• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More green energy fails

Texas' devotion to green energy - because the state unfortunately has no alternative energy sources - continues to succeed.

T. Boone Pickens sure grifted them good.

An electric bus caught fire in Connecticut. They replaced the buses with diesel powered busses. Smart move.

I know we are cheering for green energy failures, but if they are going to force this on us, and it appears they are going to force it on us, I would rather it work.

I know we are cheering for green energy failures, but if they are going to force this on us, and it appears they are going to force it on us, I would rather it work.

No doubt, but right now petroleum is by far the most affordable and efficient energy source available. Nature jammed so much potential energy into petroleum that it represents a stored power plant in each barrel of oil.

Renewables will be a better alternative as technology improves. However, ignoring the current state of energy is really no different than forcing hospitals to use "green" antibiotics while limiting the use of demonstrably effective antibiotics because of global warm warming or something.

If the Southwest barely has enough electricity to run air conditioning, how are they going to charge several million electric cars?

Ban air conditioning… you laugh but it’s absolutely on the far left agenda…
Only for us. Silicon Valley and D.C. will still have A/C and heat.

Here is what common peons like us don’t understand.. “going green “ never meant replacing all fossil fuel power with equal green energy sources… it means banning fossil fuels and rationing energy to fit what green sources can provide..

When Germany boasted of a record day when 72% of tgeir power was from green energy, that wasn’t because they produced more… that was them shutting down so many power drains that what they had supplied 72% of their needs…

Say goodbye to high power draws like climate control or most manufacturing industry… all those jobs can go to china or india where they burn cheap coal.. but that's ok … that atmosphere is somehow not connected to ours, right?

If the Southwest barely has enough electricity to run air conditioning, how are they going to charge several million electric cars?
They’re not going to because the commoners aren’t going to have a car, electric or otherwise.

Here is what common peons like us don’t understand.. “going green “ never meant replacing all fossil fuel power with equal green energy sources… it means banning fossil fuels and rationing energy to fit what green sources can provide..

When Germany boasted of a record day when 72% of tgeir power was from green energy, that wasn’t because they produced more… that was them shutting down so many power drains that what they had supplied 72% of their needs…

Say goodbye to high power draws like climate control or most manufacturing industry… all those jobs can go to china or india where they burn cheap coal.. but that's ok … that atmosphere is somehow not connected to ours, right?
Yep, heard on the radio today they are about to start rationing gas in Europe. Gasoline availability has been cut by 15% thanks to Russia, and they expect it to get worse by winter. Hope those green energy initiatives are in full swing.

One reason why we're moving to Florida in the near future. I can live in FL without air conditioning easier than I can live in PA without heat.
I'd have to disagree with you there. I can bundle up and chip wood if necessary. Heat and humidity will kill you too

I love the idea of green energy. I can see us transitioning to this over the next 100 years. Dont see how it can be done any faster if they want it done right

Texas' devotion to green energy - because the state unfortunately has no alternative energy sources - continues to succeed.

More power to the lightning strike but did the grid notice any change?

Would be fascinating if we could somehow harness and store the power from lightning.

iu

Absolutely!!!Their air is way over there! You're such a great forward thinking progressive! You must have gone to Harvard or UVA!

I'd have to disagree with you there. I can bundle up and chip wood if necessary. Heat and humidity will kill you too

Heat and humidity will make you lose your ******* mind. Definitely get a war in the south over that...lol.. **** some nights you can walk out at 10 pm and start pouring sweat in 5 min. I get really cranky when I'm overheated.

Heat and humidity will make you lose your ******* mind. Definitely get a war in the south over that...lol.. **** some nights you can walk out at 10 pm and start pouring sweat in 5 min. I get really cranky when I'm overheated.
I get cranky when it's cool....I FN lose it when it's hot out unless I'm sitting on a beach and there's a cooler or a bar nearby. Wintertime is no problem...🤣

I get cranky when it's cool....I FN lose it when it's hot out unless I'm sitting on a beach and there's a cooler or a bar nearby. Wintertime is no problem...🤣
Winter isn't an issue here. Low humidity makes cold a non issue.

You could give me a mansion on the beach in Florida and I doubt I would stay passed the escrow needed to sell it. Humidity sucks.

Reactions: JMM
Renewables will be a better alternative as technology improves. However, ignoring the current state of energy is really no different than forcing hospitals to use "green" antibiotics while limiting the use of demonstrably effective antibiotics because of global warm warming or something.
I can get "green" embalming fluid, meaning it doesn't have formaldehyde, for either if someone wants it or for burial in a certified "green" cemetery, of which we have one in western PA. Never used it myself but I'm told it doesn't work as well. But as my old boss use to say, "We're not embalming the Pope here. The hands and face have to look good for two days, now hurry up."