• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Member of Congress and Aide shot this morning

I'm sure Elfpig is.
Tibs, nah. I've been on this board for too long to think that of him.

Tibs, nah. I've been on this board for too long to think that of him.
Violence is never the answer, to anything. Relieved to hear the victims will recover and that the perpretrator was shot dead. This cold-blooded attack could have been much worse given the rounds the guy was able to fire off. There are lunatics on the fringes, left, right, religious fanatics, all of 'em cut from the same cloth. They all feed off the same crap: hatred, vitriol and scapegoating.

Violence is never the answer, to anything. Relieved to hear the victims will recover and that the perpretrator was shot dead. This cold-blooded attack could have been much worse given the rounds the guy was able to fire off. There are lunatics on the fringes, left, right, religious fanatics, all of 'em cut from the same cloth. They all feed off the same crap: hatred, vitriol and scapegoating.

This guy wasn't fringe. He was a mainstream leftist, who fit right in with rhetoric from the fake news MSM. His facebook page was that of a typical democrat.

19106042_10213294746863895_4660302467692468678_n.jpg
Baseless speculation that this was happening.

This guy wasn't fringe. He was a mainstream leftist, who fit right in with rhetoric from the fake news MSM. His facebook page was that of a typical democrat.

Was this guy unbalanced? I would say yes. Was he on the fringe, absolutely not and that is the problem. Normally sane people are so blinded by irrational hate fed by a complicit and instigative media that this was inevitable. I have friends just losing their minds over Trump to the point they abandoned all rational thought. It would have been much the same no matter who beat Hillary. By no means do I think the right has all the answers but the left has nothing right now other than hate and loathing.

Some friends are OBSESSED with Trump. I don't mean in a good way, but to the point that every damn post is about him. When he *****, grabbed his balls, about his Tweets, what he ate, something he has said, done or will do. It's exhausting and they are now hidden so I never see what they are posting again. I don't know how they find the time to loathe on someone this much. I get it, the guy is an oaf, but damn, people need to chill.

Some friends are OBSESSED with Trump. I don't mean in a good way, but to the point that every damn post is about him. When he *****, grabbed his balls, about his Tweets, what he ate, something he has said, done or will do. It's exhausting and they are now hidden so I never see what they are posting again. I don't know how they find the time to loathe on someone this much. I get it, the guy is an oaf, but damn, people need to chill.

You're right about obsessed. But it's kind of funny because yesterday was Trump's birthday and I didn't hear any of the news guys wishing him happy birthday.

It would have been much the same no matter who beat Hillary.
I think you - and many others here - are point blank wrong making this assumption. The current backlash - at least from my end - is very specific to Trump himself, not some hypothetical Republican that happened to beat Hillary.

You're right about obsessed. But it's kind of funny because yesterday was Trump's birthday and I didn't hear any of the news guys wishing him happy birthday.

me either. That's the MSM media for you which I'm not surprised, at all.

I think you - and many others here - are point blank wrong making this assumption. The current backlash - at least from my end - is very specific to Trump himself, not some hypothetical Republican that happened to beat Hillary.

not to pile on, but not only do those friends despise Trump, but anything that has to do with the GOP, Conservs, Republicans, etc. Trump is 1a and everything else is 1b. "How could this possibly happen! I'm living a nightmare!" That was my fav post.
Go on MSN and read some of the banter in the comment sections on there. You get a good pulse where some people are.

not to pile on, but not only do those friends despise Trump, but anything that has to do with the GOP, Conservs, Republicans, etc. Trump is 1a and everything else is 1b. "How could this possibly happen! I'm living a nightmare!" That was my fav post. Go on MSN and read some of the banter in the comment sections on there. You get a good pulse where some people are.
thesteelcity there are raging lunatics on both ends of the political spectrum, there's no doubt about it. I'd argue the so called alt-right is as batshit crazy as anything happening on the far left. It may not seem that way on this board, as that is the prevelant POV here.

You haven't been paying much attention have you?

This sort of thing has been going on since the Reagan era. It's been steadily ratcheting up in intensity since that time as well.

Do you remember how the mainstream media fond over John McCain during the primaries, then turned on him like a pack of rabid dogs during the general election campaign?

Flush out your headgear man.

I disagree. Whoever the republican was, would be vilified. I mean, it is not like we don't have experience seeing this live and in person....

You haven't been paying much attention have you? This sort of thing has been going on since the Reagan era. It's been steadily ratcheting up in intensity since that time as well. Do you remember how the mainstream media fond over John McCain during the primaries, then turned on him like a pack of rabid dogs during the general election campaign? Flush out your headgear man.
Yet another example of the type of blinders you guys have on. Let me grab a cold brewskie, sit back for a sec and let you explain to me how you've all been so magnanimous during the eight years of the Obama presidency.

Yet another example of the type of blinders you guys have on. Let me grab a cold brewskie, sit back for a sec and let you explain to me how you've all been so magnanimous during the eight years of the Obama presidency.

does that make it right?
i've asked repeatedly when this **** was going to stop.

one side attacks the other
relentlessly

Reactions: wig
Relieved to hear the victims will recover and that the perpretrator was shot dead.

Is Scalise going to recover? His situation was dire last night, going into a 3rd surgery, losing lots of blood. Haven't been able to tune in today to see if he's out of critical.

Tibs, you're famous for labeling everyone here that doesn't agree with you as AltRight. I'm comfortable with saying there isn't a person here who fits that bill. There isn't a person here that would grab a gun and go attempt to assassinate a Democratic politician. You're trying to argue equivalency, even if indirectly. You're trying to ignore the problem the MSM media is creating. You KNOW (but won't admit) that the media is feeding these lunatics. Hell just look at the guy from HuffPo that Supe posted about. He's imploring his readers to violence. HuffPo is a pretty mainstream Liberal outlet.

What mainstream Conservative outlet is urging its supporters to violently attack the opposition? What Conservatives are attempting assassinations? When was the last time a Conservative attempted to do so?

Yet as I posted earlier, off the top of my head in the past couple of months, we have seen:
- Schools staging fake Trump assassinations
- Snoop Dogg doing the same in a music video
- Kathy holding up a severed Trump head that his son saw
- Madonna stating she's thought about blowing up the White House
- HuffPo writers advocating violence against political opponents
- NUMEROUS Liberal sites encouraging supporters to attack any/all Conservative representatives in public - at dinner, at meetings, leaving work
- Cal Berkeley - multiple times, and the riots
- BLM assassinating police officers
- BLM riots blocking traffic, attacking opponents
- The riots in DC after the election where 200+ felonies were issued
- Ferguson, Baltimore
- Soros-hired mercenaries paid to go to Trump rallies and attack Conservatives
- Further to Cal Berkeley, riots in general at campuses across our country

This is just from memory.

Did Conservatives riot after either of Obama's elections and destroy property and physically assault Liberals? Are we taking up arms against our political opponents? Are we hiring mercenaries to go to Hillary events? Bernie events?

To be fair, I can remember a Conservative, pro-lifer went after an abortion clinic. Reprehensible.

But beyond that what do you have to point to the "violent Right?" Where is this equivalency you're attempting to argue - "that we are all equally bad" - so you can turn your eye to what's been developing over the past decade - this vitriol by the Left towards the Right that's now fomented itself into political assassination attempts?

If you were truly objective and honest you would say (because I know you see it), the preaching from the MSM pulpit of Leftism is fomenting violence we've been seeing on an ever-increasing scale over the past decade, most notably over the past year. It's real Tibs. It's not imaginary. And your equivalency arguments that we are all "equally bad" simply fail.

thesteelcity there are raging lunatics on both ends of the political spectrum, there's no doubt about it. I'd argue the so called alt-right is as batshit crazy as anything happening on the far left. It may not seem that way on this board, as that is the prevelant POV here.

I do not deny this, as both sides are freakin' nuts and continue to fling **** at each other. Some are a lot worse than others. There has to be a happy medium somewhere and I don't see it. It's tiring, actually.

Tibs, you're famous for labeling everyone here that doesn't agree with you as AltRight. I'm comfortable with saying there isn't a person here who fits that bill. There isn't a person here that would grab a gun and go attempt to assassinate a Democratic politician. You're trying to argue equivalency, even if indirectly. You're trying to ignore the problem the MSM media is creating. You KNOW (but won't admit) that the media is feeding these lunatics. Hell just look at the guy from HuffPo that Supe posted about. He's imploring his readers to violence. HuffPo is a pretty mainstream Liberal outlet.

What mainstream Conservative outlet is urging its supporters to violently attack the opposition? What Conservatives are attempting assassinations? When was the last time a Conservative attempted to do so?

Yet as I posted earlier, off the top of my head in the past couple of months, we have seen:
- Schools staging fake Trump assassinations
- Snoop Dogg doing the same in a music video
- Kathy holding up a severed Trump head that his son saw
- Madonna stating she's thought about blowing up the White House
- HuffPo writers advocating violence against political opponents
- NUMEROUS Liberal sites encouraging supporters to attack any/all Conservative representatives in public - at dinner, at meetings, leaving work
- Cal Berkeley - multiple times, and the riots
- BLM assassinating police officers
- BLM riots blocking traffic, attacking opponents
- The riots in DC after the election where 200+ felonies were issued
- Ferguson, Baltimore
- Soros-hired mercenaries paid to go to Trump rallies and attack Conservatives
- Further to Cal Berkeley, riots in general at campuses across our country

This is just from memory.

Did Conservatives riot after either of Obama's elections and destroy property and physically assault Liberals? Are we taking up arms against our political opponents? Are we hiring mercenaries to go to Hillary events? Bernie events?

To be fair, I can remember a Conservative, pro-lifer went after an abortion clinic. Reprehensible.

But beyond that what do you have to point to the "violent Right?" Where is this equivalency you're attempting to argue - "that we are all equally bad" - so you can turn your eye to what's been developing over the past decade - this vitriol by the Left towards the Right that's now fomented itself into political assassination attempts?

If you were truly objective and honest you would say (because I know you see it), the preaching from the MSM pulpit of Leftism is fomenting violence we've been seeing on an ever-increasing scale over the past decade, most notably over the past year. It's real Tibs. It's not imaginary. And your equivalency arguments that we are all "equally bad" simply fail.

This is a nice summary and example of the low IQ left. Their low IQ prevents them from reacting to Trump's win rationally and with common sense. Instead of realizing that they need a direct and coherent platform and policies with vision, they instead make excuses (Russia) and become totally unhinged. The problem really boils down to the fact that the left is simply too dumb to deal with reality. Their actions, rhetoric and what they value are all proof.

Tim's reply pretty much nails it. He said everything I wanted to say. I believe I always kept my criticism of Obama to substantive issues.

- Schools staging fake Trump assassinations - Snoop Dogg doing the same in a music video - Kathy holding up a severed Trump head that his son saw - Madonna stating she's thought about blowing up the White House - HuffPo writers advocating violence against political opponents - NUMEROUS Liberal sites encouraging supporters to attack any/all Conservative representatives in public - at dinner, at meetings, leaving work - Cal Berkeley - multiple times, and the riots - BLM assassinating police officers - BLM riots blocking traffic, attacking opponents - The riots in DC after the election where 200+ felonies were issued - Ferguson, Baltimore - Soros-hired mercenaries paid to go to Trump rallies and attack Conservatives - Further to Cal Berkeley, riots in general at campuses across our country
Look, one crazy dude went nuts and went on a shooting spree. How many times does that happen in the US? Sadly, all the time. This one happened to be politically motivated. The majority of your list is innuendo, suggestions and the like. To claim that progressives and liberals in general are accepting, advocating or carrying out violence is a huge misnomer, and I think you know that. Pause for a moment to review the slew of posts on this very board of 'taking the fight' to the libs and the like. If it makes you feel better that you perceive those opposing Trump - en masse - are prone to violence, be my guest. Don't make me post hundreds - if not thousands - of calls for violence on far right sites. Not sure even the new bandwith can handle that type of content. No surprise that some of you are running with this story and using it to paint with a very wide brush. It fits your M.O., no doubt.

The high horse you guys ride around on is something else. Really.

This was a 2 minute cursory search on the subject...

- Donald Trump supporter threatens to assassinate Hillary Clinton if she wins
- Hillary Clinton Assassination Threats That Prove Just How Ugly This Race Has Become
- Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton
- Ted Nugent’s repeated calls for Obama’s death didn’t stop Trump from hosting him at the White House
- Here’s Evidence Steve Bannon Joined a Facebook Group That Posts Racist Rants and Obama Death Threats
- Man sentenced for posting online threat against Obama
- Former N.J. man accused of death threat against President Obama on Facebook

Look, one crazy dude went nuts and went on a shooting spree. How many times does that happen in the US? Sadly, all the time. This one happened to be politically motivated. The majority of your list is innuendo, suggestions and the like. To claim that progressives and liberals in general are accepting, advocating or carrying out violence is a huge misnomer, and I think you know that. Pause for a moment to review the slew of posts on this very board of 'taking the fight' to the libs and the like. If it makes you feel better that you perceive those opposing Trump - en masse - are prone to violence, be my guest. Don't make me post hundreds - if not thousands - of calls for violence on far right sites. Not sure even the new bandwith can handle that type of content. No surprise that some of you are running with this story and using it to paint with a very wide brush. It fits your M.O., no doubt.

Aaaannnd....Tibs still argues equivalency...as predicted.

The list I mentioned is factual. Disprove one. All of those events happened.

Liberals are KILLING their political opponents Tibs. And the Bernie supporter yesterday wasn't the first.

How many cops have BLM or BLM-inspired followers killed in the past year?

Do you think when Madonna preaches violence to tens of thousands of women followers and it is televised, it has no effect? Do you think when schools stage fake Trump assassinations, it has no effect on students? Do you think readers of HuffPo don't heed these calls to violence? Do you think when Shakespeare in the Park stages Trump being assassinated, it doesn't say "this is ok" to viewers?

Your Liberal media is preaching violence to its cult followers. Your Liberal followers are carrying out these attacks. And you don't care. You won't denounce it. You deny this incessant preaching of violence has any effect...because it's your side.

Keep living in denial.

Last edited:
i see.

so these threats are the same equivalence to actions that have been carried out repeatedly.