• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Vick can not lead this team...

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Vick is here. It is what it is. I need him to not turnover the ball, not compete with Bell for rushing yards and well just manage the ******* game.

Hopefully our Oline wont get him murdered. Ive said for some time that manning and Brady would be out of the league already if they had to work behind our guys.

I need for Tomlin to get him motivated and have him showing up looking game ready and prepared.

I think he's serviceable and is fully capable of maintaining **** while Ben is out.

Wtf else is there? Vince Young? I mean ffs.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I kid, I kid.

My wife is the President of the (unofficial) Case Keenum Fan Club.
Im very partial to Keenum and Sumlin. I sat in those stands when you couldnt give tix away. I was glad to see Case get a shot at the very least. Loving Sumlin @ college station.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
O'Brien, the Quarterback Whisperer, didn't give Keenum a fair shot.

So far, OB is showing he's not so astute when it comes to judging QB talent, or developing it.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
why not let the two compete and give the one who finishes the most drives in practice the nod for Thursday ?

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I agree.

The one thing I like about Jones is that, with decent protection, he can fling the ball around.

Not so confident the Vickster can.

When I heard on ESPN a little while ago that, of the NFL QB's who threw 100 passes last season, Vick was the worst. That's when I got on the LJB. (Landry Jones Bandwagon)

I just have a feeling the backup QB situation is going to dog the team until BR returns. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Last edited:

oicu8ad

Reaction score
I absolutely HATE that Vick will be QBing my beloved Steelers. I'd rather roll with Landry, than root for Vick. It is extremely hard to root for the guy. Oh well, it is what it is, as ****** as it is.

skialta

Reaction score
What second string quarterback is leading any team?
what a bullshit topic

Steelz

Reaction score
Vick can do it, he just needs to get up to game speed again. He's proven he can win games and play at a high level, something Landry hasn't. I actually look forward to this game and have confidence he can get it done. Glad he's a Steeler and we got him when we did.

skialta

Reaction score
Vick can do it, he just needs to get up to game speed again. He's proven he can win games and play at a high level, something Landry hasn't. I actually look forward to this game and have confidence he can get it done. Glad he's a Steeler and we got him when we did.

:goodluck:

win games and play at a high level...YEARRRRRS ago. he's our quarterback and i'll root for him just like i rooted for all of the bum *** quarterbacks we've had since i've been alive.
but he hasn't won **** at any level

Spike

Reaction score
Their defense is beatable - if Suggs was still in there, then yeah, I'd be picking up the Ravens defense against Vick....but now I'm not so sure

They look weak and depleted. Vick needs to just to run the ball and get a dozen bubble screens to AB and he'll get 5 for 100, easy

Stop the Flacco lob balls and they have nothing.

KISS

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Speaking of bum assed qb's I believe Vicks comp% and qb rating isn't much better than kordell's, the only thing that ever made vick special was his speed, that's gone, he's never been able to read a defense or get through his progressions. We need the run game and D to step up big time

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

Vick hasn't shown **** in a few years. Othe than the ability to turn the ball over

Ward4HOF

Reaction score
Hard to get excited about Vick. I didn't even care for him in his prime and now he's way too sloppy. The Steelers are not in good shape at QB

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Don't worry, with beer goggles on, Vick will look just like Ben... and by beer goggles I mean in our drunken dreams as we are all passed out in a gutter somewhere after the first bad fumble...lol

mdk2

Reaction score
We signed the mediocre Gradkowski because of a career QUARTER against us., Tomlin has been a ball licker of Vick's for years and wanted to sign him in 2009 before the Rooneys stepped in and shut him down. Great thinking wanting to bring in a convicted felon thug to pair with at the time an immature Ben who was a year away from his 4 game suspension. Tells you all you need to know about Tomlin's flawed thinking. Tomlin being a fan boy of Vick's is clouding his judgement and the next 5 games will be a horrible result of his failed judgement.

Sooo.. you want to see Landry Jones?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
One thing Vick can still do is throw the deep ball. With a flick of the wrist he can throw it 60 yards in the air. I'd run, run, run with Bell, Williams and Vick and once the CBs and safeties come up go over the top of them because AB, DHB, and Coates can run.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Hard to get excited about Vick. I didn't even care for him in his prime and now he's way too sloppy. The Steelers are not in good shape at QB

Which teams with their franchise QBs shelved are in good shape..name one ...just a single one

Fuzzy Dunlop

Reaction score
This thread makes me LOL. If Mike Vick can be successful is one thing. People wishing for him to fail for morality reasons? Are we really going to pretend that Ben is a choir boy? Really?