• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More green energy fails

Heat and humidity will make you lose your ******* mind. Definitely get a war in the south over that...lol.. **** some nights you can walk out at 10 pm and start pouring sweat in 5 min. I get really cranky when I'm overheated.
It's not uncommon in the summer for the overnight low in Phoenix to drop all the way down to 95. It's a dry heat, but then again so is your oven.

It's not uncommon in the summer for the overnight low in Phoenix to drop all the way down to 95. It's a dry heat, but then again so is your oven.
I was traveling to Phoenix (Mesa) some years back for military schooling at Boeing. I struck up a conversation with a woman at a bar in the Detroit airport, and she asked where I was headed. When I told her, she said “I’ll give you three reasons to never go to Phoenix. June, July and August.” Still gives me a chuckle 20 years later. Had a good time though. I think we went tubing on the Salt River damn near every weekend.

I was traveling to Phoenix (Mesa) some years back for military schooling at Boeing. I struck up a conversation with a woman at a bar in the Detroit airport, and she asked where I was headed. When I told her, she said “I’ll give you three reasons to never go to Phoenix. June, July and August.” Still gives me a chuckle 20 years later. Had a good time though. I think we went tubing on the Salt River damn near every weekend.
I did enjoy that until our cooler went over and people grabbed all of our drinks.

I can't imagine thinking Phoenix is nice. The heat, the huge crowds, traffic, costs,..... never.

The great thing about Phoenix is that Flagstaff is less than a 2-hour drive.

The great thing about Phoenix is that Flagstaff is less than a 2-hour drive.
I visited Flagstaff, Sonora and the Grand Canyon while I was there. The temperature difference between those places and the valley is startling. I was most amazed at being able to look down on the blanket of smog covering the valley from the Superstition Mountains.

I did enjoy that until our cooler went over and people grabbed all of our drinks.

I can't imagine thinking Phoenix is nice. The heat, the huge crowds, traffic, costs,..... never.
You can get a lot of young skanks to show their wares by tossing them a beer from your tube.

You can get a lot of young skanks to show their wares by tossing them a beer from your tube.
I'm well passed being interested in skanks, young or old.

Fat Americans making earth wobble. Ban fast food!

Probably just cause for mail in ballots. You shouldn't go out if the world be wobbling.

Man-Made Wobble is here sooner than expected.

1.59 milliseconds sooner, to be exact.

I knew that day was shorter.

One thing no one talks about is the fact that in 2020 the world drastically slashed emissions, not by choice, and it did not decrease the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere at all. But yeah, the US puts up a few solar panels and the world is totally gonna cool off!

The most surprising result, the authors noted, is that while carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions fell by 5.4% in 2020, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere continued to grow at about the same rate as in preceding years. “During previous socioeconomic disruptions, like the 1973 oil shortage, you could immediately see a change in the growth rate of CO2,” said David Schimel, head of JPL’s carbon group and a co-author of the study. “We all expected to see it this time, too.”

Using data from NASA’s Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 satellite launched in 2014 and the NASA Goddard Earth Observing System atmospheric model, the researchers identified several reasons for this result. First, while the 5.4% drop in emissions was significant, the growth in atmospheric concentrations was within the normal range of year-to-year variation caused by natural processes. Also, the ocean didn’t absorb as much CO2 from the atmosphere as it has in recent years – probably in an unexpectedly rapid response to the reduced pressure of CO2 in the air at the ocean’s surface.

A jaguar just caught fire. Last week a school bus. Seems these batteries catch fire regularly.

The school district that had the electric bus fire replaced all 12 of the electric buses with diesel powered ones. Much safer.