• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Migrant caravan heading for US clashes with police in Mexico

An invasion ARMY

I see about 90% military-aged males.

Mass-migrants-e1539977892670.jpg

giphy.gif

That is insane!!! Of course, the MSM only shows pictures of women with infants, looking tired, dirty, and hungry.

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador were not able to do the job of stopping people from leaving their country and coming illegally to the U.S. We will now begin cutting off, or substantially reducing, the massive foreign aid routinely given to them.

This is most definitely an invasion, not migration. The timing is suspect, that's for sure. Does the media really think that reporting on this all the time is going to help influence the election to go THEIR way??

Yes as answered in the NPC thread.

President Trump declares national emergency over US-bound migrant caravan

Referring to the caravan from Honduras, the president tweeted: "Sadly, it looks like Mexico's Police and Military are unable to stop the Caravan heading to the Southern Border of the United States.

"I have alerted Border patrol and Military that this is a National Emergency."

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-declares-national-emergency-over-us-bound-migrant-caravan-11532480

-----------------------------------

meanwhile

Hurricane Willa takes aim at Mexico as a Category 5 storm

Hurricane Willa strengthened to a powerful Category 5 storm Monday morning, taking aim at the Mexican coast and threatening to deliver life-threatening storm surge, wind and rain.

Now packing 160 mph winds, some strengthening was still possible for the storm Monday, making Willa "potentially catastrophic" for Mexico, the National Hurricane Center warned.

The storm is expected to weaken when it makes landfall Tuesday but is forecast to bring large waves, dangerous storm surge, gusty winds and heavy rain.

Mexico will begin to feel the impacts of Willa late Tuesday morning and the storm is forecast to make landfall south of Mazatlan Tuesday night as a major Category 3 hurricane or higher.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-expecting-heavy-rain-hurricane-willa-slams-mexico/story?id=58658413

hurricane-willa-mexico-ht-mem-181022_hpEmbed_9x7_992.jpg

That Mexico must not have much of an army if 4,000 invaders can storm their country. How is it we are suppose to believe they can control drug cartels?

meanwhile

Hurricane Willa takes aim at Mexico as a Category 5 storm

Hurricane Willa strengthened to a powerful Category 5 storm Monday morning, taking aim at the Mexican coast and threatening to deliver life-threatening storm surge, wind and rain.

Now packing 160 mph winds, some strengthening was still possible for the storm Monday, making Willa "potentially catastrophic" for Mexico, the National Hurricane Center warned.

The storm is expected to weaken when it makes landfall Tuesday but is forecast to bring large waves, dangerous storm surge, gusty winds and heavy rain.

Mexico will begin to feel the impacts of Willa late Tuesday morning and the storm is forecast to make landfall south of Mazatlan Tuesday night as a major Category 3 hurricane or higher.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-expecting-heavy-rain-hurricane-willa-slams-mexico/story?id=58658413

Trump_23_zpsczlef3fw.jpg

That is insane!!! Of course, the MSM only shows pictures of women with infants, looking tired, dirty, and hungry.

Those people look dirty. Definitely not hungry.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is an invasion

Maybe willa will take care of the caravan.
Lol.

Only if Garcia somehow defeats Ducey for governor, not going to happen. And I can't believe that ***** Sinema, and I use the term lightly, is slightly ahead in the polls, and trying to remake herself to get elected.

I'm saddened by my home state's state of political affairs. Come on AZ pull your heads out of your posteriors.

You never see this kind of stuff happen to China, Rusdia, Saudi Arabia. I wonder why?

You never see this kind of stuff happen to China, Rusdia, Saudi Arabia. I wonder why?

For the same reason, ya think these people could make Honduras a better country if they marched on their own capitol in these numbers to demand hope and change?

This sure doesn't look like happy families coming to the border only to have the evil Trump rip their children from their arms

This **** needs to be stopped, with violence if necessary. Right or left, you cannot think this is ok. It is time to send a message that swarming the border and making demands is not ok. Follow our laws. Come the legal way and we’ll leave the light on for you. Waving your flag while burning ours and disparaging our president is not the way to go.

I will be watching closely after Trump’s commitment to send the military to stop this nonsense. He better not buckle.

The military will have no authority to arrest or detain.

There is an invasion, but these people are just pawns.

The truth is a very few, very powerful people have found a loophole in our immigration process (the "asylum" system) and are now exploiting that loophole by telling millions of Mexicans/Central Americans how to "act" once they reach the border to circumvent the immigration process.

The immigration activists have duped millions of liberals in this country into donating to a cause. That cause is simple: open borders along the southern U.S. border. They have hired thousands of lawyers that tie the hands of ICE and Homeland Security with frivolous lawsuits and activist judges. The use the money to provide care for these people WHILE they travel to the U.S. They use the money to have people meet them at the border to tell them EXACTLY what to say.

This has nothing to do with improving Honduras, Guatemala or El Salvador. They could care less. They want more Hispanics in the U.S. to cause disturbance and change the voting block.

The asylum system was meant for good and these people are using it and exploiting it. It's a disgrace. And they are going to ruin the whole system if they continue to do it.

I don't know what the end result is. The President's hands are very tied on this. Activist judges along the border, the laws (as written and interpreted) don't allow much when 1000's of people all claim "asylum" at the same time.

Maybe, Trump can call a national emergency and direct thousands of judges to the southern border and try to process all asylum requests right away (and catch up on the backlog), but whether that holds up to appeals and lawyers whose sole purpose is to cause problems, I don't know.

It's a clusterfuck right now. I feel bad for southern states and I feel bad for this country. It's not right and everyone knows it (even the left). This is not how immigration should work.

There is an invasion, but these people are just pawns.

I would not rule out Trump using the national guard to detain this mass group, but you are right, they are pawns. Their presence is re-energizing the case for boarder security. AKA The Wall

I would not rule out Trump using the national guard to detain this mass group, but you are right, they are pawns. Their presence is re-energizing the case for boarder security. AKA The Wall

In the case of mass migration like this, the wall wouldn't do anything. This group (and others like them) are not being told to try and cross the border at night or illegally.

They are being told to present themselves, in mass, at a border station and claim asylum.

Even if their claim for asylum is frivolous, it doesn't matter. If EVERYONE does it, the asylum system becomes overrun and our laws state we have to house/detain them (at the expense of taxpayers) or place them in society until their asylum case is heard by a judge. In addition, the laws (as interpreted by a judge) state if children are involved they CAN'T be detained or separated from their parents for more than like 14 days.

It's a mess because there is no way the government can follow the laws as written/interpreted right now. By law, they can't catch-and-release. By law, they can't detain until their hearing. By law they can't turn them away at the border if they claim asylum. What else is left? Ignore it, which is what all the previous administrations have done on this issue.

Now, because of Trump, "ignore" isn't an option and we're all seeing the fruition of years of bad laws, bad execution and runaway lawyer/legal confusion.

I'm all for a wall, but that does and would not help in this situation.

They need to plan ahead...get Mexico to agree to set up an amnesty temporary shelter village on their side of the border until everyone can be processed... most of the people involved do not realize they are being used as a political tool. They deserve the same consideration that a typical assylum seeker gets, but the shear size of it will make that hard.... im sure some legitimate cases are included in there too... but it should be explained that a large group like this makes it unfeasible to deal with and thus takes more time... this will discourage such future caravans from forming.....

In the case of mass migration like this, the wall wouldn't do anything. This group (and others like them) are not being told to try and cross the border at night or illegally.

They are being told to present themselves, in mass, at a border station and claim asylum.

Even if their claim for asylum is frivolous, it doesn't matter. If EVERYONE does it, the asylum system becomes overrun and our laws state we have to house/detain them (at the expense of taxpayers) or place them in society until their asylum case is heard by a judge. In addition, the laws (as interpreted by a judge) state if children are involved they CAN'T be detained or separated from their parents for more than like 14 days.

It's a mess because there is no way the government can follow the laws as written/interpreted right now. By law, they can't catch-and-release. By law, they can't detain until their hearing. By law they can't turn them away at the border if they claim asylum. What else is left? Ignore it, which is what all the previous administrations have done on this issue.

Now, because of Trump, "ignore" isn't an option and we're all seeing the fruition of years of bad laws, bad execution and runaway lawyer/legal confusion.

I'm all for a wall, but that does and would not help in this situation.

I have to disagree. Most people can not scale a 18 foot wall. Build it in the places most accessible to cross the boarder. Much of the boarder is mountains, miles of desert and rivers.

A wall to me is not just a wall. Build a rail system for rapid deployment say 500 feet behind the wall, camera towers, and drone patrol. Use satellite imagery to detect tunnels. Then you'll have much better boarder security.

Trump can issue executive orders. As to their limits I'm not sure.

Another option is Trump can tell Mexico to stop it, or deal with tariffs.

A SECOND migrant caravan heads for the US: 1,000 Hondurans have crossed into Guatemala

A second migrant caravan is heading for the American border having formed in the wake of an initial group, which has already crossed Guatemala and entered Mexico.

The second caravan is made up of 1,000 people and crossed the border from Honduras into Guatemala on Sunday, before arriving in the town of Chiquimula on Monday night.

They are following in the path of a much-larger group, believed to number around 7,000, which was sheltering in the town of Huixtla, in southern Mexcio, overnight on Monday.

5325004-6307043-image-a-15_1540306413359.jpg

5316114-6307043-image-a-74_1540296490898.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nt-caravan-1-000-heading-following-first.html