• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mnf.

I do not think it was a spinal cord snap. I dont think he would have been able to stand at all after that. Could be a dislodged clot or something caused a major blood vessel to burst. I think if word he comes out that he is OK then it could give the players an emotional boost, but it is not looking good at the moment. If nothing comes out soon game should definitely be cancelled.

This is a really bad look for the league…almost an hour now. It’s not unprecedented to move games several days….remember the Covid issues 2 years ago? Cancel this and address tomorrow.

i didn't see it. Was he involved in a big hit or did he just collapse for some unknown medical reason?
It was a pretty big hit and it appeared to be to Hamlin's chest. He stood up after the hit and then almost immediately collapsed.

i didn't see it. Was he involved in a big hit or did he just collapse for some unknown medical reason?

Not a big hit at all. He was making a pretty routine tackled and took the brunt of the impact from the runner to his chest area.

I really don’t have a good answer. Cancel the game? Ok, how and when or do you make it up? It has playoff implications so they can’t not play it. What if they reschedule for Wednesday. But then both teams play on a really short week. What if someone gets seriously injured because their body is fatigued from playing so soon?

I honestly think there’s only two solutions. 1) Bills forfeit. It’s just a game. 2) finish the game.

If I’m the Bills head coach I forfeit.

That's the thing. It's easy to say cancel the game, but this game does have to have a result. It matters in playoff standings. I'm guessing they are hoping to hear from the hospital that Hamlin is OK or at least in stable condition.

Would the Bills really want to play this game tomorrow? It seems if they cancel it tonight then it would either have to be a forfeit or maybe the Bengals agree to it being a Tie in the standings.

Could have been a hit that stopped his heart. Think this happened to a little leaguer got hit with a baseball in the chest and had the heart stop. Looked like he did take a hard shot to the chin as well though. Hard to speculate at this point. Could have been something like an aneurysm as well

323880614_1367642953995367_9094166091681800613_n.jpg

That's the thing. It's easy to say cancel the game, but this game does have to have a result. It matters in playoff standings. I'm guessing they are hoping to hear from the hospital that Hamlin is OK or at least in stable condition.

Would the Bills really want to play this game tomorrow? It seems if they cancel it tonight then it would either have to be a forfeit or maybe the Bengals agree to it being a Tie in the standings.
Football takes a back seat to someone’s life at this moment.
How can someone even think about standings, seeding when you see your brother drop and potentially looking at death?

This league talks about player safety etc. Well here’s Rogers time to actually put his money where his mouth is

Game has been officially called as announced by ESPN broadcast.