• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Micheal Irvin saga.

Steelmann

Reaction score

This is what Irwin compares his situation to. It makes me sick. I hope the whole truth in this comes out very,very publicly. Innocent or guilty.
What a thing to say.

“back to a time where a white woman would accuse a black man of something, and they would take a bunch of guys that were above the law, run in a barn, put a rope around his foot and drag him through the mud and hang him by a tree."

This is what Irwin compares his situation to. It makes me sick. I hope the whole truth in this comes out very,very publicly. Innocent or guilty.
What a thing to say.

“back to a time where a white woman would accuse a black man of something, and they would take a bunch of guys that were above the law, run in a barn, put a rope around his foot and drag him through the mud and hang him by a tree."
Lol. Dude is such a clown

Ok but read exactly what she said he did… basically drunkenly hit on her and touched her ARM without consent…. If that is all he did that lady should be utterly embarrassed for being that sensitive… I’m sorry… save sexual harassment for real sexual harassment… this was nothing at all

Ok but read exactly what she said he did… basically drunkenly hit on her and touched her ARM without consent…. If that is all he did that lady should be utterly embarrassed for being that sensitive… I’m sorry… save sexual harassment for real sexual harassment… this was nothing at all
Now everything is sexual harassment

But why make a stupid remark that he said.

Yeah it’s he said, she said. But still leave the race baiting comments out of it.

But why make a stupid remark that he said.

Yeah it’s he said, she said. But still leave the race baiting comments out of it.
Exactly. That’s why I said hopefully the truth will come out.
But comparing this to a slave being dragged through mud then hung up,is just ******* unbelievable. There are a lot of idiotic statements on the Internet. This one is right up there.
How anyone could ever even take this ******* clown seriously again....well I just don’t know.

That wasn’t my point whatsoever.

I touched a luxury S10 in an impure manner.

Are you sure that wasn’t confused with after YOU were dropped off at Coolie’s ?

You were a little “swayee” at the time………….

Salute the nation

As for the Michael Irving story, he is confused and has been for a long time. His big mouth might finally have gotten him in deeper than it can dig himself out.

Salute the nation

First let me say, I'm not a Michael Irvin fan.
That said, his reference was not a reference to how slaves were treated. It was an almost direct reference to the case of Emmet Till.
Folks define things based upon their experience. Your culture and race can have an impact on your experience. I'd venture to say that most Black men know about the lynching of Emmet Till for allegedly touching a White woman on the arm and/or wolf whistling at her.
So, in my mind, it's not "race baiting". It's describing his situation (in his mind) in a manner that he understands.

Last edited:
I told you guys about Mike "Crackie" Irvin back in December(Raiders game). This guy passes himself off as a born again Christian and hangs out with TV preacher/grifter T.D. Jakes, but i could have sworn he was F'd up during that broadcast. Turns out there is about a 100% chance he was.
Screenshot-2023-03-11-21-02-38.png

I told you guys about Mike "Crackie" Irvin back in December(Raiders game). This guy passes himself off as a born again Christian and hangs out with TV preacher/grifter T.D. Jakes, but i could have sworn he was F'd up during that broadcast. Turns out there is about a 100% chance he was.
Screenshot-2023-03-11-21-02-38.png
Crack is wack

He was a cokehead. Did he change his ways? Doubtful.

First let me say, I'm not a Michael Irvin fan.
That said, his reference was not a reference to how slaves were treated. It was an almost direct reference to the case of Emmet Till.
Folks define things based upon their experience. Your culture and race can have an impact on your experience. I'd venture to say that most Black men know about the lynching of Emmet Till for allegedly touching a White woman on the arm and/or wolf whistling at her.
So, in my mind, it's not "race baiting". It's describing his situation (in his mind) in a manner that he understands.
I’ll give benefit of the doubt. Let the legal system play it out here. I get what you’re saying, but in today’s social climate, it’s easy to draw that to race baiting.

I’m not saying entirely it is. I’m hispanic/japanese myself and have made remarks, inside jokes etc that only some will understand.

This is the case here.

**** Irvin, he's an *******. Whatever got him off tv was a blessing.

Several times I have changed the channel after watching a pre or post game show and then forgot why I changed the channel. After flipping back, Michael Irvin reminded me why.

That lady sounds like a real PITA. The type that it was a guy she liked she’d flirt it out… but he’s not her type so all of a sudden she feels sexually harassed… WTF

Lady sounds like she’s looking for a money grab

I’ll give benefit of the doubt. Let the legal system play it out here. I get what you’re saying, but in today’s social climate, it’s easy to draw that to race baiting.

I’m not saying entirely it is. I’m hispanic/japanese myself and have made remarks, inside jokes etc that only some will understand.

This is the case here.
Note: I didn't say he was innocent. I'm all for letting the legal system run its course.
Just noting that I knew exactly what he was referencing when I read the quote. I'm sure many Black men. if not a majority would have also. But, attempting to liken your situation to that of another doesn't make it so.
As far as race baiting goes, some folks will see it wherever and whenever it suits them. It's often times the same folks who are clamoring for the good old days when folks could say what they want without others getting their panties in a bunch. Ironic then that they are offended enough to complain when someone says something they don't like.

That lady sounds like a real PITA. The type that it was a guy she liked she’d flirt it out… but he’s not her type so all of a sudden she feels sexually harassed… WTF

Lady sounds like she’s looking for a money grab
It’s definitely he said she said