• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Vick can not lead this team...

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread makes me LOL. If Mike Vick can be successful is one thing. People wishing for him to fail for morality reasons? Are we really going to pretend that Ben is a choir boy? Really?

I'm giving you karma just for your name, I don't care who you are.
The Wire was a great show

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
:goodluck:

win games and play at a high level...YEARRRRRS ago. he's our quarterback and i'll root for him just like i rooted for all of the bum *** quarterbacks we've had since i've been alive.
but he hasn't won **** at any level

Could be worse. At least he's not Tomzack

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
One thing Vick can still do is throw the deep ball. With a flick of the wrist he can throw it 60 yards in the air. I'd run, run, run with Bell, Williams and Vick and once the CBs and safeties come up go over the top of them because AB, DHB, and Coates can run.

Hell yeah! Can we say five wide! *******

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Like you repeatedly bitching about Ben being the biggest red zone problem the last 12 years, that is dumb bitching at its best, perfectly describes you.

Not even remotely the same

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Point deduction for having the exclamation point in the wrong place. It should come after "*******." If you're going to use a trademarked expression, get it right dammit. You people drive me nuts.

Cut me some slack. I had a few beers last night. Post looked decent enough at the time

madtacker

Reaction score
What? The pats**** scored with 9:20 left in the game to make it 28-14. At no time was Ben on the field with 7 minutes left within 7 points of the pats****.

My bad. I was a few deep by that point. We cut it to seven, and had two good drives. Brady puts it back up 14 . With roughly 8 or 9 min left.

We hold them to a three and out in under one minute & and have the ball back . Ben hits Wheaton for twenty and we are on new England's side of the field with seven and a half minutes.
Is that garbage desperation and time to just throw it up for grabs? I was off by two minutes but my point is if they drive down and score its a one score game with time left.

It was a stupid decision then. It was a stupid decision Sunday in St Louis with the ball on their side of the field and a team that was about to be morally defeated had Ben protected the ball and scored on that drive.

Last year vs the jets. On the jets 40 yard line . Second half getting momentum back he threw another bone headed pass and kills any momentum they had.
He is the eleven yr veteran Qb making 100 million dollars and the leader of this team.

Scoring 9 points with those weapons in today's NFL. Did anyone see the points Rogers & Brady put up this week.

Green bay put up 14 first quarter points before Kc even knew what happened.

That's how you defeat a team early and give them zero hope.

If he expects his name to be mentioned with the greats of the game and if he is ever going towed this team to another super bowl.

He'll even a layoff win which we haven't seen in a looong time. He has to get better at mental errors.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Point deduction for having the exclamation point in the wrong place. It should come after "*******." If you're going to use a trademarked expression, get it right dammit. You people drive me nuts.

There needs to be a "Sticky" or pinned post about using the infamous SN Formation trademark declaration....for folks to refer to. If they don't get it right, they should be banned for week.........If they are gonna use, USE IT RIGHT or risk the consequences.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
O'Brien, the Quarterback Whisperer, didn't give Keenum a fair shot.

So far, OB is showing he's not so astute when it comes to judging QB talent, or developing it.

O'Brien is quite proficient at lying to college kids and recruits, though.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
for the record they are clueless in this article. 2010 with the eagles he had 11 fumbles, 2011 he had 10 fumbles, 2012 he had 11 fumbles . in those years he played 10, 12 and 13 games. absolute joke of a article

Vick has fumbled 97 times over the course of his career, with 112 starts (.866 fumbles per start). In his years with the Eagles and Jets, he fumbled 41 times with 45 starts (.911). So, when you look at the numbers, there really hasn't been some huge increase or something late in his career, as some here have purported.

For comparison's sake, Ben has fumbled 78 times in 161 starts (.484). So, if Vick starts 4 games, we can expect him to fumble 3 or 4 times. Ben's expectations would be fumbling twice. Teams recover their own fumbles about 48% of the time, so we're looking at maybe 1 extra fumble lost over the next quarter of the season with Vick under center.

Oh, the horror.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly it's hard to find a college head coach that doesn't fit that description.

Indeed, but as a Penn State alumnus, it was especially difficult to watch the **** that BOB pulled on that vulnerable program.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Indeed, but as a Penn State alumnus, it was especially difficult to watch the **** that BOB pulled on that vulnerable program.
After watching him and Vrable on Hard Knocks, there is no need to tell me where they were groomed. The Texans will just never have the ability to cheat like the Pats did.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Top ten Vick games. Here's hoping he can resurrect some of this magic for us til Ben gets back

10. Virginia Tech 58, Rutgers 20

Oct. 9, 1999: In his fourth collegiate game, Vick was nearly perfect in one half of action as the Hokies ruined homecoming for the Scarlet Knights. He threw a 74-yard scoring strike on the first play from scrimmage and went 11-of-12 passing for 248 yards and four touchdowns. He also rumbled for 68 rushing yards on eight carries, including a 22-yard touchdown. Vick's only incompletion would have been a 36-yard touchdown, but officials ruled wideout Ricky Hall out of bounds. Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer mercifully pulled Vick from the game at halftime with the Hokies leading 49-14.

9. Chargers 33, Eagles 30

Sept. 15, 2013: In the second game of the Chip Kelly era in Philadelphia, Vick completed 23 of 36 passes for a career-high 428 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. He also rushed for 34 yards and a touchdown on five carries. Unfortunately for Vick, the Eagles' defense struggled mightily to get off the field. The visiting Chargers possessed the ball for more than 40 minutes and ran 21 more offensive plays than Philadelphia.

Michael Vick racked up a career-high 428 passing yards against the Chargers in 2013, but the Eagles lost on a field goal in the final seconds. Drew Hallowell/Philadelphia Eagles/Getty Images
8. Eagles 34, Cowboys 7

Oct. 30, 2011: Vick and running back LeSean McCoy punished the visiting Cowboys, as the Eagles held the ball for more than 42 minutes, scored on their first six possessions and compiled 495 yards. Vick completed 21 of 28 passes for 279 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran for 50 yards to complement McCoy, who rushed for 185 yards and two touchdowns.

7. Falcons 41, Broncos 28

Oct. 31, 2004: Vick picked apart the Broncos, completing 18 of 24 passes for 252 yards and two touchdowns without an interception. When Vick wasn't taking to the air, he was dashing for a game-high 115 yards on 12 carries. Jake Plummer threw for 499 yards and four touchdowns -- offset by three costly interceptions -- as the Broncos unsuccessfully tried to rally against the visiting Falcons.

6. Falcons 41, Panthers 0

Nov. 24, 2002: Vick dissected the Carolina defense on 19-of-24 passing for 272 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, embarrassing the Panthers in front of their home crowd. He established a career best in games with at least 10 pass attempts by completing 79.2 percent of his throws. The Falcons outscored Carolina 71-0 in winning both matchups against their division rivals that season.

Vick enjoyed his largest margin of victory as an NFL starter against the Panthers in 2002. Craig Jones/Getty Images
5. Falcons 47, Rams 17

Jan. 15, 2005: Vick was precise in guiding Atlanta to an easy divisional playoff win over the visiting Rams. He connected on 12 of 16 passes for 82 yards and two touchdowns without an interception. He also rushed for 119 yards on eight carries. The numbers don't tell the entire story, though, as Vick drew defensive attention that opened lanes for running backs Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett.

4. Eagles 38, Giants 31

Dec. 19, 2010: Vick and the Eagles engineered a comeback for the ages on the road, rallying from a 21-point deficit in the fourth quarter to win when DeSean Jackson returned a punt 65 yards for a touchdown as time expired. The Giants dominated the first half, as Vick completed just six passes for 33 yards with an interception. Vick's final stat line: 21-of-35 passing for 242 yards and three touchdowns and a game-high 130 yards rushing and a touchdown on 10 carries.

3. Sugar Bowl: Florida State 46, Virginia Tech 29

Jan. 4, 2000: Vick piloted Virginia Tech to 503 total yards and did pretty much everything except play defense in the national championship game. Unfortunately for the Hokies, they might have needed him to do just that. The redshirt freshman phenom put on a dazzling display of athleticism with the nation watching, rushing for 97 yards and passing for 225 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions. "There ain't a darn thing you can do about this guy," Seminoles coach Bobby Bowden said. "You put four or five guys on him and he runs 50 yards. ... I knew he was good. I didn't know he was this darn good." Virginia Tech took a one-point lead late in the third quarter, but Florida State had too much firepower. Peter Warrick scored 20 points to earn most outstanding player honors, and Chris Weinke passed for 329 yards and four touchdowns.

Vick dazzled the nation in the 2000 Sugar Bowl weeks after placing third in Heisman Trophy balloting. Brian Bahr/Getty Images
2. Falcons 27, Packers 7

Jan. 4, 2003: Vick didn't put up dazzling statistics in his first career playoff game, but he did make NFL history by leading the Falcons to their first playoff victory by a visiting team at Lambeau Field. By connecting on 13 of 25 passes for 117 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions, Vick outdueled Brett Favre, who threw for 247 yards but committed four turnovers. Vick also salvaged positive yards on a number of broken plays, rushing for 64 yards on 10 attempts.

1. Eagles 59, Redskins 28

Nov. 15, 2010: Vick was a force of nature in his signature game, accounting for 413 yards and six touchdowns while the visiting Eagles routed Washington. He completed his first 10 passes, ultimately connecting on 20 of 28 attempts for 333 yards and four touchdowns without an interception. Vick also rushed for 80 yards and two touchdowns on just eight carries. Earlier in the day, Washington signed Donovan McNabb -- deemed expendable by Philadelphia months earlier -- to a five-year pact with $40 million guaranteed despite the fact coach Mike Shanahan benched the quarterback in the team's previous game. McNabb threw for 295 yards and two touchdowns but was responsible for three interceptions. "I've had some great games in my day," Vick said afterward. "But I don't think I've had one quite like this one."

ark steel

Reaction score
This thread makes me LOL. If Mike Vick can be successful is one thing. People wishing for him to fail for morality reasons? Are we really going to pretend that Ben is a choir boy? Really?

You are ******* stupid.

Reactions: GMC
T

TAS

Vick has fumbled 97 times over the course of his career, with 112 starts (.866 fumbles per start). In his years with the Eagles and Jets, he fumbled 41 times with 45 starts (.911). So, when you look at the numbers, there really hasn't been some huge increase or something late in his career, as some here have purported.

For comparison's sake, Ben has fumbled 78 times in 161 starts (.484). So, if Vick starts 4 games, we can expect him to fumble 3 or 4 times. Ben's expectations would be fumbling twice. Teams recover their own fumbles about 48% of the time, so we're looking at maybe 1 extra fumble lost over the next quarter of the season with Vick under center.

Oh, the horror.
So if he fumbled twice in limited touches coming off the bench ... we are ahead of the curve going forward?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I love looking at some of my later in the evening posts.... Good stuff

Lol. Especially after game days. Some of my older posts have some crazy misspellings. Hey, alcohol and Steelers is a good combo! ;)

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
There needs to be a "Sticky" or pinned post about using the infamous SN Formation trademark declaration....for folks to refer to. If they don't get it right, they should be banned for week.........If they are gonna use, USE IT RIGHT or risk the consequences.

Can we still use it to refer to the five wide *******?
You know, the five plus size women with the purdy faces

T

TAS

Lol. Especially after game days. Some of my older posts have some crazy misspellings. Hey, alcohol and Steelers is a good combo! ;)
The only time I drink before 6pm ... Sunday or game day and if we lose its going to get ugly

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The only time I drink before 6pm ... Sunday or game day and if we lose its going to get ugly

Yes! Same. When Ben went down last Sunday. I went through two brews in a matter of minutes. The Steelers and Pens drive me to drink sometimes. Somedays a loss doesn't bother me. Some days my sports teams are my identity. And when they lose, you lose with them

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Another reason Jones should be starting, not Vick: He fits their style on offense more.

Vick's game requires such major adjustments - and in so short a time - that his playing could be a disaster waiting to happen.

paperclip

Reaction score
Ravens game, then Bryant comes back. Vick will have another option.