• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Member of Congress and Aide shot this morning

He said the shooter appeared to be a white male but added that "I saw him for a second or two." He said the shooter was behind the third base dugout and didn't say anything.
"The gun was a semiautomatic," Brooks said. "It continued to fire at different people. You can imagine, all the people on the field scatter."

an inanimate object shooting at people

white male. lib media just popped a boner.

who has softball practice at 6am on a wed.?

This has to stop. The level of discord between our political parties is what is feuling **** like this. Some have even become unhinged. They have to realize that spreading nonsense every day is only going to lead to more of this. It is time for some honesty and integrity to be restored to our government. Enough is enough.

Congress. Can't have softball interfere with messing with the lives of your constituents.

The gunman pulled the trigger but the MSM handed him the gun.

Reports that shooter asked one of those present if Republicans or Democrats were participating.

Ron DeSantis (Florida rep) said someone had walked up and asked if they were Republicans or Democrats shortly before the shooting started. He said he is not sure if that was the shooter but he did report it

DCR9998XsAAtsKX.jpg

I bet the libs on Twitter arre LOVING that a Republican got shot.

Sounds like he asked if they were republicans or democrats before he started shooting, so looks like he was targeting repubs. Will be interesting to see how this is spun. Likely blame it on Trump.

Congressman Details Hectic Moment Under Fire: ‘We Were Sitting Ducks; Gun Saved Our Lives’

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WWJ) – A Michigan representative who survived a gun attack during a congressional baseball practice Wednesday morning in Virginia is detailing the harrowing moments the gunman opened fire.

Michigan Rep. Mike Bishop tells WWJ Newsradio 950 he was attending the practice around 5:30 a.m., just outside of Alexandria, when shots rang out. He said he and his colleagues were “sitting ducks.”

“As we were standing here this morning, a gunman walked up to the fence line and just began to shoot. I was standing at home plate and he was in the third base line,” Bishop said. “He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”

The shooting went on for roughly 10 minutes, with some accounts putting the number of shots fired around 100. Four people were injured, including two Capitol Hill police officers and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, of Louisiana. The suspect was also shot.

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover.

We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” said Bishop. “He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/06...ive-ok-as-shots-fired-at-members-of-congress/

----------------------

That won't fit the MSM narrative

Last edited:
“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover.

yet 21 says we need more better gun controllers.

yet 21 says we need more better gun controllers.

Current gun control enabled both the perpetrator and victim to have guns. BETTER gun control would prevent the perpetrator from having one in the first place. You can argue against the ability to effectively control guns, but the idea of better gun control is not without merit.

I bet you are LOVING speculating about such things.

There is absolutely no speculation that this gunman sought out and intended to target only Republican lawmakers. And you're daft (well hell...all know you are) if you believe there isn't a cacophony of Liberals right now joyous over this. I keep telling you...and one day you're going to look in the mirror and see it...the Left has become a religious cult, and a dark, disturbing place, wrought with violence.

You will defend this man and justify this targeting, this violence - maybe indirectly without even knowing it -over the next many pages just as you do every radical terrorist. Sit back and watch (yourself).

As Spike shared: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/...s-man-asked-whether-republicans-or-dems-field

Rep. DeSantis: Man Asked Whether Republicans or Dems Were on Field Before Scalise Shooting

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) described a "very strange" encounter with a man shortly before House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot during a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va.

Scalise was shot in the hip and some of his security team members were also reportedly wounded.

DeSantis said by phone that he and another congressman were leaving when a man asked them whether Republican or Democrat members of Congress were on the field.

"I was kind of a little odd," he said.

DeSantis said the man wasn't carrying anything at that time, but then a few minutes later, the shooting started.

The gunman, who opened fire with a rifle, is reportedly in custody.

The members of Congress were holding an early-morning practice for an upcoming congressional baseball game.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said a massacre could have unfolded if police and Scalise's security team were not there.

He said that he "vaguely" saw the gunman from about 75 yards away before the shots started.

Paul said just minutes earlier, he was in the area where the shots were coming from but walked to the batting cage area to hit.

I bet you are LOVING speculating about such things.

And you are LOVING speculating on my speculation. You know exactly what I meant with that, so don't twist my words.

Current gun control enabled both the perpetrator and victim to have guns. BETTER gun control would prevent the perpetrator from having one in the first place. You can argue against the ability to effectively control guns, but the idea of better gun control is not without merit.
no. it would not. how many more ******* laws do we need?

is it illegal to point a gun at someone? yes
is it illegal to shoot someone? yes, unless it's for defensive measures.
is it illegal to kill someone with a gun? yes, unless it's in defense of one's self.

more legislation passed by jackasses in government who couldn't give a good god damn less about the people of this country is not going to change one thing.

that it's morally wrong to shoot and attempt to kill someone based just on difference in political opinion is what you are missing.

is it illegal to drive over the speed limit? can I go 1 mph over the speed limit? how about 2? what about 3? do we have laws pertaining to each individual mph over the speed limit? if not, why? if so, why?

FAR more people in this country are shot by Democrats. Better gun control would be to make it unlawful for Democrats to own guns, black Democrats especially.

And you call out others for speculation?

How can you possibly know at this point in time that the perpetrator would have been denied access to a gun and the victim wouldn't?

There is absolutely no speculation that this gunman sought out and intended to target only Republican lawmakers. And you're daft (well hell...all know you are) if you believe there isn't a cacophony of Liberals right now joyous over this. I keep telling you...and one day you're going to look in the mirror and see it...the Left has become a religious cult, and a dark, disturbing place, wrought with violence.

Oh, STFU. See: Alex Jones - Comet Pizza

And the left has become a religious cult and a dark, disturbing place, wrought with violence?

FAR more people in this country are shot by Democrats. Better gun control would be to make it unlawful for Democrats to own guns, black Democrats especially.

You really think they know the difference between the two parties and are registered to vote?

1. Compare and contrast "Better" vs "More"
2. Go back and read what I wrote
3. Start over with your reply.

eat my ***
with a spoon

my points are solid. yours are weak and feeble.