• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Minnesota Awarded Super Bowl, Pittsburgh next?

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Minnesota was just awarded the 2018 Super Bowl in the latest example of the quid pro quo of new stadium = Super Bowl.

Could the Steelers addition of seats be aimed at making a bid to host? They should certainly go for it

Just lame to award the SB to frigid northern cities. I get that it's a dome, but for the fan experience it just sucks. Who wants to spend time in Minny in the middle of winter? Not even the residents for the most part, I suspect...

ARII has said he wants to get a committee together to explore putting together a bid. If Indy can do it, there is absolutely no reason Pittsburgh couldn't pull it off. There are plenty of hotel rooms in the area. But even an expanded Heinz Field is quite small for a Super Bowl stadium; perhaps they could add a bunch of temporary seating.

by next year Heinz field will roughly have a capacity of 68500, which is 1000 more than lucas oil stadium, say the Rooney's add 10,000 temp seating 78500 would be more than enough.
I assume it would take take 1-3 years roughly to build enough hotels so perhaps 2020 is the year the Rooney's should target a SB bid.

Ok, I'm only going to say this once, the ************* superbowl is not a ************* vacation, if you don't like football enough to go watch it while your ******* balls are freezing off, **** you, sit the **** at home, I'd gladly go sit in the cold to watch the Steelers play in the superbowl. If you're a corporate dickwad that can go on and on about his attempt at climbing mount dikamanjaro, but won't sit for a few hours to watch your team in the Superbowl, again, **** you ************, sit home.

Play the ************* Superbowl in the same weather the you play the ************* games, and if you think it's too cold, you're following the wrong ******* sport, go watch ************* tennis and leave the rest of us to football.

This cold weather Superbowl thing is the ONLY ******* thing that ******* of a commissioner has gotten right, and some of you sopping vaginas need to put a ************* sock in it.

Joe

Ok, I'm only going to say this once, the ************* superbowl is not a ************* vacation, if you don't like football enough to go watch it while your ******* balls are freezing off, **** you, sit the **** at home, I'd gladly go sit in the cold to watch the Steelers play in the superbowl. If you're a corporate dickwad that can go on and on about his attempt at climbing mount dikamanjaro, but won't sit for a few hours to watch your team in the Superbowl, again, **** you ************, sit home.

Play the ************* Superbowl in the same weather the you play the ************* games, and if you think it's too cold, you're following the wrong ******* sport, go watch ************* tennis and leave the rest of us to football.

This cold weather Superbowl thing is the ONLY ******* thing that ******* of a commissioner has gotten right, and some of you sopping vaginas need to put a ************* sock in it.

Joe

****-n-A right

97% of women would disagree with you, and that is who the commish is appealing to. The ONLY reason nyc was selected is because there are 9 million people live right there and he knew the media would love it.... btw, i am with ya, play the damn game in a blizzard.

Joe

Just lame to award the SB to frigid northern cities. I get that it's a dome, but for the fan experience it just sucks. Who wants to spend time in Minny in the middle of winter? Not even the residents for the most part, I suspect...

The objective should be to put a fair game on the field, not a warm one. Rotating cold/warm cities is the closest method to fair (unless you want to give home field to the team with the better record, which I'd be fine with). Ensuring a sanitized, climate-controlled fast track for the faster offense every single year is giving an unfair advantage.

And off the field, I think we need to reward NFL cities and fanbases that actually deserve Super Bowls. Cities that played some role in developing the early NFL, or at least host a prominent, historically relevant franchise. Not the Jaguars. Not the Texans. I think the city of Jacksonville made around $700M from hosting in 2004. I think cities like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Chicago, New York, and even Canton deserve that opportunity, as opposed to just handing a check to Tempe or Jacksonville. Or the gang rape capital of the world, the Superdome, which rakes it in every few years.

The objective should be to put a fair game on the field, not a warm one. Rotating cold/warm cities is the closest method to fair (unless you want to give home field to the team with the better record, which I'd be fine with). Ensuring a sanitized, climate-controlled fast track for the faster offense every single year is giving an unfair advantage.

And off the field, I think we need to reward NFL cities and fanbases that actually deserve Super Bowls. Cities that played some role in developing the early NFL, or at least host a prominent, historically relevant franchise. Not the Jaguars. Not the Texans. I think the city of Jacksonville made around $700M from hosting in 2004. I think cities like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Chicago, New York, and even Canton deserve that opportunity, as opposed to just handing a check to Tempe or Jacksonville. Or the gang rape capital of the world, the Superdome, which rakes it in every few years.

Looking forward to cold weather NCAA playoff games. The current bowl locations are big advantages to southern schools.

ok, i'm only going to say this once, the ************* superbowl is not a ************* vacation, if you don't like football enough to go watch it while your ******* balls are freezing off, **** you, sit the **** at home, i'd gladly go sit in the cold to watch the steelers play in the superbowl. If you're a corporate dickwad that can go on and on about his attempt at climbing mount dikamanjaro, but won't sit for a few hours to watch your team in the superbowl, again, **** you ************, sit home.

Play the ************* superbowl in the same weather the you play the ************* games, and if you think it's too cold, you're following the wrong ******* sport, go watch ************* tennis and leave the rest of us to football.

This cold weather superbowl thing is the only ******* thing that ******* of a commissioner has gotten right, and some of you sopping vaginas need to put a ************* sock in it.

Joe
karma,karma, karma, ,
karma,

karma karma, a, karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, karma,

Well then lets just have the damn thing in Greenbay every year on the ******* frozen TUNDRA. Unless Greenbay is in the game it will be a neutral field. It would also eliminate the celebrity types that show up and know nothing about the sport. Tickets would be lots cheaper too. Hell we might get some Canadians walking across the lake to get there, might be driving it should be frozen plenty deep at that time of year.

Joe

cant we just disagree...?

I agree 100% with t-man. So sick of people (mainly the pansy media) crying about cold weather for a Super Bowl. This football! Grow a pair! The conference championship games sell out every single year in places like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Boston, New York, etc, no reason to think the Super Bowl wouldn't. It's the damn cry-baby media that doesn't want to get cold. WAAAAAHHHH!!! Go cover basketball then!

Does anybody here, remember the very early, Monday Night Football 1/2 time high lites? They always showed the prev. week games. Well, every now and then, they would do a special. The one I'm talking about, was football vs the elements. It was the most awesome high lite real of bad weather football, I've ever seen. Not sure of the player, but he dang neared drowned in the corner of an end zone. The frozen games, snow, mud, all very very good football. This media driven, dripping vag bullshit, is for the panzie ***!!! But, with the ROGER "new" NFL, fantasy FB wimps, what would we expect? To actually, have to view a game, as it was intended? Lord forbid!!!

Salute the nation

Not a chance. Not enough hotel space. There are hotels farther our like the airport and Monroeville but the infrastructure isn't there to move that many people. Because of the hills and rivers and tunnels Pittsburgh is a weird apple when it comes to getting around.

That was my concern Ron. Pittsburgh is not exactly laid out in a manner that is easy to navigate, which could pose some major problems for a Super Bowl.

The fairest way would be to have each city rotate hosting for 32 years, but that will never happen. Neither will Pitt getting a SB under 80k capacity.

Winter is supposed to be cold. -30... just throw on some long-johns and drink more.

I'll go one further than Joe. The NFL should ban domed stadiums. Domes suck. No team should EVER play in a dome. I don't care if its regular season or Super Bowl. No frigging domes period.