• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock Mock Mock! Get your mock here!

notice that the more a guy is selected in the first-pick sim, the more he's elevated?
example: Brennan Armstrong, QB, Virginia - has gone from being a Day 2 to a Day 1 pick

notice that the more a guy is selected in the first-pick sim, the more he's elevated?
example: Brennan Armstrong, QB, Virginia - has gone from being a Day 2 to a Day 1 pick

That's part of why these mocks are skewered. I'm no expert but really like looking at your's / slash / Ford's / ect. Rumor has it you guys are in the know..............

I'm not big college / individual player watcher but try to educate myself as you guys bring these players up. I got on board with the DAWGGS due to some kid in New Mexico. Dan Moore is another for me and he has a way to go but could pan out given he works hard this off season.

Obviously Coolie's pimping too !!!

Salute the nation

traded back in the first with KC ... got their pick at 1 (29), 2 (29) and 3 (29)
for that, they selected:
Chiefs: Drake London (WR) USC

Your score is: 50065 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 29 (K.C.): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Zach Harrison, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29 (K.C.): Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Mekhi Garner, CB, Louisiana (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Lucas Krull, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

That's part of why these mocks are skewered. I'm no expert but really like looking at your's / slash / Ford's / ect. Rumor has it you guys are in the know..............

I'm not big college / individual player watcher but try to educate myself as you guys bring these players up. I got on board with the DAWGGS due to some kid in New Mexico. Dan Moore is another for me and he has a way to go but could pan out given he works hard this off season.

Salute the nation
rule of thumb:
if Coolietard is pimping someone, cross that ************ off your list.

rule of thumb:
if Coolietard is pimping someone, cross that ************ off your list.

Heard that often as well...........................

Would he have a chance at being an impactful starter right out of the gate ?

Salute the nation

Yep. And the site follows who you like. It now has Penning going 22 or 23, so trading down means I lose a chance at him.

Mathis, Harris, Brisker make the defense better. But in trading down for more picks, the problem I have is that no way 10 rookies make the roster. Zero chance. Last year the cap hell meant free agency was a big fat zero, but for 2022, the Steelers are going to fill at least one significant hole - probably G, likely S - in free agency. I prefer quality over quantity in this draft, which is just not as deep as the 2021 draft, IMO.
I hear ya .... my early draft was more realistic... FIRST PICK trade downs are somewhat questionable in value charts

It is nice that we finally have some cap space ........ but I have never been overwhelmed by what this team does in FA ....... hoping that changes this year

Salute the nation

Possibly, but not likely. Lindstrom is about the same size as Green but a better technician, better at pulling and finding someone to block in open space. His comp is probably Kendrick Green.

Heard that often as well...........................

Salute the nation
BC linemen are well coached by Coach Applebaum, who is a rising star IMO. Lindstrom has the "Pedigree" that Tomlin loves so damn much but his strength is a question mark and he has an issue with leverage. (Sound familiar?cough cough Green... But he has huge upside as long as we have a Coach that can develop his skills. We can fix strength for sure. All in all, he's an upgrade over Green for sure. Day 1 starter...on most teams, no. On the Steelers...maybe.

Salute the nation
truthfully, though, I like the concept of adding guys based on who we, as fans, see could help. I try to include any FAs leaving, who we might be able to replace at FA, and who might help long-term.
for instance - my last mock had:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (K.C.): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Zach Harrison, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29 (K.C.): Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Mekhi Garner, CB, Louisiana (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Lucas Krull, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

to explain ...

I'd move Moore to RT. Though even having Penning at RT would be extra.
I see Tackle as a big need heading into the draft. Chuks is a FA and we only have Haeg behind Moore. Haeg is nice, but long-term, Penning would be nicer.

Harrison is 6'6", 280. He could throw on some weight in 2-3 seasons and be a ******* monster. I've gone from us needing a fire hydrant in the middle since Adams has come on. I'd not be against a guy like Jordan Davis (first) or Phadrian Mathis (in the second), but viewing the roster and where we need help, I see this as more of a plus. Also, consider that Tomlin is not anti using DEs in 2-man DL sets. I feel he does this to provide as much disruption as possible, even if the guys he throws out there aren't likely to cause much ruckus at this point.

Willis... dude's a darkhorse. I read he has all the traits of what we need/want - mobile, good arm, smart, etc. That he dropped to the 3rd is a bonus. He rocketed up draft boards prior to the season... then had a lot go wrong. I tried watching him against Ole Miss, but that was ridiculous. He was out-matched, or should I say over-matched. Though he kept trying. The talent around him either let him get the snot knocked out of him or his receivers dropped balls ... He had a lot go wrong, and you could see - visually see - that Liberty had no business being on the field with Ole Miss.

Tolbert is a decent sized WR, but could use some weight. Can't teach 6-3, but can add some muscle to him. With essentially just Johnson and Claypool on roster (and White) next season, we need a WR. Likely to resign Juju if the price is right, but likely to also let Washington walk. McCloud? eh... could be back. Miller ... they SHOULD bring him back. Juju's contract might be predicated on his injury and any likelihood of it happening again. Remember, Nate Burleson had some arm injuries. So, a WR corp of Johnson, Claypool, JuJu, Miller and Tolbert would be nice on paper.

Tindall - he's 6'2", 230. Anti-DevinBush. From playing at a large-school conference, he's battle-tested. We'd need someone to supplant BusT or hold it down if injury occurs to either BusT or Schobert. Plus, dude stepped up and performed for Georgia in their biggest game of the season. Add him.

Lindstrom - provided we get Penning, adding Lindstrom here is a ******* bonus. We need inside help on the OL. Badly. IMO, LeGlue may as well be the starting LG next season. Trai Turner is a HUGE drop off from the play we had at RG for years. With Lindstrom capable of playing C or G, we can put either him or Green at C after a legit competition. Hassenauer is a FA, btw. So whichever wins the C spot can then battle for starting at RG. Maybe even move Dotson over to RG?

Banks - No secret we need secondary help. Witherspoon and Maulet are FAs. We'll likely bring one or both back. Haden is getting long in the tooth. Layne hasnt shown much since he was drafted. Banks is a gifted athlete, too. I prefer athletes with speed, and loose hips, at CB. Its why I wanted us to draft Jamel Dean a few years ago. Instead, we took ... Justin Layne. Ugh.

Garner - see above. Dude's a gamer. quick-twitch athlete playing at a small school. Has a chip on his shoulder. Those kind tend to out perform the guys drafted ahead of them, as they feel something to prove.

Krull - Ebron's gone. We have a need for another TE. And Krull can even supplant Gentry as the #2 TE.

Devonte Wyatt is more like a fringe Lamarr Woodley. Nakobe Dean reminds me a lot of James Farrior. Would be an upgrade over Bush

Dean reminds of Devin Bush, if he had leadership skills, heart, and understood how to play LB.

One of the best moments of the Champ game was when Bama almost got a TD on a blown coverage. Dean was screaming at the guy who messed up. Then next play that guy made a play and Dean was first guy to give him props. That’s leadership and it’s what this Steeler team needs. Heyward is the closest thing but seems more of a lead by example guy. This defense and offense needs a guy who will get in people faces when they screw up.

Lots of trades.
    Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati
    Shut down CB. Is as close to Revis as I have seen coming out of college since.
    Jordan Battle
    S Alabama
    I feel Edmunds is gone and Battle would be an upgrade. A+ athlete with size and will cover or play the run.

Alec Lindstrom
    OC Boston College
    Brother was a first round pick for the Falcons. Technically as good as they come. Center only prospect because of size but this moves Green to guard and gives JC some competition at center.

Bailey Zappe
    QB Western Kentucky
    I think the Steelers give Rudolph a shot but that doesn’t mean a little competition isn’t healthy. Haskins didn’t impress last year so Zappe who is the ultimate underdog gunslinger should at least give Rudolph a run for his money. Video game stats at western Kentucky. 5967 yards, 62 tds to 11 ints.

Rasheed Walker
    OT Penn State
    Physically will test off the charts. And played better than people realize. Much maligned offensive line he played pretty well. Should probably be good enough to kick Moore to RT or guard.

Damone Clark
    LB LSU
    Whatever clicked this year with Clark worked . 15.5 tfl and 5.5 sacks.

Marcus Jones
    CB Houston
    Immediate impact will be return man. Freaky return skills that I would say I haven’t seen since Devin Hester. He potentially could develop into a nickel or dime back. He played outside at Houston and though had a lot of ints he also gave up a lot of big plays. Didn’t see a lot of him playing inside so probably have to really coach that up. But the ability is there.

Josh Paschal
    EDGE Kentucky
    Big drop off after Watt and Highsmith. Paschal is more of an effort pass rusher but goes a good job at setting the edge and winning at the LOS.

Jerreth Sterns
    WR Western Kentucky
    Sterns is Zappe’s favorite target and like Zappe his stats are video game numbers. 150 catches 1902 yards 17 tds.

Abram Smith
    RB Baylor
    His one year starting at Baylor had 1602 at 6.2 ypc with 12 tds. And had huge games vs decent competition. Should be a good compliment to Harris.

Tayland Humphrey
    DT Louisiana
    Huge man who is decently nimble of feet.