• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Megyan Kelly

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Anyone keeping up with the Megyn Kelly controversy? I'm not a fan, don't watch her or really know much about her. Saying that, I listened to what she said and I may be missing the outrage, but is it really Roseanne-esque?. I try to look things from both sides and see the gray, but I don't know why she is about to lose her job, even after two apologies. Are we really that sensitive about Halloween and this so-called Blackface, which is really new to me. I didn't know it was a thing or offensive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/n...versy-sources-say/ar-BBOT7UR?ocid=mailsignout

Im offened but irrationally being offended... people need to shut the **** up... you don’t get to impose your personal beliefs on anyone.. period... if someone isn’t belligerently threatening or slandering someone then whatever they say they think is fine...

This is merely what we've seen for so long. Any time and I mean literally anytime a perceived conservative voice says anything remotely resembling racism or Islamaphobia or homophobia or xenophobia, they will and shall be silenced. Destroyed. See Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Condolezza Rice, et al.

Conversely, if you are Liberal, you MAY call for the killing of a sitting President, you may be Jemele Hill, you may be Madonna, and you will be praised for being "woke" and open minded.

This is what we are in "Today" so to speak.

Just watch: https://www.facebook.com/allieCRTV/videos/254680368530839/

Last edited:
Blackface is only funny when libs do it

ted-danson.jpg

--------------------

oh well, NBC has to pay her

'NBC Would Have to Pay Megyn Kelly Entire $69 Million Contract Despite 'Today' Exit'

"Here’s the worst part — her deal is a non-break deal — so she walks away with all that money"

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2018/10/25/nbc-would-pay-megyn-kelly-69-million-contract-today-exit/

I can't stand her but to get fired over that is pretty ridiculous.

She had blood coming out of her...wherever.

i'd plow that field until next July.
that said, if you don't know what racism is, look in the mirror. right?
****, i dont see what she openly asked that is so damning and wrong.

i'd plow that field until next July.
that said, if you don't know what racism is, look in the mirror. right?
****, i dont see what she openly asked that is so damning and wrong.

right, she said, for Halloween, black kids would dress up in whiteface and white kids would dress in blackface and it's OK for Halloween to dress in character. People have lost their **** over that? I'm still at a loss for the outrage. Sometimes, I feel people are pulling a joke on us and we are not in on it.

Yeah, she isn't that much older than I am. I remember as a kid the white kids putting on black face and vice-versa for Halloween. It wasn't a big deal. That's just the way it was back in the 70s and early 80s. Nobody thought anything about it. I don't know when things started changing, but it;s beyond dumb now. I wonder though...is the "outrage" over her saying whites wore black face, or that blacks wore white face (the HORROR)?

I am glad she gets to keep the cash. didn't deserve to be fired. and...…. hit

On my lunch today, I picked up the City Paper. For anyone that don't reside in Pittsburgh, it's a free paper that has music, entertainment and going-ons listings in the Pittsburgh area for the weekend. There are articles and whatnot. About four pages in, there is a Halloween page dedicated to kids events, pumpkin carvings and costume contests. On that page, there is a color pic of three adorable little (black) kids in white face make-up. Maybe they were little zombies, not really sure, but they are adorable, innocent and looked like they enjoying themselves being made-up. Looking at that pic of those cute kids, I still wonder what the uproar and outrage is that caused someone's job a few days earlier.

Meanwhile libs are perfectly fine calling Trump cheetohead or worse. If Kelly is fired for saying black face, they should be fired too.

This is merely what we've seen for so long. Any time and I mean literally anytime a perceived conservative voice says anything remotely resembling racism or Islamaphobia or homophobia or xenophobia, they will and shall be silenced. Destroyed. See Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Condolezza Rice, et al.

Not to mention Bill Maher, using the N word on his show. A short apology, and back to business of trashing the Trump Train.

What's awful about Jimmy Kimmel is he's actually using broken English in his blackface. That's so offensive it's incomprehensible.