• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Maybe i've been wrong...and hope

I still love the Steelers. However, between the NFL and Tomlin, it became a lot easier to walk away from the greater NFL, due to the former, and to even prioritize most things before Steelers football. Now, I watch almost no football outside of the Steelers and, even with them, it is no longer a big deal to miss a game.

My wife, who became a Steelers die-hard after we met, doesn't watch much anymore. The reason is simple, the product the Steelers put on the field, irrespective of whom is to blame, is just not very fun to watch. Even when we win, she finds the majority of games boring and painful to watch, and she isn't wrong.

I get this. Lucky for me, football season corresponds to hunting season, so I have an option to not hunting - hunting being the priority.

Mrs. Fan hardly watches football anymore. She can't stand the same-ol-same-ol. I get it. I can't imagine that I am the only guy who saw through Shades quickly. You could just see this nonsense building. Add the Rooney factor, and the dredge of modern Steelers football was easy to predict.
I love my hunting, and fishing too. But the truth is, in some ways I wish I could say it was the same old same old, or Tomlin that makes Steeler football much less important. Try to make a point! But it really isn't. I just find myself enjoying those things more than sitting inside watching football. As I get older and realize more and more we are just visiting, my show could get cancelled anytime, I'd rather be doing other things.

I love my hunting, and fishing too. But the truth is, in some ways I wish I could say it was the same old same old, or Tomlin that makes Steeler football much less important. Try to make a point! But it really isn't. I just find myself enjoying those things more than sitting inside watching football. As I get older and realize more and more we are just visiting, my show could get cancelled anytime, I'd rather be doing other things.
I wish I could say it's not Tomlin, but the truth is THAT IT IS. Even when we win, it's almost always painful. Getting behind your team coached by an imbecile/fraud is tough.