuses, they just came up with a gameplan to negate the steelers edge rushers and give their QB easy throws with run after catch potential."

And this happens year in, year out....Coach blah blah and his HS coordinators can't, won't game plan to win games.
I don't doubt the team was told this was going to be a gimme win especially after barley winning the Raiders game
And if anyone thinks this isn't true, just watch every game the Steelers played a team under .500

"You just watched the Houston Texans, with a rookie Head Coach, a rookie Offensive Coordinator, and a patchwork OL with guys who are practice squad level. They didn't make excuses, they just came up with a gameplan to negate the steelers edge rushers and give their QB easy throws with run after catch potential."

And this happens year in, year out....Coach blah blah and his HS coordinators can't, won't game plan to win games.
I don't doubt the team was told this was going to be a gimme win especially after barley winning the Raiders game
And if anyone thinks this isn't true, just watch every game the Steelers played a team under .500

They gameplan… the problem lies when what they planned isn’t working… they don’t change the plan unless absolutely forced to…

Its why Ben had so many comebacks in his career… we decide we are going to take away player X and cover the short passes, then we start getting eaten alive by player y and some middle seam stuff and we keep plugging along until late in the game…

Or we decide to surprise a team that cant stop the run by passing all over them… only it doesn’t work and by the time we switch we are down 3 scores…

When we have a good gameplan… we win… when we don’t, we stubbornly cling to it far too long… like the Tebow loss in the playoffs

If you deep dive into analytics, you see that we target the middle of the field about 18% of the time, which is about average… but rarely early in games… and we do have a better than average target diversification in the passing game… which is good, but all the rest of the predictability metrics we are bottom 10 to bottom 5 in..

So by formation or situation or personnel we are extremely easy to read… which is even more perplexing because they run 66% of the offense out of 11 personnel and 27% from 12… we don’t even diversify that enough to be that predictable… I don’t think we have even used any 21 or 22 sets yet…

Send a message Tomlin, please firing Canada at least will let you know is it your play calling or players on the field. Make a change what bench Gunner two weeks in a row.

It's very, very easy to defend a Canaduh run offense even going back to when Ben was here. Ben called his own plays in the 2nd halves to bring us back for most of our wins that year.

Heck, even the OL got worse with supposedly better players. Figure that out. Sounds like Penn State. Anyone ever see Tomlin and Franklin in a room together?
Fromlin?

ZERO 400 YARD GAMES TOTAL YARDAGE IN THE MATT CANADA ERA....

Supposedly is the key word here. The talent level isn't there - we have a bunch of has beens and retreads we acquired in the off season that are poorly coached to boot. Our supposed all-Pro edge rusher was held to no sacks by a no-name OL. Pickett has regressed and Najee is decent if the holes are there but neither appear to be first round material.

Its all from the safe offense mentality that Tomlin pushes. All out to the flats or along the sideline with a token deep middle shot preplanned on occasion…

Like I’ve said elsewhere… don’t draft any more qbs… just sign a scrapheap qb to run this mess. Trabisky was the right move all along… you cant ruin a ruined career any more than it already is
As bad as Canada is, this is an even bigger concern moving forward. This type of offense isn't sustainable and cannot win in the NFL.

Whatever they do please don't draft any more hyped tight ends!

While the Steelers are floundering with Matt Canada, Tampa Bay went out and hired Dave Canales, who helped revitalize Geno Smith's career. Now he appears to be doing the same with Baker Mayfield.