• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Minneapolis Riots part duex

Yeah, I'd say it's at least a dozen of you folks. I ain't giving up on you, hopefully you'll find your footing soon and regain some semblence of reason and reality.
mood laughing GIF

The enemy is in house, the enemy is within. Americans of all ilk and political persuation must stand together and withstand this ongoing attack by the far-right MAGA movement, bolstered by Fox and right wing media. People who were once rational, middle-of-the-road conservatives have completely lost their marbles. What has Trump - and the right wing media - done to them? Is there still a point of turning back? What has happened to this great country?
spoken like a true Democrat, CNN watching, Biden worshipper that can't see through their Blue glasses. Do you ever look in the mirror and accept any of the blame for the demise of this country? Just once, it would be nice to instead of pointing fingers, to look within yourself and be a better American than a walking, talking sheep. If you can. . .

We do it all the time in our school. There is always a lot of math in science but I add in science fiction as well as historical figures within the scientific community (Bohr, Einstein, Priestly, Lavoisier, Davy, Black, Seaborg ETC..)
One of my best friends from H.S. currently works for Lockheed Martin in their space program. He is an engineer that designs/develops spacecraft. He was in the AF academy, but to avoid a long story, he went from there to UW, but he spent 1 quarter at University of Montana where I was at. In that quarter he took an English composition class and the prof had them write research papers. Richard wrote a paper about how Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek for you heathens out there) was amazingly prescient in his concepts of how warp technology would likely work.

The prof didn't even read his paper. Gave him an F. Said in the notes it was a research paper, not a Star Trek convention. Richard went to his office with about 30 lbs of physics books and Roddenberry articles, interviews etc. When the prof saw that he said, "Fine, I'll read it." Richard (being an alpha as you may imagine) said, "Oh no. We're going to go through it right here so you can understand the math since it isn't your area."

Richard got an A and now he builds Mars landers.

He's hella smart. Lacks good people skills. ;-)

One of my best friends from H.S. currently works for Lockheed Martin in their space program. He is an engineer that designs/develops spacecraft. He was in the AF academy, but to avoid a long story, he went from there to UW, but he spent 1 quarter at University of Montana where I was at. In that quarter he took an English composition class and the prof had them write research papers. Richard wrote a paper about how Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek for you heathens out there) was amazingly prescient in his concepts of how warp technology would likely work.

The prof didn't even read his paper. Gave him an F. Said in the notes it was a research paper, not a Star Trek convention. Richard went to his office with about 30 lbs of physics books and Roddenberry articles, interviews etc. When the prof saw that he said, "Fine, I'll read it." Richard (being an alpha as you may imagine) said, "Oh no. We're going to go through it right here so you can understand the math since it isn't your area."

Richard got an A and now he builds Mars landers.

Usually very intelligent beings do lack good social skills..

great story nonetheless!

Sounds like my first roommate in college. Math and engineering whiz, people skills not so much. His natural state was to believe that he was the smartest guy in the room and he could never get over the fact that I tested out of freshman English and he didn't.

Richard wants to be good with people. He just literally has a hard time getting down to our level. Imagine every social interaction you ever had was something like trying to explain how a carburetor works to a 6 year old. We still love him. Last year for April Fools we created an entire "Flat Earth Society" website and made it look as though it was HIS site.

We put in a chat and blog section and everything. He got LOTS of folks asking him really "fascinating" questions about flat earth. Sadly, he did not find time to respond.