• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mnf.

It seems Chris Pronger suffered a similar injury during his career, thankfully he made a full recovery, really hoping Damar Hamlin has the same outcome.

postponing doesnt make sense. Is tomorrow, wednesday, thursday going to be any better for the players? Going to be a logistical nightmare. Not an easy choice for the league. A tie gets KC the #1 seed pretty much. Buffalo had a shot at #1 just needed to win both games. Cinci had an outside shot as well. KC just needs to beat the raiders. An outside option would be to extend the season another week, but that could cause logistical issues. Will certainly be interesting to see how they handle it. going to be a lose lose situation I feel

They will play the game because money reigns supreme in the nfl…just be thankful they had the brains not to try to continue the game tonight
in 71 they had a player die on the field and didn’t even really stop the game…

They will play this game wednesday night or something stupid like that… and more or less doom these two teams in the playoffs with the short turnaround on two games right before it starts

The bills should just say **** it, forfeit the game, still pay the players, and hope cinci and KC loses next week and they win …
I think thats way better than forcing tge team to play after that then again on a short week then potentially have to play on Saturday

Can't confirm, but saw on a live stream that Doctors may have stabilized him.
No word on whether any brain trauma occurred yet.

It seems Chris Pronger suffered a similar injury during his career, thankfully he made a full recovery, really hoping Damar Hamlin has the same outcome.

I watched that game. This is a lot more serious. Pronger didn't go into cardiac arrest and have to be revived.

I had a friend go into cardiac arrest while playing pickup hockey. Fortunately there was a firefighter playing who was fully trained in CPR and the arena had the defibrillator paddles. He received a defibrillator implant and quadruple bypass and is doing well. Praying for the same for Hamlin.

So it supposedly was a hit to the heart that stopped his heart beating… thats a known thing, but extremely rare.. I think it sounds like he will be fine… really scary stuff though…

Vincent said the notion that players and coaches were given five minutes to warm up to get ready and play again was wrong.

"Frankly, there was no time period for the players to get warmed up," he added. "Frankly, the only thing that we asked was that [referee] Shawn [Hochuli] communicate with both head coaches to make sure they had the proper time inside the locker room to discuss what they felt like was best. So I’m not sure where that came from. Five-minute warmup never crossed my mind, personally.

So like I said before the Bills should just refuse to play the game when they reschedule it… they were already down, the players aren’t going to be in a great headspace, and win or lose they are going to take away from recuperation time very close to the playoffs… the bills are 12-3 with the tiebreaker on KC…KC is 13-3 and the Bengals are 11-4… taking a loss drops them to the 3 seed, but they still have a shot at the 1 seed if both other teams lose… and mist importantly it shows they really do care about players over standings…

honestly when the league was dicking us around over the Ravens covid mess, I sort of wish we had just told them to shove it rather than go along and **** the rest of that season up… the team never recovered mentally or physically after that…

Vincent said the notion that players and coaches were given five minutes to warm up to get ready and play again was wrong.

"Frankly, there was no time period for the players to get warmed up," he added. "Frankly, the only thing that we asked was that [referee] Shawn [Hochuli] communicate with both head coaches to make sure they had the proper time inside the locker room to discuss what they felt like was best. So I’m not sure where that came from. Five-minute warmup never crossed my mind, personally.

Sounds like damage control is going full steam ahead now

I hope he is alright. I was in my Fantasy championship as some are with a 40+ point lead. My opponent has Higgins and the Bills D. There is almost no way for him to catch me but I can see my league deciding to call it a tie or something crazy like that.

Hopefully, this dude is OK and can come back and live a long life and maybe even continue to play football. That's what's important.

They will play the game because money reigns supreme in the nfl…just be thankful they had the brains not to try to continue the game tonight
in 71 they had a player die on the field and didn’t even really stop the game…

They will play this game wednesday night or something stupid like that… and more or less doom these two teams in the playoffs with the short turnaround on two games right before it starts

The bills should just say **** it, forfeit the game, still pay the players, and hope cinci and KC loses next week and they win …
I think thats way better than forcing tge team to play after that then again on a short week then potentially have to play on Saturday

OUR Steelers played on a Wednesday and then a Sunday. 3 games I like 12 days during the covid season. Just sayiN

Salute the nation

OUR Steelers played on a Wednesday and then a Sunday. 3 games I like 12 days during the covid season. Just sayiN

Salute the nation
Yes and it was a big reason that season tanked… i mean the Bills and bengals ownerships are not known for philanthropic moves… they will play this game wherever and whenever they can make a buck, but I sure as **** wouldn’t… the whole reason HFA and that 1 seed bye is so crucial is the extra recuperation time for players… compacting another game into the immediate two weeks before the playoffs isn’t a great plan if you don’t get it… those extra days matter a lot..

Yes and it was a big reason that season tanked… i mean the Bills and bengals ownerships are not known for philanthropic moves… they will play this game wherever and whenever they can make a buck, but I sure as **** wouldn’t… the whole reason HFA and that 1 seed bye is so crucial is the extra recuperation time for players… compacting another game into the immediate two weeks before the playoffs isn’t a great plan if you don’t get it… those extra days matter a lot..

I hear has madinsomniac, I was just showing precedence.

Salute the nation

I hope he makes a full recovery. That was a most improbable thing to happen. In fact it's a first for me ever seeing.

Thankfully they're in a profession that has medical staff very close to them.

Many other professions are not so lucky if a man goes down.

A buddy just sent this to me. At least it sounds treatable.

321178478_568567781389962_4710948658607231820_n.jpg

Hockey players are just another bread of human.

I really question if he steps foot on an nfl field again. Like could you? I’d be scared shitless.

I think that the restrictions put on defenders may have played a hand in this injury. Hamlin came in high for a grab like tackle. Guys are not allowed to get low to deliver a blow. The runner is allowed to deliver a blow. Higgins delivered the blow to Hamlins upper chest, neck area. I think a lot of these rules that put defenders in a less aggressive mode, leaves them open to injury.

I think that the restrictions put on defenders may have played a hand in this injury. Hamlin came in high for a grab like tackle. Guys are not allowed to get low to deliver a blow. The runner is allowed to deliver a blow. Higgins delivered the blow to Hamlins upper chest, neck area. I think a lot of these rules that put defenders in a less aggressive mode, leaves them open to injury.
I have said that to my wife a while now. If you want to remove the head and shoulders from the tackle, then you had better start flagging receivers and RB for leading with the crown of their helmet.

don't get me wrong cause I don't give a **** if they ever play this game but make no mistake this is a PR move based on today's society. there have been a number of players that were hurt to the point that CPR had to be administered and yet they went on to play the game. Reggie Brown from the lions come to mind first. hell chuck Hughes actually died on the field but the game went on.

like I said play the game, don't play the game makes no difference just don't act like it's about the players cause it aint; it's about the PR this league give two ***** about players or fans. Money that's all that matters

don't get me wrong cause I don't give a **** if they ever play this game but make no mistake this is a PR move based on today's society. there have been a number of players that were hurt to the point that CPR had to be administered and yet they went on to play the game. Reggie Brown from the lions come to mind first. hell chuck Hughes actually died on the field but the game went on.

like I said play the game, don't play the game makes no difference just don't act like it's about the players cause it aint; it's about the PR this league give two ***** about players or fans. Money that's all that matters

Last night when everyone saw him getting cpr and nobody knew if he pulled through or not, calling tge game was 100% the correct thing to do.. for the NFL not to have any contingency plan for this kind of thing is just asinine

right or wrong, players back then would play the game. I doubt the players last night would have if told to

So it supposedly was a hit to the heart that stopped his heart beating… thats a known thing, but extremely rare.. I think it sounds like he will be fine… really scary stuff though…
Seems like it may be a bit more serious than that. I posted in the other thread he had to be revived 2x. Once on the field and once at hostpital. They are concerned about lung damage, but vent usage is down to 50%.