• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mid-terms 2014

They lost big because of racist Republicans...

You just think you're kidding. Evidently white folks heard the dog whistles...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-11-06-20-00-21
WHITE SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATS FADES
Exit polling shows racial polarization of the electorate has begun to cross party lines, with whites less likely to back Democratic candidates than they have been in the past. Across 21 states where Senate races were exit polled, whites broke for the Republican by a significant margin in all but four - Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire and Oregon. None of those four states has backed a GOP candidate for president in the post-Reagan era except when New Hampshire went for George W. Bush by 1 point in 2000.

The Senate seats on the ballot this year were last up for re-election in 2008, a presidential year. Democrats typically rely on greater turnout among their core voters when the presidential race tops the ticket. But still, Democratic Senate candidates lost ground among white voters by an average of 10 points compared with 2008. White voters abandoned Democrats in droves in places with heated contests as well as those without much action. The exceptions were Minnesota and Oregon - where Democratic incumbents improved their overall support across the board - and Mississippi - where Travis Childers managed to grow the Democratic share of the white vote from 8 percent to 16 percent.

The shift is particularly acute in the South, where some of the last white Democrats in the House of Representatives lost their seats on Tuesday.
- In North Carolina, Sen. Kay Hagan carried just 33 percent of the white vote, down from 39 percent in 2008. White voters under age 30 backed Hagan decisively in 2008, 60 percent for her to 36 percent for her opponent, as they helped to sweep Barack Obama into office. But this year, younger white voters who cast ballots in North Carolina broke just as decisively for Thom Tillis, with 56 percent to 32 percent for Hagan. Twelve percent backed Sean Haugh, the Libertarian.
- In Louisiana, Mary Landrieu captured just 18 percent of the white vote, a sharp decline from the 33 percent she garnered in 2008. Younger whites there broke for her Republican opponent in 2008, 68 percent to 30 percent, and they were even more likely to back one of her GOP opponents this time around - 22 percent voted for Landrieu while 74 percent went for Bill Cassidy or Rob Maness.
- In one surprisingly competitive Senate race Tuesday, whites in Virginia voted 37 percent for Mark Warner, 60 percent for Ed Gillespie. In 2008, Warner won the votes of 56 percent of whites. Younger whites broke heavily this year for Ed Gillespie in Virginia, 57 percent to 31 percent for Warner. In 2008, Warner carried 59 percent among this group.
- Even winning Democrats aren't immune to the drop-off in white support: Illinois Democratic Senator Dick Durbin captured 43 percent of the white vote in his successful bid for re-election, that's down 18 points from his support among whites in 2008.
---
FEW REPUBLICANS HAVE REACHED BEYOND WHITE VOTERS
But Republicans haven't minimized racial polarization in the other direction either.

The coalition behind Republican Senate candidates was predominantly white, 90 percent across all 21 states with Senate races that were exit polled, ranging from 79 percent white Alaska to 98 percent white in West Virginia. Dan Sullivan in Alaska managed to pool the most diverse electorate with a strong showing among Alaska natives, and more than 10 percent of those backing both John Cornyn in Texas and Cory Gardner in Colorado were Hispanic.

Those three - Sullivan, Cornyn and Gardner - were the only Republicans to assemble a coalition that was less white than Mitt Romney's in the 2012 presidential election.
---
Exit polls of voters nationally and in 27 states were conducted for AP and the television networks by Edison Research. Most interviews were conducted among randomly selected voters at a random sample of precincts nationwide and in each state. In addition, nationally and in 12 states with a high percentage of absentee or early voters, telephone polls were conducted between Oct. 24 and Nov. 2 to ensure that the views of those who voted early or absentee were reflected. Results are subject to sampling error.
---
Associated Press writers Connie Cass and Hope Yen contributed to this report.
---

I keed about the dog whistles. That's leftspeak for adults speaking in common sense, the language the left doesn't understand.

It is gratifying to see that people are waking up and moving past the negrophilia that gave the mysterious interloper that occupies our White House two terms that have nearly destroyed the Republic. Better late than never, I suppose. Here's to white people in America.

The coalition behind Republican Senate candidates was predominantly white, 90 percent across all 21 states with Senate races that were exit polled, ranging from 79 percent white Alaska to 98 percent white in West Virginia. ].

To be fair there are only about 14 minorities living in WV.

Didn't this election follow the same pattern that has been going on for decades? I think every mid-term has gone to the opposing party during the second term of which ever party is in the White House... It's a cycle, nothing more. I remember just a couple years ago it was the Republican Party everyone said was in its last days with no hope of ever returning to power... Now it's the Democrats turn in the shithouse. They said something like only 30% of potential voters actually did so in this election. That's because most people are so disillusioned with politics they figure.."Why bother... Nothing's gonna change .. The rich are gonna get richer, the poor poorer, the only jobs being created pay 10 bucks an hour with no bennies... So what's the difference?" I know a lot of you wil say that if a job pays 10 bucks an hour that's all it's worth, so if you want a better job get an education... Fair enough... But how in the **** is a regular middle class family supposed to send a kid or two off to college when a four year degree at any decent school is a $100,000 proposition. Most good schools now have tuition near the 20K a year mark... Combine that with the other costs associated with sending a kid to college and, well, do the math... Pay those costs by making loans and you end up with what amounts to a mortgage when you leave school, so that extra income your making because you went to school is almost all going to pay loans because you went to school.

All of those liberal professors could take drastic pay cuts and tuition would, probably, drop a lot...

All of those liberal professors could take drastic pay cuts and tuition would, probably, drop a lot...

When the economy tanked in 2008, so did the commercial real estate market......except for two sectors..........healthcare, and education. Were these colleges building classrooms? No, they were building student centers, with Starbucks and Sushi bars.It had nothing to do with education, and everything to do with marketing, Now someone is going to have to pay for these large capital projects, and guess who that is? We have public school districts here in the Pittsburgh area that are advertising to attract students. Why? They are in competition with charter schools.

Education is another bubble. When it bursts, you will see consolidations, and some won't survive. And none of it will have to do with educating our children. It will have to do with debt, and poor decisions by administrators.

And **** all of the liberal teachers who otherwise couldn't survive in the real world.

Shades of Kennedy in 61

Obama to send 1,500 more troops to Iraq as campaign expands

The US military has drawn up plans to significantly increase the number of American forces in Iraq, which now total around 1,400, as Washington seeks to bolster Iraqi forces battling the Islamic State, US officials told Reuters on Friday.

The US aims to help advise and train Iraqi and Kurdish forces battling Islamic State fighters who swept into much of northern Iraq

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014...IR22I20141107?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

Still need plumbers, electricians, mechanics, etc. Maybe high school administrators should figure this out and bring Vo-Tech back into the curriculum.

Still need plumbers, electricians, mechanics, etc. Maybe high school administrators should figure this out and bring Vo-Tech back into the curriculum.

No kidding. But as a high school employee I can tell you that it isn't the administrators that want to do away with Vo Tech..., it's the state governments that are pressuring schools to force every kid into college prep programs and out of career tech. I actually attended a workshop AT OUR Vo Tech school about 5 years ago and they brought in a couple state education gurus who told all the teachers and counselors in the room that AS OF NOW they wanted ONLY "college material" kids into the Vo Tech school, no more poorly performing students or Special Ed kids. The reason.......? Because Vo Tech schools' had terrible state test scores compared to the high schools were all the college prep kids went (shocking I know) and they were trying to figure out ways to improve them. Basically by forcing the poor performing students to stay in the high school to lower the school's scores and taking away some of their top kids and putting them in the Vo Tech to raise up their scores. Perfect logic right?

I raised my hand and asked 3 questions:

1) If you force only "college material" kids come to the Vo Tech school to learn trades, then they go off to college, who will be left to fix cars, air conditioners,roofs, etc?

2) Why in the world would a college prep kid even consider going to school here to learn a trade as opposed to staying at the high school where they can take advanced classes that will actually prepare them for college?

3) Now that we are booting out the "Non college material" kids from Vo Tech, what happens to them? You know, the ones that Vo Tech programs were designed for in the first place? Now we are going to force them to leave school with no trade skills whatsoever?

What I got back were blank looks and nothing else. It's always entertaining when academics and politicians have to go among regular people and defend their idiotic policies that have zero merit once they are off paper and in the real world.

Last edited:
No kidding. But as a high school employee I can tell you that it isn't the administrators that want to do away with Vo Tech..., it's the state governments that are pressuring schools to force every kid into college prep programs and out of career tech. Another glaring and perfect example of why governments do not belong anywhere near the actual day to day decision making or the nuts and bolts basics of the educational process. I actually attended a workshop AT OUR Vo Tech school about 5 years ago and they brought in a couple state education gurus who told all the teachers and counselors in the room that AS OF NOW they wanted ONLY "college material" kids into the Vo Tech school, no more poorly performing students or Special Ed kids. The origin of Vo Tech programs and schools was to prepare those who didn't need college educations to pursue their chosen professions, not to provide a place to warehouse the less intelligent or less motivated or special ed kids. Unfortunately the latter is what they've morphed in to.The reason.......? Because Vo Tech schools' had terrible state test scores compared to the high schools were all the college prep kids went (shocking I know) and they were trying to figure out ways to improve them. Basically by forcing the poor performing students to stay in the high school to lower the school's scores and taking away some of their top kids and putting them in the Vo Tech to raise up their scores. Perfect logic right?

Vo tech is still optional, right? I mean a kid can't be forced into it can they? If not I would guess there would have to be agreement and collusion from the teachers and their union to "nudge" borderline students toward Vo tech (which would not surprise me......it's clearly a conflict of interest. Teachers are measured by students' test scores and it's in teachers' best interest to try and lose the lower performing ones rather than try to help them.)

I raised my hand and asked 3 questions:

1) If you force only "college material" kids come to the Vo Tech school to learn trades, then they go off to college, who will be left to fix cars, air conditioners,roofs, etc?

2) Why in the world would a college prep kid even consider going to school here to learn a trade as opposed to staying at the high school where they can take advanced classes that will actually prepare them for college?

3) Now that we are booting out the "Non college material" kids from Vo Tech, what happens to them? You know, the ones that Vo Tech programs were designed for in the first place? Now we are going to force them to leave school with no trade skills whatsoever?

What I got back were blank looks and nothing else. It's always entertaining when academics and politicians have to go among regular people and defend their idiotic policies that have zero merit once they are off paper and in the real world.

The answer to your rhetorical questions is obvious. "Not my problem."

Didn't this election follow the same pattern that has been going on for decades? I think every mid-term has gone to the opposing party during the second term of which ever party is in the White House... It's a cycle, nothing more.

Yet the FBP was dumb enough to say that his policies were on the ballot. If you already knew there was a good chance the (D)'s were going to get their azzes kicked why would you say that? I honestly don't know the answer.

Shades of Kennedy in 61

Obama to send 1,500 more troops to Iraq as campaign expands

The US military has drawn up plans to significantly increase the number of American forces in Iraq, which now total around 1,400, as Washington seeks to bolster Iraqi forces battling the Islamic State, US officials told Reuters on Friday.

The US aims to help advise and train Iraqi and Kurdish forces battling Islamic State fighters who swept into much of northern Iraq

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014...IR22I20141107?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

I'm just going to take a stab at this, we will be at war against the ones we are training and supplying today. Just a wild uneducated guess.

check out this new House seats map of the country - interactive

it's ALL red

Election Night 2014

http://media.cq.com/elections/2014/

but for a few pockets of blue

I am in the red zone

Last edited:
ha!

Debbie Wasserman Schultz forms a Committee to Investigate the Committee

A party committee will conduct a "top-to-bottom assessment" of the Democrats' DNC performance in recent midterm elections and try to determine why they have struggled to turn out its core voters in non-presidential elections.

"Our party has a problem," Wasserman Schultz said in a video announcing the project. "We know we're right on the issues."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/08/democrats-election-review_n_6126576.html

"Our party has a problem," Wasserman Schultz said in a video announcing the project. "We know we're right on the issues."

That party does indeed have a problem. It's wrong on the issues. Every issue.

Stands to reason that they'd have Debbie as their face.

I'd hit that in a minute.

I bet you would

debbie-wasserman-schultz-is-broke.jpg

Obviously I forgot to put a smiley to convey my sarcasm. That is below the line but the arrow is pointing up for me, obviously. I want popcorn.

Ahh, the HuffPo always makes it to the first page of Yahoo with their hate spewing rhetoric:

That means in January, GOP politicians will represent even greater numbers of Americans – Republicans, Democrats, independents, Greens, Libertarians. They don’t solely represent climate-science-denying, immigrant-hating, Ebola-scare-mongering tea partiers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leo-w...-fro_b_6128732.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

When the Dems were in control, I am sure that the HuffPo demanded that they take into account the desires of their less liberal constituents.

Ahh, the HuffPo always makes it to the first page of Yahoo with their hate spewing rhetoric:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leo-w...-fro_b_6128732.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

When the Dems were in control, I am sure that the HuffPo demanded that they take into account the desires of their less liberal constituents.
My county and a neighboring county run about 3-to-1 Democrat in registration but Republicans won virtually every seat where they had a candidate and carried the county for the statewides even if the governor lost. In the neighboring county a long-time Democrat state senator was taken out by a Republican lady candidate with no previous political experience.

Last edited:
in even happier news - Obama has left the country

New visa policy elevates U.S.-China relations

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama announced Monday that the U.S. and China have agreed to a new, reciprocal 10-year visa policy for tourists and businessmen.

The agreement will allow citizens of each country to travel between the two countries for up to 10 years on a single visa, putting China on level footing with other major trade partners like Brazil and several European countries. Travelers can currently receive one-year visas.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/10/politics/visa-10-years-obama-announces/index.html?hpt=po_c1

-----------------

so I can invite the whole Chinese women's army to come visit? - cool

oh those snappy uni's

article-1217310-06A702B0000005DC-602_634x403_popup.jpg

female15.jpg

_46473826_women_ap.jpg

chinese-woman-entrained-60th-anniversary.jpeg

too much fabric, Spike

in even happier news - Obama has left the country

New visa policy elevates U.S.-China relations

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama announced Monday that the U.S. and China have agreed to a new, reciprocal 10-year visa policy for tourists and businessmen.

The agreement will allow citizens of each country to travel between the two countries for up to 10 years on a single visa, putting China on level footing with other major trade partners like Brazil and several European countries. Travelers can currently receive one-year visas.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/10/politics/visa-10-years-obama-announces/index.html?hpt=po_c1

-----------------

so I can invite the whole Chinese women's army to come visit? - cool

oh those snappy uni's

article-1217310-06A702B0000005DC-602_634x403_popup.jpg

female15.jpg

_46473826_women_ap.jpg

chinese-woman-entrained-60th-anniversary.jpeg

hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit,.............................................................