• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock Mock Mock! Get your mock here!

With Edmunds leaving, I'm hoping for a hard nosed SS early in this draft!
just throwing it out there, but Carnell Lake's son is in this draft. he has both knees.

did my best Colbert running to the podium for the first pick. don't hate on this ...

269808547_10227578488468508_165054704194441178_n.jpg

With Edmunds leaving, I'm hoping for a hard nosed SS early in this draft!
I feel Norwood is going to replace Edmunds. Still need a safety but doesn’t have to be as pressing as some other positions.

I go all-in on rebuilding line.

Your score is: 45557 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20: Darian Kinnard, OG/OT, Kentucky (B)
Round 2 Pick 20: Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 20: Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Nick Cross, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: D.J. Dale, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Andrew Stueber, OT/OG, Michigan (A+)

Don't forget the D-line. It is as bad, if not worse than the O-line. The O-line has some young prospects. The D-line has no one. We need a starter from our 1st or 2nd round picks on the DL. If Davis is there, I'm taking him. No way we give up 230+ like last night and like has become all too commonplace. Remember the days when teams used to struggle to even come close to 100 on us. Now, it's a given. It's not only players though. Tomlin needs to put 3 DL on the field as the norm instead of using 2 DL so often. Our ILB's aren't good enough (and most aren't) to be able to handle OL and RB's barrelling at them. After all, we do run a 3-4 D, don't we?

I go all-in on rebuilding line.

Your score is: 45557 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20: Darian Kinnard, OG/OT, Kentucky (B)
Round 2 Pick 20: Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 20: Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah (A)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Nick Cross, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: D.J. Dale, DT, Alabama (A+)
using that sim, I got...

Your score is: 46609 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20: Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Charleston Rambo, WR, Miami (A)
Round 7 Pick 20: Nolan Smith, DE/OLB, Georgia (A+)

reasoning:
Haeg showed he can be as good as Moore in the game yesterday, if not better.
LeGlue just has to be a starter at one of the Guard positions. Can Dotson play either position? if so, that's an interesting dilemma.
Then we can slide Haeg to RT (Chuks is a FA), and play the best of Moore/Haeg - LeGlue/Dotson/Lindstrom/Kirkland and have a lot of position flexibility.

Gardner is being said to be the best CB in the draft. Reminds me of a taller (and younger) Haden.
Willis - time to move to the future, and Mason aint it.
Winfrey would beef up the DL and allow us to maintain a healthy rotation, especially (big) if Tuitt comes back. Heyward, Tuitt, Adams, Wormley, Mondeaux and Winfrey.
We'll need another WR, since only two are rostered next season.
Can't hurt taking another edge player.

using that sim, I got...

Your score is: 46609 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20: Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Charleston Rambo, WR, Miami (A)
Round 7 Pick 20: Nolan Smith, DE/OLB, Georgia (A+)

reasoning:
Haeg showed he can be as good as Moore in the game yesterday, if not better.
LeGlue just has to be a starter at one of the Guard positions. Can Dotson play either position? if so, that's an interesting dilemma.
Then we can slide Haeg to RT (Chuks is a FA), and play the best of Moore/Haeg - LeGlue/Dotson/Lindstrom/Kirkland and have a lot of position flexibility.

Gardner is being said to be the best CB in the draft. Reminds me of a taller (and younger) Haden.
Willis - time to move to the future, and Mason aint it.
Winfrey would beef up the DL and allow us to maintain a healthy rotation, especially (big) if Tuitt comes back. Heyward, Tuitt, Adams, Wormley, Mondeaux and Winfrey.
We'll need another WR, since only two are rostered next season.
Can't hurt taking another edge player.

Damn, I like you on the football side. Perhaps if we erased politics altogether, we'd find some common ground afterall. (y)

Btw I think your evaluation of Haeg > Moore is a bit premature. Ben himself said he felt Moore would be a standout LT for years to come. Having said that, it was great seeing Haeg out there holding his own.

Here's one having fun with trade backs. I think I was able to retool and restock a good bit. I focused on the OL and the middle of the D-front, double-dipping at ILB as I don't know if either Bush or Schoebert will be on the team after next year. The 2 ILB's I took can cover sideline to sideline. Haskins should easily move into our No. 2 RB spot and Pierce should easily be our No. 3 or 4 WR as a rookie - assuming he runs reasonably well. Love the big man from Michigan in the 7th. Tomlin loves those guys that have started for big schools and can play multiple positions. He should at least stick on the PS.

Your score is: 52112 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 26 (BUF): Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (BUF): Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (B+)
Round 3 Pick 22 (S.F.): Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CINN): JoJo Domann, ILB/OLB, Nebraska (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (DAL): Zach Harrison, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (N.O.): Storm Duck, CB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State (A+)

Here's one having fun with trade backs

Kudos for the corner out of Fayetteville State. Now that would be a signature Colbert move, like how he found Ike out of Louisiana Lafayette.

Love your two ILB picks. It's clear as day we have HUGE issues at inside linebacker. I'd cut my losses with basically everyone we have on the roster, maybe besides Buddy Johnson and start from scratch, be it through the draft or FA.

Don't forget the D-line. It is as bad, if not worse than the O-line. The O-line has some young prospects. The D-line has no one. We need a starter from our 1st or 2nd round picks on the DL. If Davis is there, I'm taking him. No way we give up 230+ like last night and like has become all too commonplace. Remember the days when teams used to struggle to even come close to 100 on us. Now, it's a given. It's not only players though. Tomlin needs to put 3 DL on the field as the norm instead of using 2 DL so often. Our ILB's aren't good enough (and most aren't) to be able to handle OL and RB's barrelling at them. After all, we do run a 3-4 D, don't we?
I think Loudermilk is gonna end up being a decent player. But other than that you are right.

Damn, I like you on the football side. Perhaps if we erased politics altogether, we'd find some common ground afterall. (y)

Btw I think your evaluation of Haeg > Moore is a bit premature. Ben himself said he felt Moore would be a standout LT for years to come. Having said that, it was great seeing Haeg out there holding his own.
I saw what Ben said, but he also said Green is a stud at Center for years to come.
take all that with a grain of salt, and what exactly is Ben to say about the guys who protect him? He's never said an OL sucks.

I saw what Ben said, but he also said Green is a stud at Center for years to come.
take all that with a grain of salt, and what exactly is Ben to say about the guys who protect him? He's never said an OL sucks.

Hmm, I believe Ben said Green should be moved to OG to *maximize his talents.* But I agree, he's not a objective voice on his OL guys, lol.

Hmm, I believe Ben said Green should be moved to OG to *maximize his talents.* But I agree, he's not a objective voice on his OL guys, lol.
my bad. i'm not a fan of the over-inflated ewok, so I tend to skip past anything about him.

I think Loudermilk is gonna end up being a decent player. But other than that you are right.
Loudermilk is definitely getting better by the week. Adams may be a diamond as well. With Cam winding down in a couple of years, the D-line needs top-end help. Tuitt is probably gone and was our last D-line pick in the first 3 rounds and that was in 2014. Davis shuts the huge gaping hole in the middle and lets everyone else do their jobs.

Loudermilk is definitely getting better by the week. Adams may be a diamond as well. With Cam winding down in a couple of years, the D-line needs top-end help. Tuitt is probably gone and was our last D-line pick in the first 3 rounds and that was in 2014. Davis shuts the huge gaping hole in the middle and lets everyone else do their jobs.
i believe you mean Adams.
When he was on the field, the push back on the run was evident. On one of Murray's long gains, he was heading right. Adams pushed the Center back so far that Murray had to go to his left.

of course no one was there, so ...

That was as close as Ben has ever gotten to say one of his linemen wasn't good at his position.

Tuitt is probably gone and was our last D-line pick in the first 3 rounds and that was in 2014.

So sad about Tuitt. He was really starting to put it together, had the look of a Pro Bowl-level stud on that D-line. With what happened to Shazier a few years back, and now Tuitt, hard not to imagine what could have been. Really sucks losing two top-flight draft picks like that, way too early. That's a lot of draft capital to not have on the roster. Alas, such is life, it comes at you hard & fast. Feel bad for both those guys, though very impressed with how Shazier has been able to get his life on track after his devastating injury. Hopefully things pan out for Tuitt as well, if he decides to hang em up at this point.

That was as close as Ben has ever gotten to say one of his linemen wasn't good at his position.
Actually thats Ben saying he is good at his position. Green is a guard not a center. Making him a center was just a stupid hairbrained Tomlin idea. The man was never a center, he's been a guard the entire time he's played football, stepping in to play center for 3 games while their center was hurt in college.

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Kenny Pickett
    QB Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • PIT

Sean Rhyan
    OT UCLA
    trade icon
  • PIT

Christian Harris
    LB Alabama
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jaxson Kirkland
    OG Washington
    trade icon
  • PIT

Matthew Butler
    DT Tennessee
    trade icon
  • PIT

John Metchie III
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jalyn Armour-Davis
    CB Alabama
    trade icon
  • PIT

Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State
    trade icon
  • PIT

Isaiah Pola-Mao
    S USC
    trade icon
  • PIT

Marcus Jones
    CB Houston

DT seems like one of the deeper positions in free agency, so I think the Steelers address that need there. I'd take the best available O lineman in first and
take Brandon Smith in the second. Our ILB's could actually be weaker than O-line.