• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nancy Pelosi says Trump is morbidly obese

He may be unfit for office, but if that's the real case, he beat Hillary(like it or not) and then he is going to defeat Crazy Joe. If he's "unfit", what does it say about the gov't fossils the Dems are trotting out against him? It should be a slam dunk to beat him, but we all know that will not be the case.

I don't know what to say about drinking Clorox. If you are stupid enough to take what he says per vadum, then you probably need to be told not eat Tide Pods, too. I can also help with the instructions on your tiolet paper. . .

It's a bit more than that, oftb. From FDA's website: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Not sure where you're getting the 'media dishonesty' angle on this.

Again, for those sitting in the back, this is straight from the FDA website:

Trump is an imbecile who is acting in a wildly reckless and irresponsible manner regarding this issue (among so many others). He is clearly unfit for the office of President. Remember, it is due to him that clorox carries this warning as a pop-up on their website:

https://www.clorox.com/

[/LEFT]

NO it is due to the dishonest media falsely reporting what he said about Clorox, period. As far as taking this medicine as a preventative it is used that way ALL THE TIME for malaria, I don't get the big ******* deal? It might or might not prevent Covid-19 but it sure as hell can be used in a safe manner to prevent malaria. https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf
Absolute proof that the hysteria over him taking an "unsafe drug" is absolute ******* fiction.

NO it is due to the dishonest media falsely reporting what he said about Clorox, period. As far as taking this medicine as a preventative it is used that way ALL THE TIME for malaria, I don't get the big ******* deal? It might or might not prevent Covid-19 but it sure as hell can be used in a safe manner to prevent malaria. https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf
Absolute proof that the hysteria over him taking an "unsafe drug" is absolute ******* fiction.

Trump said it might be good = it MUST be bad. The media and lefties don't put any more thought into it than that trust me.

If Trump said oxygen is healthy, CNN would encourage that everyone hold their breath until they die.....cuz orange man bad.

Sums it up nicely.

DwgREIyUcAAUV3-.jpg

It's a bit more than that, oftb. From FDA's website: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Not sure where you're getting the 'media dishonesty' angle on this.

Again, for those sitting in the back, this is straight from the FDA website:

Trump is an imbecile who is acting in a wildly reckless and irresponsible manner regarding this issue (among so many others). He is clearly unfit for the office of President. Remember, it is due to him that clorox carries this warning as a pop-up on their website:

https://www.clorox.com/

[/LEFT]
Great to have you back, Tibsy. Hope yer rock isn't too lonely.

Are you suggesting that you actually care for Trump's health? That would seem to be in opposition to your stated criticisms.
Would you not be more happy with Pence?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hydroxychloroquine is an FDA approved drug. Approved drugs are used off label by doctors all the time. They recommend it only be used in a hospital setting, but they cannot ban a doctor from prescribing it and many around the world are doing that.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/no-fda-cant-stop-doctors-prescribing-chloroquine

resident Trump’s recent comments that the antimalarial drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine might turn around the coronavirus pandemic have stirred an uproar. The governors of New York and Nevada even issued executive orders that restrict doctors from using the drugs.

The clamor reveals the misperception over the power that the Food and Drug Administration has over doctors’ clinical decisions. And though the FDA last weekend granted emergency authorization for the drugs to be added to the Strategic National Stockpile for use in treating hospitalized COVID-19 patients, the agency does not have the final say over how doctors use drugs that it’s approved. What it can do is prevent or delay urgently needed drugs from getting to patients through its approval process.

At a previous Coronavirus Task Force briefing, President Trump incorrectly told the press that the antimalarial drug chloroquine had already gone through the FDA’s approval process for the treatment of COVID-19 infection. He was later corrected by the FDA commissioner, who said the approval process had not and will not be completed until controlled clinical trials have convinced the agency. People might therefore conclude that doctors are not legally permitted to prescribe chloroquine, or its analog hydroxychloroquine, to treat COVID-19 infections. In fact, doctors around the globe, including in the U.S., are already using these and other drugs to treat their patients, and reporting on their findings in the peer‐​reviewed medical literature.

In the March issue of the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, a group of French medical researchers reported on chloroquine’s potential based on their experience with a small group of patients. A Chinese medical team reported similar encouraging results in early February. Researchers at the University of Washington in Seattle are using chloroquine to treat their COVID-19 patients, with one of its research associates calling the results thus far “very promising.” And a report in the Wall Street Journal by two physicians, including the director of the Division of Infectious Disease at the University of Kansas Medical Center, also touts the drug’s potential.

The use of chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine, and other drugs (such as azithromycin and antiviral drugs used against HIV) to treat COVID-19 are examples of “off‐​label” prescribing. Ironically, once a drug is approved for the treatment of the condition for which it was initially intended, the FDA does not restrict its use in other situations. This is called “off‐​label,” because the label is only allowed to state the condition for which its use was FDA‐​approved.

The possible coronavirus cure is said to be pending government approval. But physicians have a way around that.

Clinicians use drugs “off‐​label” very frequently. In fact, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, “one in five prescriptions written today are for off‐​label use.” An example of this in my specialty of general surgery is the antibiotic erythromycin to treat paralyzed intrinsic muscles of the stomach, a condition called gastric atony.

The public misperception over the FDA’s control of clinicians derives from “mission creep” in the drug approval process. Prior to 1962, drug makers had to convince the FDA their product was safe to consume and had proper information about use and dosage on their labels. The 1962 Kefauver‐​Harris Amendments to the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938 added the burden of proving the drug’s efficacy in treating the condition for which it was developed.

Efficacy requirements add years to the approval process. It is reasonable to wonder why, after doctors wait all this time to get permission to treat their patients with a drug for condition A, the FDA in principle then trusts them to use their clinical judgment to treat conditions B through Z. Why not skip the efficacy component of the approval process altogether and speed things up? Most of what clinicians read in journals or observe at conferences deal with the efficacy and comparative effectiveness of various medications and procedures to treat health conditions. This informs their off‐​label prescribing.

Many years often pass before clinical trials convince the FDA to update its approved use of a drug to include what had been an off‐​label use. Aspirin had been used off‐​label to prevent recurrent strokes and heart attacks for many years before the FDA approved it for that purpose.

The FDA may eventually approve chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine, and other drugs for the treatment of the coronavirus. But that could be a long while off. In the meantime, it is important for people to know that clinicians are not prohibited from prescribing these drugs now.

Only pure dumbasses think that the FDA would approve anything in a short or even reasonable amount of time.

https://www.sermo.com/press-release...atment-patterns-and-puts-pandemic-in-context/

Treatments & Efficacy

The three most commonly prescribed treatments amongst COVID-19 treaters are 56% analgesics, 41% Azithromycin, and 33% Hydroxychloroquine
Hydroxychloroquine usage amongst COVID-19 treaters is 72% in Spain, 49% in Italy, 41% in Brazil, 39% in Mexico, 28% in France, 23% in the U.S., 17% in Germany, 16% in Canada, 13% in the UK and 7% in Japan
Hydroxychloroquine was overall chosen as the most effective therapy amongst COVID-19 treaters from a list of 15 options (37% of COVID-19 treaters)
75% in Spain, 53% Italy, 44% in China, 43% in Brazil, 29% in France, 23% in the U.S. and 13% in the U.K.
The two most common treatment regimens for Hydroxychloroquine were:
(38%) 400mg twice daily on day one; 400 mg daily for five days
(26%) 400mg twice daily on day one; 200mg twice daily for four days
Outside the U.S., Hydroxychloroquine was equally used for diagnosed patients with mild to severe symptoms whereas in the U.S. it was most commonly used for high risk diagnosed patients
Globally, 19% of physicians prescribed or have seen Hydroxychloroquine prophylactically used for high risk patients, and 8% for low risk patients

I guess docs all over the world are prescribing this just because Trump said so. Not because they've seen any efficacy or the fact that it is a decades old, almost universally safe drug.

You do know that Tylenol causes fatal liver damage in some people, yet millions of people around the world take it every day.

The FDA also has an interest in not having mobs of people run to their doctors for prescriptions to take this drug prophylactically, particularly when the virus itself is mild or asymptomatic in the vast majority of people who get it. In that sense Trump was probably better off keeping quiet about it.

Last edited:
I took chloroquine for malaria prophylaxis first time I went to Afghanistan. Had some very weird, vivid, all too realistic dreams, but that was about all it did to me.

You know, everything she said is 100% true and correct. That went right over your heads, obviously.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When Nancy Pelosi cuts a man down to size, she serves it cold. <a href="https://t.co/4PnX8mRQTU">pic.twitter.com/4PnX8mRQTU</a></p>— Mark Elliott (@markmobility) <a href="https://twitter.com/markmobility/status/1262796689456410628?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

And as you bend yourselves backwards having a pseudo-hissy fit over Pelosi's words, you completely ignore what a ******* lunatic Trump is, popping pills left and right like a homeless junkie under a bridge.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">How to hydroxychloroquine <a href="https://t.co/yMObDCFGXS">pic.twitter.com/yMObDCFGXS</a></p>— Sarah Cooper (@sarahcpr) <a href="https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1262583362079936512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Again, Pelosi states that 'it is not a good idea' for the President to be taking drugs like this. I wonder why she would say something like that?

Adverse Effects of Hydroxychloroquine, Chloroquine, and Azithromycin
https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/adverse-effects-hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-azithromycin

As with everything else in the Trump world, the reaction to this is....um, inexplicable, to nobody's suprise. Afterall, this is the recklessness and the upside-down, make-believe world that's kept the Trump base ticking for the better part of the past three years.

Unlike the Speaker, I had over 45 years worth of clinical experience dispensing hydroxychloroquine. Odd that none of my patients died as a result, but please keep pushing the ideology.

I took chloroquine for malaria prophylaxis first time I went to Afghanistan. Had some very weird, vivid, all too realistic dreams, but that was about all it did to me.

I get those from taking Ambien. LOL

Unlike the Speaker, I had over 45 years worth of clinical experience dispensing hydroxychloroquine. Odd that none of my patients died as a result, but please keep pushing the ideology.

"Facts? We don't need no stinking facts."

/s Dr. Tibs

I thought ''fat shaming'' was not politically correct and not allowed?

I thought ''fat shaming'' was not politically correct and not allowed?

Oh a lot of things are allowed where Trump is concerned. I see sweet loving liberals every day on social media wishing for his death and the death of everyone in his family.

And I used to think the hate for W was extreme.

Mike Kelly, Congressman from Butler PA, unbeknownest to me, had a Covid 19 infection that he fought off, at 72. With a little help from.........wait for it.....HCQ. Good on him.
If you forward to 3:18, you will see him attempt to have a cogent conversation with a mentally challenged, homeless person.

Mike Kelly, Congressman from Butler PA, unbeknownest to me, had a Covid 19 infection that he fought off, at 72. With a little help from.........wait for it.....HCQ. Good on him.
Well, he was obviously trying to commit an assisted suicide. And he can stand to lose a few pounds.

What can you tell us about the potential effects of alcohol abuse on Nancy's liver?

Oh, and I really enjoyed Chris Cuomo's comments on the subject. I'd like to compare the list of chemicals Trump puts in his body on a daily basis against the list of chemicals Chris Cuomo puts in his body on a daily basis....

If you forward to 3:18, you will see him attempt to have a cogent conversation with a mentally challenged, homeless person.

Good one. I knew what was coming, debated which one of those fine, fit ladies would make the stupid comment.

And wow, Joyless Behar did not disappoint. "I can't believe anybody with a brain would take that drug."

Uhhh, you mean other than the millions of people taking tens of millions, probably hundreds of millions, of doses of the medication over the past 50 years as a malaria preventative drug and to treat inflammatory diseases like Lupus?? And the hundreds of thousands now taking the drug in Italy, Spain, France, the United States, etc. to treat the Chinese flu??

Other than those people, you mean?

Good one. I knew what was coming, debated which one of those fine, fit ladies would make the stupid comment.

And wow, Joyless Behar did not disappoint. "I can't believe anybody with a brain would take that drug."

Uhhh, you mean other than the millions of people taking tens of millions, probably hundreds of millions, of doses of the medication over the past 50 years as a malaria preventative drug and to treat inflammatory diseases like Lupus?? And the hundreds of thousands now taking the drug in Italy, Spain, France, the United States, etc. to treat the Chinese flu??

Other than those people, you mean?

It's amazing how the media has convinced people that a common, overwhelmingly safe drug is akin to ingesting cyanide.

It's amazing how the media has convinced people that a common, overwhelmingly safe drug is akin to ingesting cyanide.

Just ask Tibs. Perfect example. But he is so invested in his narrative, that he will never escape.
We are entering zombie mind apocalypse time.