• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mid-terms 2014

It’s funny to see that the major MSM outlets websites are COMPLETELY ignoring the story

Last edited:
The deficit is already on a path to being eliminated in 2 years. They need to pass legislation to support further job growth,
so the surpluses can start paying back the debt. Do Corporate tax reform, dropping the max rate to 25%, eliminating deductions and
creating an infrastructure bank to whittle down the infrastructure deficit. Pass immigration reform that make people working here taxpayers,
rather than under the table workers. Also allow more hi-tech visas and create guest worker program, so our corporations don't have
to go elsewhere for workers.

The deficit is already on a path to being eliminated in 2 years.
You get into Le'Veon's stash? Good man, making sure our star RB stays clean.

They need to pass legislation to support further job growth,
so the surpluses can start paying back the debt. Do Corporate tax reform, dropping the max rate to 25%, eliminating deductions and
creating an infrastructure bank to whittle down the infrastructure deficit. Pass immigration reform that make people working here taxpayers,
rather than under the table workers.
Also allow more hi-tech visas and create guest worker program, so our corporations don't have
Surprisingly, I agree.

The deficit is already on a path to being eliminated in 2 years. They need to pass legislation to support further job growth,
rather than under the table workers. Also allow more hi-tech visas and create guest worker program, so our corporations don't have

There are 93+ MILLION AMERICANS not working and you want to bring in MORE low skill workers? You know when they make them citizens they can then bring their relatives over right? Also the deficit is NOT on a path to being eliminated in 2 years. That's total bullshit and you know it. 2 year economics speculation with manipulated CBO numbers is worthless. The only way that happens is if the dems cave to the reps on every spending bill and the president signs it... which won't happen. It sure as hell won't be because the dems want to cut spending. They wouldn't even pass a budget frame work for years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Labor_Participation_Rate_1948-2011_by_gender.svg

Here is a chart of the labor participation rate. It has not dropped significantly in recent years. It is only down 3 percentage points from the year 2000.
Two reasons it is down: are the baby boomers have started retiring, the other one ( which gets zero press) the internet makes it easier to get paid under the
table and avoid taxes. I personally am aware of more people doing that today, than anytime during my lifetime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Labor_Participation_Rate_1948-2011_by_gender.svg

Here is a chart of the labor participation rate. It has not dropped significantly in recent years. It is only down 3 percentage points from the year 2000.
Two reasons it is down: are the baby boomers have started retiring, the other one ( which gets zero press) the internet makes it easier to get paid under the
table and avoid taxes. I personally am aware of more people doing that today, than anytime during my lifetime.

More wiki? Damn son. Try to read this to give you some understand of how it works:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/06/news/economy/labor-force-participation/index.html

Notice that they take into account retirement.. "But she said that since the recession, between two-thirds and three-quarters of the drop can be attributed to the lousy job market."

IF the jobs market was great then you'd have more than 300,000 jobs a month (seasonal jobs included) for November. But you don't. You have an anemic economy that isn't growing enough. You can try to bullshit you way out of that but it won't work.

The deficit is already on a path to being eliminated in 2 years.

No, it's not - not per Bammy and not per the CBO, which runs projections based on Bammy's numbers:

45229-land-Baseline1-yellow.png

You need to stop repeating the lie that the budget deficit will be gone in two years, that the tax revenues are swell, etc. The facts are astonishingly bad for Bammy's economy. Lots of part-time work, lower wages, lower labor participation, lower tax revenues. Those are the facts.

They need to pass legislation to support further job growth, so the surpluses can start paying back the debt.

Further job growth?!?!? What ... the ... ****?!?!?!?

Here are the data for your hero's "job growth." It's bad - the worst post-WWII, post-recession job "growth" ever (keeping in mind that a job "growth" of 180,000 new jobs merely satisfies the number of new immigrants, and high school and college graduates entering the labor force):

1331310579crisk_graph_feb12.jpg=s900x1300

Further, Bammy and his ilk pretend that "job growth" consisting of part-time at Wendy's is the same as a full-time job in construction, or truck driving. No, it's not:

full-vs-part-time-may012012zerohedgebls.jpg

Meanwhile, labor participation is tanking - and no, for the love of God, it's not because of retirement; it's because of the ****** economy and lack of meaningful jobs:

LFP%20Participation.jpg

Funny how the labor participation rate hit the ******* in 2009. Trying to think of something that happened around that time ... trying to think of something.

Do Corporate tax reform, dropping the max rate to 25%, eliminating deductions and creating an infrastructure bank to whittle down the infrastructure deficit.

Flat tax for corporations? Okay, no problem.

But the ugly truth is that once Congress eliminates the deductions, they will almost immediately start shrieking that "Exxon is paying a lower rate than grandma," and then sob uncontrollably on the House floor at that horrible prospect - immediately after which they boost the rate to 45% and insure that the deductions are STILL GONE.

Like they did in 1986. They stole the deductions in return for lower rates, and the whining, shrieking and sobbing about low rates for the rich led to higher rates (28% became 34%), and higher rates (34% became 42%), while the deductions remained in the graveyard. **** Congress.

I 100% agree that all tax should be at a flat rate, with something like a $20,000 per dependent deduction. A family of four earning $100,000 would pay taxes on $20,000. But I know, for a fact, that your liberal ilk simply CANNOT lay off other people's money. It is worse than heroin to a junkee. Liberal politicians will NEVER stop raising taxes, eliminating deductions, and on and on, supposedly for the "poor" and the "public good."

Unfortunately, the sniveling Republicans are now nothing more than Demo-Lite and go along with the theft.

Pass immigration reform that make people working here taxpayers, rather than under the table workers. Also allow more hi-tech visas and create guest worker program, so our corporations don't have to go elsewhere for workers.

I agree that more intelligent immigration policy, designed to get future working, taxpaying citizens in our country, is a benefit.

But allowing the lowest educated, lowest-skilled illegals to remain in our country is a ******* drain on the economy. It creates ghettos, a massive student body who don't speak English and go on government assistance, inundation of public hospitals, massive increases in Section 8 housing, and on and on. I live in Los Angeles, so I know more about this than you ever will, 21.

Until the Fed guards the southern border, the influx of low-skilled, uneducated, government-benefit-recipients to be will never cease. Jesus Christ, does our experience from the 1986 amnesty and immigration reform, then the 1994 amnesty and immigration reform, then the 2000 amnesty and immigration reform teach us NOTHING?!?!?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Steeltime again.

Pass immigration reform that make people working here taxpayers,
rather than under the table workers. .

Wait....don't you guys always use the argument that they're already paying into the system? Far more than they'll ever take? I'm confused.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Steeltime again.

Same here......stupid rep system needs fixed!