• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My thoughts on today...

Be more specific. And tell me what was accomplished today, if you would.

Last edited:
Protests and marches absolutely do have an effect.... the anti war protesters during Vietnam most definitely influenced the politics of the time... as did the civil rights marches.

As you said, the Vietnam protests absolutely influenced politics, and influenced policy that caused probably thousands more to come home in body bags that probably didn't have to. Not all protests yield positive results.

So I work for a living and don't have the time or concern to follow protests. Seriously. Occupy Wall St., and live in tents and your own ****? Get a job.

What solution did the protesters offer? I mean, I can protest death in general. Death sucks. Death is worse than the Nazis. Who favors death??

So I protest. I offer no solution. No progress occurs, and death continues unabated.

Protests and marches absolutely do have an effect.... the anti war protesters during Vietnam most definitely influenced the politics of the time... as did the civil rights marches.

A contractor dumps toxic waste in my neighborhood. My neighbors take to the streets and protest. I take the contractor to court. Contractor has to remediate and pay restitution.
Protesters: “See...protests work”.

RollRed doesn't understand that he has been a useful idiot for others political needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I was in my functional classroom for ASL during that time, and I can assure you that not only did no child leave the classroom. they had no clue as to what was going on. We did have a 17 minute period of reflection (silence was NOT happening) and "brain break". I don't know if we had kids in the GenEd classes leave or not. I don't care.

You know, I stand corrected. Reading a bunch of stories of kids assaulting other kids at these rallies, jumping on police cars, tearing down the flag. There is no hope.

spring break week at my daughter's school. nevertheless, she knows better than to participate in some bullshit like this.

half those tide pod eaters were experiencing their first time outside since deleting the PokemonGo app from their phone. Half of the other half were snapchatting to the kids still in the buildings, while half of that half was not even paying attention. Maybe 10-15 total knew what the **** was about and gave an autistic screech to have more of their rights curtailed, but by and large, the majority of these kids were just wanting out of school.

then you have the animals who have no idea how to act in public, beating up teachers, ripping the flag down and acting like they are the ones in need of making schools into prisons since that will be their forwarding address in a few years.

spring break week at my daughter's school. nevertheless, she knows better than to participate in some bullshit like this.

My little spring breaker is currently running a stick weedeater in a local cemetery for 40 hours. Flexing his white priv I mean trying to earn money to pay for gas and insurance. Even if school was in, he'd never join in this charade.

My little spring breaker is currently running a stick weedeater in a local cemetery for 40 hours. Flexing his white priv I mean trying to earn money to pay for gas and insurance. Even if school was in, he'd never join in this charade.

My white priv...I mean my family is going to Panama City Beach for Spring Break in a couple of weeks.

half those tide pod eaters were experiencing their first time outside since deleting the PokemonGo app from their phone. Half of the other half were snapchatting to the kids still in the buildings, while half of that half was not even paying attention. Maybe 10-15 total knew what the **** was about and gave an autistic screech to have more of their rights curtailed, but by and large, the majority of these kids were just wanting out of school.

That wasn't the case at our school. Most of my kids' friends put a lot of thought into their decision and into what they wanted to say (and what they didn't) with it. The speeches from what I heard were thoughtful and intelligent and respectful of opposing viewpoints. There is room for intelligent people to disagree on this issue.

I don't think we give kids this age enough credit. At least where I live, sure, there are the tide pod eaters and the followers and the space cadets, but there are also a lot of super-smart, super-motivated and very caring kids. I think they are getting a bad rap in all of this.

It's funny how many people brag about how great their own kids are but then act like the rest of the kids in the country are all a bunch of clueless morons. It's just not the case in my experience.

It's funny how many people brag about how great their own kids are but then act like the rest of the kids in the country are all a bunch of clueless morons. It's just not the case in my experience.

A lot of kids in this country prove that they are clueless morons with their words and actions. They lack parental guidance.

How many protests and movements do you know of that net immediate same-day results ? Name some

I have a DNC Sludge Fund meeting twice per day that nets immediate results and improves functionality.

So I work for a living and don't have the time or concern to follow protests. Seriously. Occupy Wall St., and live in tents and your own ****? Get a job.

What solution did the protesters offer? I mean, I can protest death in general. Death sucks. Death is worse than the Nazis. Who favors death??

So I protest. I offer no solution. No progress occurs, and death continues unabated.

How are you finding out the employment status of folks that protest ? Or are you assuming folks that protest don't work ?

As for solutions-- they are offering. Have you listened at all to the suggestions they've made or do you just place your head in Fox's box and allow the flood of spin prop to take hold. Ive listened and ive heard what they want from these protests--they want a more comprehensive gun control measure that includes but is not limited to extensive background checks, limits on access to firearms by those who demonstrate violent tendencies, those who might be immediate threats to the public and strong limitations or bans on high capacity rifles like the AR15 that seems to be the weapon of choice in these mass killings.

What they aren't asking for is a gun ban. They aren't interested in your ******* 2nd amendment rights. They have never suggested an all out gun ban. That aint ever gonna happen in this society. They know that.

I know for a fact that if the next 20 cop fatalities were at the hands of assailants with an AR15, that there would be a faster movement on stricter regulations on that style of weapon. I guarantee that **** would be on a bill by April 1st. Its interesting, that a lady loses her pet dog to being stuffed in an overhead compartment and a bill is being proposed by a congressional member to change that policy but we have humans...HUMANS being mowed down by these guns and some with accessories like bumpstocks and its cricketsville in Washington. And I don't have to tell you why DC personalities wont do a goddamn thing.

Anyways, to my question--where are you finding out the employment statuses of protestors ? serious inquiry

My 2 cents.
1). Protests / marches don’t solve anything...they are for attention seekers who are waiting on someone else to fix whatever issue is on the table.
2). If there was some psycho copycat out there looking for the mother of all headlines, they were handing him /her the perfect opportunity today by herding a group of kids out in the open ripe for the picking. Thank god that didn’t happen.

Bullshit ..total bullshit statement...Protests have changed things massively in the world and in our country. Ill give you just two examples for America..Boston Tea Party --which led the American Revolution and the Civil Rights protests that led to blacks and minorities being granted the right to vote. There are several more like the Labor Movements, States Rights Movements, Gender equality movements etc.

A lot of kids in this country prove that they are clueless morons with their words and actions. They lack parental guidance.

Of course some are. I just think many who are not are being lumped into that category, which is unfortunate and not really fair.

How are you finding out the employment status of folks that protest ? Or are you assuming folks that protest don't work ?

As for solutions-- they are offering. Have you listened at all to the suggestions they've made or do you just place your head in Fox's box and allow the flood of spin prop to take hold. Ive listened and ive heard what they want from these protests--they want a more comprehensive gun control measure that includes but is not limited to extensive background checks, limits on access to firearms by those who demonstrate violent tendencies, those who might be immediate threats to the public and strong limitations or bans on high capacity rifles like the AR15 that seems to be the weapon of choice in these mass killings.

What they aren't asking for is a gun ban. They aren't interested in your ******* 2nd amendment rights. They have never suggested an all out gun ban. That aint ever gonna happen in this society. They know that.

I know for a fact that if the next 20 cop fatalities were at the hands of assailants with an AR15, that there would be a faster movement on stricter regulations on that style of weapon. I guarantee that **** would be on a bill by April 1st. Its interesting, that a lady loses her pet dog to being stuffed in an overhead compartment and a bill is being proposed by a congressional member to change that policy but we have humans...HUMANS being mowed down by these guns and some with accessories like bumpstocks and its cricketsville in Washington. And I don't have to tell you why DC personalities wont do a goddamn thing.

Anyways, to my question--where are you finding out the employment statuses of protestors ? serious inquiry

Here are the demands the organizers of this walkout are promoting -
-- Ban assault weapons;
-- Require universal background checks before gun sales;
-- Pass a gun violence restraining order law that would allow courts to disarm people who display warning signs of violent behavior.

This was an organized protest, organized by some mob called EMPOWER, with the intent of communicating these goals to congress. The headlines, however, are things like "Students Demand New Gun Laws".

Regarding protesters and their employment status, it doesn't take much common sense to figure that out.

Bullshit ..total bullshit statement...Protests have changed things massively in the world and in our country. Ill give you just two examples for America..Boston Tea Party --which led the American Revolution and the Civil Rights protests that led to blacks and minorities being granted the right to vote. There are several more like the Labor Movements, States Rights Movements, Gender equality movements etc.

No. Action makes changes. It’s kind of like those commercials where the guard in the bank doesn’t stop the robbers because he is just a security monitor not a security guard. I don’t need a bunch of people standing around making people “aware” of a problem they everyone already knows about. They are really waiting for someone else to take the necessary action to make change. They are usually just attention ******.

When workers strike, it is not the picketing that ultimately causes a solution. It is loss of wages or loss of productivity or whatever leverage applies in that particular situation. Hate to break that news to you.

That wasn't the case at our school. Most of my kids' friends put a lot of thought into their decision and into what they wanted to say (and what they didn't) with it. The speeches from what I heard were thoughtful and intelligent and respectful of opposing viewpoints. There is room for intelligent people to disagree on this issue.

I don't think we give kids this age enough credit.
At least where I live, sure, there are the tide pod eaters and the followers and the space cadets, but there are also a lot of super-smart, super-motivated and very caring kids. I think they are getting a bad rap in all of this.

I agree with this Bus. I've watched the changes firsthand in my own, and my friends kids who all grew up together. Milennials are known for doing some stupid ****, but their world views as foreign as they seem to us, are pretty cool at times. For instance, they could give a **** who wins. They've had so many trophys for participation that they don't care. They'd sooner pick a kid for their team that they care for than the kid who can whoop everyone's ***. Will be interesting to see what becomes of ALL professional sports for this reason alone.

As to this gun debate, they should be heard from as well. Keeping in mind that their minds aren't fully developed or warped by real world experiences. I find it unfortunate that the kids who are the face of this current social crisis are only sought out, and pushed as evidence for theirs and the medias anti-gun views. That's the problem with 17 minutes.