• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More green energy fails

madinsomniac

Reaction score

They were warned for decades… it was just shortsighted virtue signaling… like 80% of environmental policy… there are some great ones in place… the clean air and acid rain programs, for instance… but most just don’t understand the long term or overall impact these things create… sire it’s green energy in the moment its being used, but those panels creation and disposal are a net negative for the earth…

Yeah we knew this years ago. Nobody paid attention.

They were warned for decades… it was just shortsighted virtue signaling… like 80% of environmental policy… there are some great ones in place… the clean air and acid rain programs, for instance… but most just don’t understand the long term or overall impact these things create… sire it’s green energy in the moment its being used, but those panels creation and disposal are a net negative for the earth…

I remember many years ago on 60 minutes they ran a special on somewhere in China? where we had permission (the USA did) to ship our massive amounts of electronics trash - old blackberries, monitors, laptops, batteries. Anything electronic. They had landfills they loaded them up with.

There were towns and villages nearby. Years after the landfills were being filled, the area streams began to turn green, literally. Massive amounts of cancers were found in the residents. It ruined that part of the world.

Same thing with these panels. Idiots admitted to "having no future plan" regarding what to do with trashed panels. They can handle 1/10th of the load today.

Wait until all of the EV batteries start piling up.

Going green will poison the world.

Yeah we knew this years ago. Nobody paid attention.
I mean literally I heard this long before Cali passed that ridiculous bill… and when they did it was stated over and over again… yet they really didn’t have the foresight to plan for the amount of waste tgey would produce and, though not really stated in this article, tge massive cost of replacing all of those… even subsidized, that money has to come from somewhere….

They did this primarily when China was trying to corner the market on solar panels, so they were dumping them at less than what they cost to make them … Obama sued to get them to stop. But the bulk of the solar panels installed when the cali regs went into effect were the cheaper versions lol

I remember many years ago on 60 minutes they ran a special on somewhere in China? where we had permission (the USA did) to ship our massive amounts of electronics trash - old blackberries, monitors, laptops, batteries. Anything electronic. They had landfills they loaded them up with.

There were towns and villages nearby. Years after the landfills were being filled, the area streams began to turn green, literally. Massive amounts of cancers were found in the residents. It ruined that part of the world.

Same thing with these panels. Idiots admitted to "having no future plan" regarding what to do with trashed panels. They can handle 1/10th of the load today.

Wait until all of the EV batteries start piling up.

Going green will poison the world.
Yep… after over two decades of trying to figure out chemical battery storage for large power, they just gave up and went lithium… imagine giant lithium battery storage plants for 100’s of megawats of power… well they have built one or two in California and they are about to do the same everywhere… guess what their plan is for that quantity of battery disposal when the lithium no longer holds a sufficient charge?

If you do guess, please tell them, because they don’t have a ******* clue

The people of the earth have polluted the oceans, the land, near earth orbit, and now the moon and Mars. There was never a plan to manage plastic. Use it once, throw it away. Now lithium. Use it once, throw it away. When will it be realized that all of our resources are limited? They must be used, and managed wisely.

2028 is when the majority of older fossil fuel plants are being retired… so expect that prediction to crumble during the national brownouts lol

2028 is when the majority of older fossil fuel plants are being retired… so expect that prediction to crumble during the national brownouts lol
One reason why we're moving to Florida in the near future. I can live in FL without air conditioning easier than I can live in PA without heat.

Green energy is expense and isn't very practical or, easy to store and use. Right now its not the answer. Maybe someday in the future green energy will be cheap and able to efficiently power cars, boats and houses but that day is not today. Watch out Ron! Florida will be under water some day so they say!

Instead of wasting money on what they call green energy, they should be investing in fusion research, nuclear energy. France has used nuclear energy safely for decades.

One reason why we're moving to Florida in the near future. I can live in FL without air conditioning easier than I can live in PA without heat.

That's a definite between heat and A/C. Just be prepared to sweat and lose your mind..lol. I had my ac go out for a week about 25 years ago in late July during a 98-101 degree heat wave. We also had a bunch of wildfires going,so blue smoke and ash dropping during that time. Inside the house got to 101-104. Spent a week at a hotel because it was a little much for my 2 year boy.

Under normal circumstances it's low to mid 90's in summer with humidity very high. Totally doable without small kids. You won't be happy, but you won't die. The other 6 months out of the year it's like Southern California weather.You don't need anything.

"jUst rEplAcE 270 MilliOn GaSS KaRs wItH EleekTriK KarS!!"
- Stupid liberals [redundancy alert]

The grid will be just fine. Regular folks like you and me aren't going to have a car in this liberal utopia. Only the elites will be driving. You and I will be using mass transit.

You and I will be using mass transit.

Sarcasm detected, but wanted to point to that phrase, mass transit. It always cracks me up when pundits discuss mass transit. Hello pundits, this isn't Europe where mass transit works.

We have pockets of mass transit. NYC is the best. You literally don't need a car.

I live in the DC area. There is a bus system and a subway/Metro. It's sort of partial mass transit. It sucks. You still need a car. Unless you live ON one of the lines, you aren't getting anywhere. LA, San Fran, etc are all similar...partial, sort-of mass transit.

How's mass transit gonna work in Kansas, Iowa, Florida, Arkansas, Minnesota?

Mass transit is a joke. We have one city that actually has it. One.

Sarcasm detected, but wanted to point to that phrase, mass transit. It always cracks me up when pundits discuss mass transit. Hello pundits, this isn't Europe where mass transit works.

We have pockets of mass transit. NYC is the best. You literally don't need a car.

I live in the DC area. There is a bus system and a subway/Metro. It's sort of partial mass transit. It sucks. You still need a car. Unless you live ON one of the lines, you aren't getting anywhere. LA, San Fran, etc are all similar...partial, sort-of mass transit.

It won't work in Wyoming. Also, you don't need a car if you stay in the city. Screw that. I'm out on dirt roads all the time. Ain't no mass transit whatever going to make that happen. And when we rock hound? How do we get them home? Cut fire wood? It's all a lie to keep folks in the cities.

No thanks.

"jUst rEplAcE 270 MilliOn GaSS KaRs wItH EleekTriK KarS!!"
- Stupid liberals [redundancy alert]

Unless these disposable electric appliances are forced upon us, with gasoline/diesel vehicles no longer produced, simple economics will dictate what people drive, and for the majority it won't be battery powered. As long as diesel is still available, I'll continue to drive my 25 year old, 300,000 mile F250.

Cannot believe you clowns are criticizing mass transit. Me? I know that buses and trains will wait for me, stop so I can get a cup of coffee, make sure to hit my dry cleaner, stop at the market on the way home so I can buy dinner. You losers simply fail to realize those undeniable facts.

It won't work in Wyoming. Also, you don't need a car if you stay in the city. Screw that. I'm out on dirt roads all the time. Ain't no mass transit whatever going to make that happen. And when we rock hound? How do we get them home? Cut fire wood? It's all a lie to keep folks in the cities.

No thanks.
Right, but the smart people at the WEF have already figured out that most everyone will live in cities because suburbs are a waste of land and energy, and we will only have enough people in the rural areas to produce food. You will own nothing and be happy.

Look, I think everyone realizes that it isn't going to work. When has that stopped the politicians in this country from implementing a destructive policy? You will own nothing, drive nothing, and do what the government tell you for whatever they feel like giving you. They'll still have limo's and personal cars and fly in private jets. You're gonna wait for the bus to go to the factory or field they assign you to.

Look, I think everyone realizes that it isn't going to work. When has that stopped the politicians in this country from implementing a destructive policy? You will own nothing, drive nothing, and do what the government tell you for whatever they feel like giving you. They'll still have limo's and personal cars and fly in private jets. You're gonna wait for the bus to go to the factory or field they assign you to.
And have tributes to compete in the Hunger Games every year. We are headed for one of these dystopian futures writers love so much and romanticize.

As of Aug 1st, I am retiring. With this in mind, I am changing my position on Universal incomes, Medicare for all and Nanny State handouts.
I am going to be starting a new fishing rod and lure company, and I will only have a R&D department with one employee. I hope. To get that Universal income to support me while doing all my research, as well as free health care.

My 55yo self has seen the light.

And have tributes to compete in the Hunger Games every year. We are headed for one of these dystopian futures writers love so much and romanticize.
That may be a little extreme, but I gotta admit, if it happened I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Right, but the smart people at the WEF have already figured out that most everyone will live in cities because suburbs are a waste of land and energy, and we will only have enough people in the rural areas to produce food. You will own nothing and be happy.
May the odds be ever in your favor!

It's such a good thing we have a Green Energy plan world wide to combat Global Warming Climate Change AGW+BStheory. Because as you can see....things have gotten drastically worse in just 5 years.

Weather.jpg