• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My thoughts on today...

Hell, now schools are stuck if a kid has an IEP because you can only suspend them for X amount of days per year. In our case it's 10 days. So, not surprisingly, the 10 worst behaved kids in the school are all on IEP's and have all been already kicked out for the max of 10 days already.....**** they had 10 suspension days racked up by December. Guess what? No more suspensions for them! Short of trying to kill somebody we are stuck with them. We can use an in school suspension in a limited capacity but they cannot be kicked out again.

There were bomb scares at my daughters middle school on consecutive days. Evacuations, sweeps with dogs, etc. They caught the kids and gave them 10 days. I thought they should have been expelled.

Expulsion is a JOKE. We have kids who get expelled, leave for the rest of the semester, and come back again. I thought expelled meant NEVER TO COME BACK TO THAT SCHOOL AGAIN. It teaches them nothing. Kids smart off all the time to go to In School Suspension- they like it. They don't care.

Expulsion is a JOKE. We have kids who get expelled, leave for the rest of the semester, and come back again. I thought expelled meant NEVER TO COME BACK TO THAT SCHOOL AGAIN. It teaches them nothing. Kids smart off all the time to go to In School Suspension- they like it. They don't care.

Yep kids get in school suspension on purpose all the time. And short of trying to kill somebody they always bring the kids back no matter what. 10 days out and mental health evaluation (which ALWAYS says they are safe to return to school) is the best you can do to them.

Yep kids get in school suspension on purpose all the time. And short of trying to kill somebody they always bring the kids back no matter what. 10 days out and mental health evaluation (which ALWAYS says they are safe to return to school) is the best you can do to them.

That's why I posted that thread in Concession Stand- about the girl we have who is very violent and harms staff. She is allowed back because of her autism, which I think is BULLSHIT.

my gf's son got into a fight at school. He and the other kid were each given a one-day vacation.
which just teaches them that when you get in trouble at school, you get to go home for a day and not go to school. Since parents work, the kid can easily just go back to sleep if the parent chooses to wake them on their "vacation day" - or they can spend the day reconnecting the PS4, XBOX or whatever.

ISS when I was in school was a pain in the ***. No talking. No sleeping at your desk. You did your assigned work and turned it in. If you had nothing to do, you were to read your class book. If you finished the entire book, you were to re-read it. If you re-read it and still had nothing to do, you were to copy the book and rewrite it.

my gf's son got into a fight at school. He and the other kid were each given a one-day vacation.
which just teaches them that when you get in trouble at school, you get to go home for a day and not go to school. Since parents work, the kid can easily just go back to sleep if the parent chooses to wake them on their "vacation day" - or they can spend the day reconnecting the PS4, XBOX or whatever.

ISS when I was in school was a pain in the ***. No talking. No sleeping at your desk. You did your assigned work and turned it in. If you had nothing to do, you were to read your class book. If you finished the entire book, you were to re-read it. If you re-read it and still had nothing to do, you were to copy the book and rewrite it.

ISS was that way for me too. You had to do all your work to stay current in class, but were given zeros for it. Most times it only took once in there for a kid to straighten out- if not for the boredom, then for his parents reaming his *** for failing classes because of the zeros.

Tomorrow another school walkout is planned at 10 AM supposedly in remembrance of Columbine or something. That and it's 420 I spose. Warn your little sheeple.

Tomorrow another school walkout is planned at 10 AM supposedly in remembrance of Columbine or something. That and it's 420 I spose. Warn your little sheeple.