• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock Mock Mock! Get your mock here!

did my best Colbert running to the podium for the first pick. don't hate on this ...

269808547_10227578488468508_165054704194441178_n.jpg
Not seeing it who is it?

One guy that is a sleeper pick for the Steelers is:
Ikem Ekwonu
North Carolina State
6'4"
Weight:

For how much I like a certain C who I now think the Steelers have outplayed where he will be drafted. I shift to this T that will bring just what the Dr. ordered. An elite run blocker. You can try him at LT, toss him around and see where you like him anywhere not named Center. Then watch those absent holes start to open. Really high on the kid and would not be upset if the Steelers pick him come their first pick.

• My Selections​

Round: 1
    Trevor Penning
    OT | Northern Iowa LogoNorthern Iowa
    Round: 2
    Phidarian Mathis
    DL | Alabama LogoAlabama
    Round: 3
    Nolan Smith
    EDGE | Georgia LogoGeorgia
    Round: 4
    Brennan Armstrong
    QB | Virginia LogoVirginia
    Round: 5
    Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa LogoIowa
    Round: 7
    Jaylen Watson
    CB | Washington State LogoWashington State
    Round: 7

Dontario Drummond
    WR | Mississippi LogoMississippi

• Very talented LT, move Moore to RT where I think he prospers.

• Big upgrade on the DL with a guy who is big, athletic, long arms, will disrupt the interior running game for opponents.

• I think the pass rush needs help opposite Watt, and get that help with an incredibly athletic and productive OLBer from the national champs (sorry, Berm).

• Smith is a bit smaller than the typical ROLB, but his quickness, pursuit angles and ability to fight off blocks means he is a pass rushing force on day one, and will grow into an excellent OLB'er opposite Watt.

• Get an "ehh" QB prospect in the 4th. Not going to get an elite guy here, but Armstrong is a decent prospect. Also a lefty so there's that.

• Campbell is a BIG LB'er who is surprisingly good in coverage and a SUPERB tackler. He plays inside and replace BusT/Schobert in short order.

One guy that is a sleeper pick for the Steelers is:
Ikem Ekwonu
North Carolina State
6'4"
Weight:

For how much I like a certain C who I now think the Steelers have outplayed where he will be drafted. I shift to this T that will bring just what the Dr. ordered. An elite run blocker. You can try him at LT, toss him around and see where you like him anywhere not named Center. Then watch those absent holes start to open. Really high on the kid and would not be upset if the Steelers pick him come their first pick.

Do you see MOORE being able to retain his LT starting job or will he be a wait and see who they draft type cast member ?

When Moore had Dotson next to him he did pretty good but I'd think he will be better with an off season to work on details. Just curious

Salute the nation

Make no mistake, WE need two big picks or Starting free agents for the OL, one being a center.

Salute the nation

Your score is: 48685 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20: Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (B+)
Round 2 Pick 25 (CINN): Jaquan Brisker, FS/SS, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Carson Strong, QB, Nevada (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CINN): Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Jack Sanborn, ILB/OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Kennedy Brooks, RB, Oklahoma (A+)

I am becoming a Penning fan. Dude is massive, but very athletic, incredibly long arms. Penning on the left, Moore on the right and suddenly line looks a lot better.

Like Brisker, productive. Strong - big guy. Lindstrom is an actual C, Banks is underrated and could be an excellent CB in the NFL.

Yep, and zero chance he lasts to #20. Zero. I think he is gone top 4, probably to Jacksonville at 1 or no later than the Jets at 4.
which is why i'd pull both hamstrings and tear every ligament in my knees to get to that podium once the clock starts

Do you see MOORE being able to retain his LT starting job or will he be a wait and see who they draft type cast member ?

When Moore had Dotson next to him he did pretty good but I'd think he will be better with an off season to work on details. Just curious

Salute the nation
I see Moore sticking. He looks like the type who will keep improving and I seen flashes in him this year.

I think Moore will end up being fine at LT. It's not saying much but he did a lot better than Chuks who they had been grooming for the position for 4 years and he improved over during the season. He and Green both hit the rookie wall in the last quarter of the season. He and Green will both benefit tremendously from a true NFL offseason with development and time in the gym training.

I think Moore will end up being fine at LT. It's not saying much but he did a lot better than Chuks who they had been grooming for the position for 4 years and he improved over during the season. He and Green both hit the rookie wall in the last quarter of the season. He and Green will both benefit tremendously from a true NFL offseason with development and time in the gym training.
i believe Green would be best served returning to Illinois to continue his education.

I see Moore sticking. He looks like the type who will keep improving and I seen flashes in him this year.

I see MOORE improving more at LT than I see Green improving at center this off season. I think the experiment on Green has run it's course but I never say never. Give him his chance but in the mean time I draft high or proven FA starting center.

I know we all agree on heavy investment in both OL and DL.

Salute the nation

Here's one with no trades. I'm still putting DL ahead of OL but double-dipped on both in the 1st 5 rounds. I think we have more pieces on the OL to work with along with adding one legit starter in free agency. I'm not totally sold on Faalele but the dude is ginormous. At least it will take a defender a little time to get around him.

Your score is: 47176 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: JoJo Domann, ILB/OLB, Nebraska (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Nick Broeker, OG, Ole Miss (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Neil Farrell Jr., DT, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama (A+)

not sure which of these I like better:

Your score is: 48406 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 23 (L.V.): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (L.V.): Carson Strong, QB, Nevada (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Danny Gray, WR, SMU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Lucas Krull, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

Trade downs

Your score is: 50111 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 1 (JAX): Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (L.V.): Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Marcus Jones, CB, Houston (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (JAX): Jaquan Brisker, FS/SS, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Sean Rhyan, OG/OT, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Henry To'o To'o, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Jahleel Billingsley, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Abram Smith, RB, Baylor (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State (A+)

More fun with trade downs. Double-dipping all over our biggest needs; added a good WR; and picked up a legit (at least he seems to be) backup for Najee. That small school CB is always there staring at me in the 7th so I keep grabbing him. I guess I need him to balance out all the other big schools I seemed to pick from.

Your score is: 51229 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 24 (ARI): Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (A+)
Round 2 Pick 25 (CINN): Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24 (ARI): David Bell, WR, Purdue (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CINN): Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Thayer Munford, OG, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Quay Walker, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A+)

couple of trades... think i like this one...

Your score is: 47968 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 23 (L.V.): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Carson Strong, QB, Nevada (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (B+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 3 Pick 28 (DAL): Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Mekhi Garner, CB, Louisiana (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Lucas Krull, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

Trade downs

Your score is: 50111 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 1 (JAX): Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (L.V.): Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Marcus Jones, CB, Houston (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (JAX): Jaquan Brisker, FS/SS, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Sean Rhyan, OG/OT, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Henry To'o To'o, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Jahleel Billingsley, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Abram Smith, RB, Baylor (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State (A+)

Mathis, Harris, Brisker make the defense better. But in trading down for more picks, the problem I have is that no way 10 rookies make the roster. Zero chance. Last year the cap hell meant free agency was a big fat zero, but for 2022, the Steelers are going to fill at least one significant hole - probably G, likely S - in free agency. I prefer quality over quantity in this draft, which is just not as deep as the 2021 draft, IMO.

Your score is: 47203 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 22 (MIA): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (B+)
Round 2 Pick 18 (MIA): Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Jaquan Brisker, FS/SS, Penn State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 20: David Bell, WR, Purdue (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Damarion Williams, CB, Houston (A+)

Again, I like Penning. 6'7", 340 lbs., but plays like he is 300 lbs. Good footwork, good punch. Harris is too good to pass up, even if a little raw in coverage. Not a big guy, but actually fills holes (no puns, please) and hits. Brisker is going to be one of those good-not-great Penn State players, sort of a Darren Perry type.

The Steelers need a WR who can get open. I watch replays of the offense and see three or four receivers on a pattern, every one of them blanketed. Bell is underrated by the draft site and I don't think he actually lasts to pick 84 but it is what it is.

Haskins is going to be a decent backup RB. Not a burner by any means, but big guy, north-south runner, does not fumble. The three CB's? Hell, somebody is going to pan out. Right?

P.S. Bell has amazing hands. Decent size (6'2", 200 lbs.), catches the ball in traffic. He projects as a slot receiver early on with his ability to catch the ball in the middle of the field and the chances the Steelers retain JuJu seem a bit sketchy.

Last edited: