• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More green energy fails

They took the bribe and got burned.

Speaking of Green Energy fails :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Vancouver's all-electric fire truck is a disaster. Good article overall.

Well, the new e-truck will cost $300,000 more than a comparable diesel model, pump 40 per cent less water and have such a short range (30 km) because of its enormous weight that it will have to have backup diesel power in case it runs out of juice on the way to a blaze.

But, the city points out, it won’t give off diesel fumes and will be much quieter than existing diesel fire trucks. Oh, yeah, cause that’s what I’m most concerned about when my house is on fire – that the pumper might be a little too loud and stinky for the neighbours.

Speaking of Green Energy fails :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Vancouver's all-electric fire truck is a disaster. Good article overall.

Well, the new e-truck will cost $300,000 more than a comparable diesel model, pump 40 per cent less water and have such a short range (30 km) because of its enormous weight that it will have to have backup diesel power in case it runs out of juice on the way to a blaze.

But, the city points out, it won’t give off diesel fumes and will be much quieter than existing diesel fire trucks. Oh, yeah, cause that’s what I’m most concerned about when my house is on fire – that the pumper might be a little too loud and stinky for the neighbours.
If the electric battery catches on fire, will the truck be able to put itself out?

If the electric battery catches on fire, will the truck be able to put itself out?
Which is a bigger carbon footprint, a diesel fire truck or a house burning to the ground?

Which is a bigger carbon footprint, a diesel fire truck or a house burning to the ground?
What if a diesel fire truck shows up to fight the fire, but there are a lot of organic farting cows there, so they can't fight the fire, and the whole thing burns, cascading a trillion tons of toxic smoke into the atmosphere? Do we just hope the homeowner and cows are gay?

Lmfao. “Man must have a part in this…..nah. Nah. Only thing man is, he is just here”. Lol.

"They're on the gravy train."

Epic