• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Musk fired 80% of Twitter employees - Twitter is better

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Musk decision to fire 80% of Twitter employees shows that a whole hell of a lot of people earning a lot of money at work are in reality basically worthless. For private enterprise, if they want to waste their money on meaningless employees, oh well - don't care. Not the same for government employees, since by definition the government gets its money by force from productive Americans.

Therefore, if we fired a large number of civilian government employees, I can basically guarantee that nobody notices. I still remember the screeching panic about the "government shutdown" in 1995-1996, and the fact that NOBODY. NOTICED. The news had to search far-and-wide for some old lady who wanted to visit Yosemite over Christmas - and that was it.

Time to test this theory. Start by firing 20% of civilian (that is, non-military, police, law enforcement, and prosecutorial positions) personnel. See that nobody notices. Keep firing until we achieve a level of government employment that is "sustainable." Don't liberals love things that are "sustainable"?

I’m about to be that fat cut. I Do a **** ton. Shhhh.

Sadly if we don't cut EVERY department of FedGov INC by at least 40% we are going to have economic and then societal collapse. In the last hubbub over a shut down I saw a quote by I believe Dr Walter E Williams that said if the Government Employees that were being furloughed were non-essential why did they have jobs in the first place.

Sadly if we don't cut EVERY department of FedGov INC by at least 40% we are going to have economic and then societal collapse. In the last hubbub over a shut down I saw a quote by I believe Dr Walter E Williams that said if the Government Employees that were being furloughed were non-essential why did they have jobs in the first place.

A great many departments need completely dissolved. Some rebuild from the ground up which would include all of the 3 letter agencies.

I agree. Most of the three letter agencies need to disappear.

The Musk decision to fire 80% of Twitter employees shows that a whole hell of a lot of people earning a lot of money at work are in reality basically worthless. For private enterprise, if they want to waste their money on meaningless employees, oh well - don't care. Not the same for government employees, since by definition the government gets its money by force from productive Americans.

Therefore, if we fired a large number of civilian government employees, I can basically guarantee that nobody notices. I still remember the screeching panic about the "government shutdown" in 1995-1996, and the fact that NOBODY. NOTICED. The news had to search far-and-wide for some old lady who wanted to visit Yosemite over Christmas - and that was it.

Time to test this theory. Start by firing 20% of civilian (that is, non-military, police, law enforcement, and prosecutorial positions) personnel. See that nobody notices. Keep firing until we achieve a level of government employment that is "sustainable." Don't liberals love things that are "sustainable"?
Oh...I noticed! We, the military, were told that our pay would be paused until the government reboots. It never came to that, but a lot of us were sweating. We don't make much as it is and I was renting a house on the British economy waiting for base housing to become available. I didn't want to be homeless. lol

Government is the largest employer. There's something amiss when the number of government employees nearly double those in all of manufacturing.

Government employment grew from 22,216,000 in September to 22,235,000 in October, according to BLS, while manufacturing jobs dropped from 12,267,000 to 12,258,000. This chart plots the number of manufacturing employees and the number of government employees.

I work for a state government. My co worker is a worthless piece of turd. But, he claims ADA grievances', does nothing, and keeps his job. No one likes him. Since I have come here our data has gone from the lowest in the whole state, to second highest. He does not prepare his students, so their failing rates drive my numbers down. Now he is trying to say it's my fault. I am going to fight this like nobody's business. I can lose my job. I don't care. But, I'll be pollywogged if I let my reputation fall to this clown's stupid.

Government is like that. Pond scum runs it, and it does little good.

I work for a state government. My co worker is a worthless piece of turd. But, he claims ADA grievances', does nothing, and keeps his job. No one likes him. Since I have come here our data has gone from the lowest in the whole state, to second highest. He does not prepare his students, so their failing rates drive my numbers down. Now he is trying to say it's my fault. I am going to fight this like nobody's business. I can lose my job. I don't care. But, I'll be pollywogged if I let my reputation fall to this clown's stupid.

Government is like that. Pond scum runs it, and it does little good.
Give em hell Dj...and keep up the good work!

"Let’s close the place down and see if anybody notices."
Ronald Reagan, 1995, on the federal government shutdown.

So, I too, am a fed. Mea culpa. I work for one of those 3 letter agencies... the one created in 2003 from the aftermath of 9/11 (See if you can guess which one!?!)

I'm a federal LEO, just over 4 months from retirement. Mandatory retirement would've come in March of next year, but I decided to go right after eligibility, for several reasons. Policies installed by democrat presidencies ("Prosecutorial discretion", "Priorities") have handcuffed us, despite many of us wanting to go out and do our jobs. Politics is thick in just about every office I go to. Morale is low. Management is too top-heavy. Then add in the fact that many of the slugs I call co-workers get away with doing absolutely nothing. Yes, laziness has infiltrated even the LEO ranks. This new crop of officers, for the most part, think they know a lot but have the work ethic of this generation, i.e., they're entitled. So, yes, it's time for me to ride off into the sunset.

Funny, I'm a government worker who routinely advocates for smaller government. My kids said I'm just like Ron Swanson in that regard. So they gave me this, which sits atop my file cabinet to this day:

pop-television-parks-rec--ron-swanson-vinyl-fi-alt-1.jpg

Reactions: JMM