• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Micheal Irvin saga.

I don't think they're separate. As Buckeye stated, some of us (black men) fully understand 'why' Michael Irvin made the statement. I, too, am not saying he's innocent; but, I've been in his shoes personally.

I have heard stories from my relatives and old friends, who have witnessed this same type of activity back in the 50's and 60's.

There are plenty of books/movies that can provide more reference(s).
I actually think he might be innocent of sexual harassment, but maybe I'm old school and think he is just a regular douchebag. People got to adapt to the new rules.

Also I think she is a money grabber

I actually think he might be innocent of sexual harassment, but maybe I'm old school and think he is just a regular douchebag. People got to adapt to the new rules.

Also I think she is a money grabber

I’m going to wait and see, but that doesn’t mean the truth will be known. Settlements and I highly doubt it will make it to full blown JURY court. I don’t think either one have enough grounds, but then like you say, it’s a new set of rules that rule.

ALSO: I could care less of the skin color on anyone !!!!

Salute the nation

Irvin and his lawyers released the video and without audio its hard to say what happened. Irvin did touch her arm a couple times, but was not over bearingly physical. She seemed a little uncomfortable stepping back and placing her arms behind her back. They did shake hands at the end which may have been her way of diffusing things without escalating the situation. Irvin went from saying he didn't talk to her to not remembering talking to her or what he said. He could have said nasty things to her which i would consider sexual harassment, but not sexual assault. He has a 100M dollar lawsuit against the hotel so it will be interesting to see how things play out

Irvin and his lawyers released the video and without audio its hard to say what happened. Irvin did touch her arm a couple times, but was not over bearingly physical. She seemed a little uncomfortable stepping back and placing her arms behind her back. They did shake hands at the end which may have been her way of diffusing things without escalating the situation. Irvin went from saying he didn't talk to her to not remembering talking to her or what he said. He could have said nasty things to her which i would consider sexual harassment, but not sexual assault. He has a 100M dollar lawsuit against the hotel so it will be interesting to see how things play out
It’s bs. It’s bs he is suing the hotel, if anyone sue the women if he believes he was done wrong. It was her not the hotel correct? Complete bs

Biological or legal?

By wiping / using, it became biological.

By being invited in the vehicle, it became legal.

Coolie covers his ***, even if just by a diaper.

Salute the nation

It’s bs. It’s bs he is suing the hotel, if anyone sue the women if he believes he was done wrong. It was her not the hotel correct? Complete bs

BUT………………

The Hotel has $$$money$$$.

Saluter the nation

He's suing the hotel because immediately after the woman made the claim, the hotel barred him and made a statement about his "conduct". Now maybe the hotel has video supporting their actions. Maybe not. But, if they don't, they made a statement that allegedly damaged his reputation. Opening the hotel up to being sued for defamation of character. If they do have video, it will support both their defense and the alleged victim's suit.

He's suing the hotel because immediately after the woman made the claim, the hotel barred him and made a statement about his "conduct". Now maybe the hotel has video supporting their actions. Maybe not. But, if they don't, they made a statement that allegedly damaged his reputation. Opening the hotel up to being sued for defamation of character. If they do have video, it will support both their defense and the alleged victim's suit.
From what I have seen they never got into his behavior until after he made the lunching comments. Then they stated what the allegations were.

If all the chain did was have a person removed for conduct not suited for hotel rules, and do not get into details, they shouldn’t be sued.

Maybe I’m reading the timing wrong but seems the 100m came before details of what he did

All I'm going to say about the topic is - do you think italicized statement is untrue???
While his statement is 100% true, that's not what happened to him. It's not even close. Comparing the two, in my opinion, only takes away from the gravity of what happened to Emmitt Till. Irvin got accused of something, got kicked out of a hotel and lost his job. That's a far cry from being strung up in a tree to hang to death. Irvin will get a shot at redemption, something Till never got.

I couldnt give a **** about Irvin if Coolie paid me Cooch-type money.

that said, if he was kicked out of the hotel for ONE incident, then that is the hotel's issue. It could very well be their policy. I skimmed the Mariott website and didnt find anything specific about guest conduct. Which, I guess, shall soon be included for us to check a box on going forward thanks to this *** clown.

That said, the hotel is a capitalist private company and does not have to allow anyone to rent a room there or even be on their grounds/property. That employee may have very well informed her superiors of this action and those people ran it up the flag pole getting it misconstrued along the way. Regardless, its the company's right to terminate any rental agreement with Irvin and remove him from the property if they choose to do so.

In doing this, it makes me wonder if this was a reoccurring theme with Irvin. He wants us to believe he was as innocent as Emmitt Till, but his dialogue was something that would have likely embarrassed Emmitt Till.

Regardless of what I or anyone thinks of Michael Irvin, I don't see anything there that warrants what happened to him. Audio would be really helpful. But I think he is going to come out pretty good on the other side of this.

From what I have seen they never got into his behavior until after he made the lunching comments. Then they stated what the allegations were.

If all the chain did was have a person removed for conduct not suited for hotel rules, and do not get into details, they shouldn’t be sued.

Maybe I’m reading the timing wrong but seems the 100m came before details of what he did
I can see your point. Now, what if the allegations are untrue and the hotel removed him without cause, as he's claiming? You don't see a reason why he would sue?
$100M is excessive in my eyes. But, I could see folks suing for less than being removed from a hotel without verifiable proof that wrongdoing on their part had occurred and then publicly citing unproven allegations to buttress their defense.

I can see your point. Now, what if the allegations are untrue and the hotel removed him without cause, as he's claiming? You don't see a reason why he would sue?
$100M is excessive in my eyes. But, I could see folks suing for less than being removed from a hotel without verifiable proof that wrongdoing on their part had occurred and then publicly citing unproven allegations to buttress their defense.
I get it. Hate imma sue everybody ****. If he did nothing and was removed then just let it be. I’d not stay at that chain anymore. If the chain was spitting out facts/details (true/untru)….ok. No need for that. “He was asked to leave”. That’s it.

I want to be mad at her too but can’t. It all about the level of flirt at a bar but she is at work and I’m sure has been trained on when to report things, this is one. It just so happen to be a celebrity.

End of day I could give a ****. Just my rates for hotel stay will be going up

Michael Irving suing a Hotel for damaging his reputation is a frivolous lawsuit.

He's already damaged his own reputation, multiple times, for being a drugged out jackass...