• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Minneapolis Riots part duex

Personally, horrible as it sounds, I want Antifa and BLM to burn every ******* city they can to the ground. At some point SOMEBODY has to wake up and say... "Hey, these people are ******* dangerous and subversive. Maybe we should take this **** seriously."

Course, I live out in the middle of nowhere... so I may be really really ******* biased.
Today’s younger society would bend over and welcome it. They are a bunch of...hate using this word. They are cucks.

I don’t get how hard it is to distinguish good from bad, right from wrong. Why racism is on a huge rise again is beyond me. White, black, brown. I’ve come across good and bad in my life. I judged by character rather than by skin color.

I still believe that political correctness that was on the rise 10+ years ago is now seeped into educational, social and even work place culture.

Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, publish date 1953.

Bradbury and the other dystopian writers saw it a long time ago. What's weird is how on the nose Fahrenheit 451 is. Society becomes extremely insular and restrictive and books are banned. Why? Racism.

In Bradbury's future the only information you receive, you receive through state sponsored propaganda. Not unlike 1984, but with a much "prettier" spin. Much more like what we'd ACTUALLY see. 24/365 entertainment and information broadcasting put on wall-sized screens throughout your house.

If you run counter to the society. You just disappear.

1953 folks.

We've had enough of these now to notice a common thread. And I'm addressing it from the personal accountability angle. Yes, it's been stated before. It needs to be stated again and again.

In nearly every one of these overly publicized police shootings, the common denominator is the victim resisted arrest and/or police orders OR attempted to attack the police.

Another common thread exists: every one of the guys shot or killed - every single one - had a history of violent crimes, usually against women. Jacob Blake rapes a woman, returns to her home to steal her car, woman calls police, Blake resists arrest, fights officers, and he is shot while trying to get a weapon. Hero.

George Floyd points gun at pregnant woman's fetus, robs her in her home during home invasion, moves to Minneapolis, gets loaded, passes counterfeit bill, getting behind wheel when high, fights cop, resists, dies. Hero.

Daunte Wright robs woman at gunpoint, bail rescinded, pulled over for EXPIRED TAGS not some other bullshit reason, resists, tries to get into car and drive away (I guess he had another robbery scheduled), shot and killed. Hero.

iu

What the hell is going on out there??

Another common thread exists: every one of the guys shot or killed - every single one - had a history of violent crimes, usually against women. Jacob Blake rapes a woman, returns to her home to steal her car, woman calls police, Blake resists arrest, fights officers, and he is shot while trying to get a weapon. Hero.

George Floyd points gun at pregnant woman's fetus, robs her in her home during home invasion, moves to Minneapolis, gets loaded, passes counterfeit bill, getting behind wheel when high, fights cop, resists, dies. Hero.

Daunte Wright robs woman at gunpoint, bail rescinded, pulled over for EXPIRED TAGS not some other bullshit reason, resists, tries to get into car and drive away (I guess he had another robbery scheduled), shot and killed. Hero.

iu

What the hell is going on out there??
I still don't know how trying to flee from police is a good option. I know you are scared going back to prison, but that's better than being shot or dead.

Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, publish date 1953.

Bradbury and the other dystopian writers saw it a long time ago. What's weird is how on the nose Fahrenheit 451 is. Society becomes extremely insular and restrictive and books are banned. Why? Racism.

In Bradbury's future the only information you receive, you receive through state sponsored propaganda. Not unlike 1984, but with a much "prettier" spin. Much more like what we'd ACTUALLY see. 24/365 entertainment and information broadcasting put on wall-sized screens throughout your house.

If you run counter to the society. You just disappear.

1953 folks.
Bradbury is my favorite Sci Fi author. I have my students read The Veldt every year. I know I'm a science teacher but I also interject a little Sci Fi into my curriculum.

Reactions: wig
Bradbury is my favorite Sci Fi author. I have my students read The Veldt every year. I know I'm a science teacher but I also interject a little Sci Fi into my curriculum.

I also like Robert Heinlein. Underrated, IMO.

I also like Robert Heinlein. Underrated, IMO.
True. I didn't read him until after I left Middle School. He was a great writer and like Bradbury he was a visionary.

“There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.”

Came across this last night and made my blood boil. Blatant racism? Really Lenny? The officer was training a black officer this racist act? With losing her job, going to prison with more riots and protests were for certain, but racism clouded her mind to shoot a black 20-year old male??? Scream it from the rooftop!

Lenny Kravitz

Enough is enough. Why did another young Black man die? After 26 years of police work, you would think Officer Kim Potter would know the difference between a taser and a gun.

We must hold police officers accountable for the blatant racism and abuse of Black and brown people. How is it that I have gone my entire life witnessing and experiencing these situations time and time again with minimal change? People aren’t born racist. It’s learned, and can be un-learned. We must continue to fight racism and realize that although we are all different, we are one human race! I am sending love and respects to the family of Daunte Wright and every person & family that has experienced this. May he Rest In Peace + Power
✊🏾
#ItsEnough

Cross-Platform teaching, good stuff Vader. It's how education should work, no subject or content area lives in a vacuum.

Does Lenny also send love and comfort to the family of Kim Potter? Or are they the wrong color?

I am sending love and respects to the family of Daunte Wright

Did Lenny offer his "love and respect" to the woman that Wright roughed up, grabbed, assaulted, pointed a gun at, and tried to rob of her rent money so that she and her roommate faced homelessness?

Oh, of course not. Just the stupid criminals who get into brawls with police.

Took the week off work. My job is literally helping small businesses and most of them are closed, bordered up or out of business. I told my boss I will be openly carrying my S&W .40 from now on when I have to go to the Twin Cities. I fully expect to be fired next week.

Our enemies are watching....

The enemy is in house, the enemy is within. Americans of all ilk and political persuation must stand together and withstand this ongoing attack by the far-right MAGA movement, bolstered by Fox and right wing media. People who were once rational, middle-of-the-road conservatives have completely lost their marbles. What has Trump - and the right wing media - done to them? Is there still a point of turning back? What has happened to this great country?

Cross-Platform teaching, good stuff Vader. It's how education should work, no subject or content area lives in a vacuum.
We do it all the time in our school. There is always a lot of math in science but I add in science fiction as well as historical figures within the scientific community (Bohr, Einstein, Priestly, Lavoisier, Davy, Black, Seaborg ETC..)

The enemy is in house, the enemy is within. Americans of all ilk and political persuation must stand together and withstand this ongoing attack by the far-right MAGA movement, bolstered by Fox and right wing media. People who were once rational, middle-of-the-road conservatives have completely lost their marbles. What has Trump - and the right wing media - done to them? Is there still a point of turning back? What has happened to this great country?
Someone here has definitely lost his marbles.

Someone here has definitely lost his marbles.
Yeah, I'd say it's at least a dozen of you folks. I ain't giving up on you, hopefully you'll find your footing soon and regain some semblence of reason and reality.

Yeah, I'd say it's at least a dozen of you folks. I ain't giving up on you, hopefully you'll find your footing soon and regain some semblence of reason and reality.

Back in your insurrectionist safe room, little guy. We'll let you know when it's safe from the evil boogeyman, Dr. Insurrection.

Not yet. Not. Yet.

Back in your insurrectionist safe room, little guy. We'll let you know when it's safe from the evil boogeyman, Dr. Insurrection. Not yet. Not. Yet.

Cue the bandleader of the 'lost their marbles' crew. Right on time. (y)

Yeah no.

Those people rioting looting and burning **** down are not Republicans. There are no Maga hats in that crowd.