• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Money people.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure this could go in the other forum but **** it.

I’m thinking ahead for when/if the stock market ***** out. When things slide and I want to pull my 401ks into a protected area without getting smacked with taxes what is that? An IRA or other holding that’s not making me money but protected.

I don’t have a guy so figured I’d start here and go from there. Again for when/if.

You could always balance it by putting a higher percentage into a guaranteed fund, you won't make anything on it, but it would be protected.

Predicting the market is like looking for answers in a magic 8 ball, but with the current administration, my guess is the arrow is pointing down. I'm pleasantly surprised that
it hasn't collapsed already.

Zona, conservative mutual funds - a significant part of my IRA and 401k - have been hammered the past 10 days. HAMMERED.

I don't want to move the money into longer-term interest bearing investments since I don't want to be stuck at 1.9% when inflation blows up and drives guaranteed bonds to 4% or 5%. Very short-term bonds only - six months. Not easy to find since the interest sucks a dog's dick and barely covers the transaction costs.

Zona, conservative mutual funds - a significant part of my IRA and 401k - have been hammered the past 10 days. HAMMERED.

I don't want to move the money into longer-term interest bearing investments since I don't want to be stuck at 1.9% when inflation blows up and drives guaranteed bonds to 4% or 5%. Very short-term bonds only - six months. Not easy to find since the interest sucks a dog's dick and barely covers the transaction costs.
I was fortunate enough to work for a company (Cigna) that would let me move money literally any time I wanted to. Schwab handles my investments now, and we make adjustments on a monthly call basis in an attempt to keep me funded now that I no longer work. The person I work with there is great, monthly strategy calls and emails me when ever she sees something that may be a concern. My account is higher now than when I retired 3 years ago, even with the monthly distributions, although I haven't looked in a few weeks, so......... Never had to deal with getting stuck in long term investments.

ICS, are you still employed with a company based 401K, or out on your own?

Oil is almost $200 a barrel. It was $50 under Trump because he wanted us to be self sufficient. They say it could hit $400 under Xiden due to his war on domestic oil/gas/coal. We are expected to hit Carter 70’s inflation. And that ************ is going to raise all taxes and destroy Trump’s booming economy. I’d pull it all out. Like Tibs dad should’ve done.