• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nationwide dog and pony **** show.

It is a shame how these well funded political machines are using these well meaning kids. It is deplorable. Shameful.
You underestimate the number of people around the country who are disgusted that gun laws are worshipped like a sacred cow by Trump and the GOP. Look at nationwide polls - your choice of the news source - 70% of Americans support stricter gun laws. The fact the gun lobby has the GOP by the balls is no longer an excuse. I think people are legitimately pissed off. Not sure what 'well funded political machines' have to do with that.

They're marching and protesting demanding change. What needs to change is having stricter gun laws, including:

Ban AR15 and similar assault rifles. Ban large capacity magazines. Introduce universal background checks. Raise purchase age to 21. Have a wait period to purchase. Ban gun show sales. Only licenced and sanctioned gun shops can sell weapons. All guns must be registered and entered into national database.

These seem to me like the most obvious changes.

The 2nd amendment stays intact. Responsible adults can own guns and use them at will - hunting, self-protection, sport shooting, etc.

If you're a law-abiding, sensible adult who owns guns or would like to own a gun, nothing would change in your life. Besides a bit more admin and not being able to carry an AR15. If that's your thing, so what? Not sure anyone needs an AR15 for a legitimate purpose.

I don't see how anyone can be against reforming current gun laws. I don't see any sensible argument for it.

The NRA seems to have brainwashed many into thinking everything that's happening with years of mass shootings has nothing to do with firearms. That people will stage attacks with wooden spoons, potted plants, bricks and sticks et al. That's an argument for handing the crazies and terrorists AR15's and high capacity magazines?

That's why so many people took to the streets, cause they're sick of the NRA and the GOP having a stranglehold on an issue that's affected so many.

This Hogg kid is using his dead classmates as a resume builder. I'd bet there are quite a few of his classmates who don't appreciate it but they will never be interviewed.

You underestimate the number of people around the country who are disgusted that gun laws are worshipped like a sacred cow by Trump and the GOP. Look at nationwide polls - your choice of the news source - 70% of Americans support stricter gun laws. The fact the gun lobby has the GOP by the balls is no longer an excuse. I think people are legitimately pissed off. Not sure what 'well funded political machines' have to do with that.

They're marching and protesting demanding change. What needs to change is having stricter gun laws, including:

Ban AR15 and similar assault rifles. Ban large capacity magazines. Introduce universal background checks. Raise purchase age to 21. Have a wait period to purchase. Ban gun show sales. Only licenced and sanctioned gun shops can sell weapons. All guns must be registered and entered into national database.

The 2nd amendment stays intact. Responsible adults can own guns and use them at will - hunting, self-protection, sport shooting, etc.

If you're a law-abiding, sensible adult who owns guns or would like to own a gun, nothing would change in your life. Besides a bit more admin and not being able to carry an AR15. If that's your thing, so what? Not sure anyone needs an AR15 for a legitimate purpose.

I don't see how anyone can be against reforming current gun laws. I don't see any sensible argument for it.

The NRA seems to have brainwashed many into thinking everything that's happening with years of mass shootings has nothing to do with firearms. That people will stage attacks with wooden spoons, potted plants, bricks and sticks et al. That's an argument for handing the crazies and terrorists AR15's and high capacity magazines?

That's why so many people took to the streets, cause they're sick of the NRA and the GOP having a stranglehold on an issue that's affected so many.

It is not an issue. It's the 2nd amendment to to Constitution. And there are already tons of restrictions on it.

The wife and I celebrated the rallies today by going out shopping for a new gun for her.
Also I went to my county's pro-Second Amendment rally across the street from the anti-Second Amendment rally. :clap2:

This Hogg kid is using his dead classmates as a resume builder. I'd bet there are quite a few of his classmates who don't appreciate it but they will never be interviewed.

You’re another ******* coward you wishes for the terroristic slaughter of America children as expressed by MT Forged and Indy. If not, call them out. Where’s the hypocrite Tim? His silence is deafening.

Fox News and Breitbart are free to interview whoever they want, those coward just can’t navigate this political nightmare. Die a thousand deaths.

Allow me to retort, Tiberius.

You, as well, underestimate the people around the country who are growing tired of the incessant attack on gun laws. While there CAN be a discussion about gun laws, the way in which the left and alt-left go about creating these discussions is not going to make things better for the country. Ever hear the saying "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar"? Well, to put it in perspective with this situation, calling gun owners racist, backwood, inbred, etc - as the left and alt-left are apt to do, does not endear anyone to your side of the argument who may be fence sitting. That includes people who ARE gun owners.

Do you know your history? If you did, you may understand why gun laws are "worshipped like a sacred cow." If you're unaware of your history, this may be a good time to brush up on it. Then maybe you can understand why 2A is indeed worth having and fighting for, even if Trump was not your President. By the way, Trump did not pull a single trigger in any murder, so placing the blame at his feet is like placing the blame of all those that happened under Obama at his feet. I do not remember you doing that in eight years, so stop the faux outrage now.

You suggest that "70% of Americans support tougher gun laws", and I will state that less than half of those even understand the gun laws on the books at the current state. In fact, I'll go even further... cops, sheriff deputies and the like all have a disagreement on what is allowed in concealed carry vs someone who doesn't have a concealed carry license. But you want more laws. Of course. Because you like bigggggggg government.

Which brings me to...

"Ban AR15 and similar assault rifles. Ban large capacity magazines. Introduce universal background checks. Raise purchase age to 21. Have a wait period to purchase. Ban gun show sales. Only licenced and sanctioned gun shops can sell weapons. All guns must be registered and entered into national database.

The 2nd amendment stays intact. Responsible adults can own guns and use them at will - hunting, self-protection, sport shooting, etc."

You seem intelligent enough, but lack the understanding of what an AR-15 is. I'll assure you that an AR-15 is absolutely nothing different than any gun of a similar caliber ... other than the looks. That's the absolute ONLY difference. Nothing else. You've seen the memes on Facebook and the internet, and I can assure you they are correct. Point of reference:

comparison.png

Universal background check? Really? So you're suggesting a person who attempts to purchase a gun at a gun dealer (since you're now saying no one should sell a gun individually), should undergo a backgrond check where they are ran through a database to determine if they are a threat to society? Interesting. Last time I got a gun, I had to undergo a background check. Maybe you should suggest what other aspects of the background check should be included? There's already a section regarding domestic violence, as well as felony and being a fugitive of justice. So what else would you like? Please, be specific.

And raise the gun purchase age to 21? Why? I'll admit that I was leaning this way at one point, but then it was pointed out to me that an 18 year-old can be sent to another country, have a gun thrust into their hands after training and be put on the front lines to kill enemies. 18 year-olds can also go to jail for life if they kill someone (just as any other adult). 18 year-olds can be held liable for credit charges, can obtain student loans, and can serve on juries. 18 year-olds are considered adults, by the way. The Second Amendment applies to them.

Your wait period for purhcasing a gun, which is already occurring, is 2A violation, but those who buy guns for the most part go along with it. You've heard of the 3-day waiting period, I assume? For reference, my neighbor is US Marshal. His job calls for him to fly on domestic and international flights while armed. He has a government issued firearm for this purpose. He can legally carry this weapon anywhere in the country. BUT, when he goes to buy a gun, he has to wait 3 days. He doesnt have a concealed carry permit. So, what were you saying about background checks, again?

Entering all guns into a federal database is, on the surface, a lovely and fascinating idea. How do you propose to do this? You realize this won't be free, correct? You understand how expensive something of this magnitude would be? You can't run something like this on a laptop computer. You'll require a large ... VERY ******* LARGE ... data warehouse, that would require both physical security as well as internal on the database itself. Then you'll have to have administrators to secure the database. And people to enter data into said database. And people to fix the database when it breaks. And people to update the database. As well as people to go through every goddamned FFL in the country (you know what an FFL is, I assume) and ensure those people know how to navigate the database. Of course, you'll charge the FFL to run queries since this kind of project will be super expensive. Not to mention, you'll be requiring private sales to be ran through this database, which would be an enormous undertaking in itself. Where would this happen? At an FFL? Why would an FFL run a database query for a purchase they're not getting a dime for? So, how about at a police station? You're now requiring a police station to run database queries instead of ensuring crimes are not being committed. Which will put the community as a whole in more danger...unless you hire more cops. Which means raising taxes.

So, by and large, you're calling for a vastly larger government under the guise of "protecting the country" yet don't understand this would require a larger sum than building a ******* wall between this country and Mexico, and want to raise taxes to do so.

Clearly, youv'e thought this out.

Last edited:
The wife and I celebrated the rallies today by going out shopping for a new gun for her.
Also I went to my county's pro-Second Amendment rally across the street from the anti-Second Amendment rally. :clap2:

MT Forged and Indy are disappointed you didn’t open fire. Are you?

You’re another ******* coward you wishes for the terroristic slaughter of America children as expressed by MT Forged and Indy. If not, call them out. Where’s the hypocrite Tim? His silence is deafening.

Fox News and Breitbart are free to interview whoever they want, those coward just can’t navigate this political nightmare. Die a thousand deaths.

I commented to Mt_Forged privately.

So Kathy Griffin holding the fake severed head of Trump is terribly offensive, but comments like this get a pass? Where’s Tim?

MT-Forged and Indy, you’re ******* cowards as there’s no way in hell you make that comment publicly. Remember that as you die your thousand deaths.

And not a peep out of you if Elfie wished that upon a crowd of conservatives...so get off your holier than thou horse.

Some of the speeches made me cringe. What happened to these kids / families is terrible, but i think they are misguided.
I did appreciate them talking about the violence in Chicago and what not, but don't think many gangs use Ar 15s. I don't think they go into gun stores to purchase their weapons either.
I don't know why schools just don't use metal detectors. Banning guns at this point will not solve anything.

Allow me to retort, Tiberius.

You, as well, underestimate the people around the country who are growing tired of the incessant attack on gun laws. While there CAN be a discussion about gun laws, the way in which the left and alt-left go about creating these discussions is not going to make things better for the country. Ever hear the saying "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar"? Well, to put it in perspective with this situation, calling gun owners racist, backwood, inbred, etc - as the left and alt-left are apt to do, does not endear anyone to your side of the argument who may be fence sitting. That includes people who ARE gun owners.

Do you know your history? If you did, you may understand why gun laws are "worshipped like a sacred cow." If you're unaware of your history, this may be a good time to brush up on it. Then maybe you can understand why 2A is indeed worth having and fighting for, even if Trump was not your President. By the way, Trump did not pull a single trigger in any murder, so placing the blame at his feet is like placing the blame of all those that happened under Obama at his feet. I do not remember you doing that in eight years, so stop the faux outrage now.

You suggest that "70% of Americans support tougher gun laws", and I will state that less than half of those even understand the gun laws on the books at the current state. In fact, I'll go even further... cops, sheriff deputies and the like all have a disagreement on what is allowed in concealed carry vs someone who doesn't have a concealed carry license. But you want more laws. Of course. Because you like bigggggggg government.

Which brings me to...

"Ban AR15 and similar assault rifles. Ban large capacity magazines. Introduce universal background checks. Raise purchase age to 21. Have a wait period to purchase. Ban gun show sales. Only licenced and sanctioned gun shops can sell weapons. All guns must be registered and entered into national database.

The 2nd amendment stays intact. Responsible adults can own guns and use them at will - hunting, self-protection, sport shooting, etc."

You seem intelligent enough, but lack the understanding of what an AR-15 is. I'll assure you that an AR-15 is absolutely nothing different than any gun of a similar caliber ... other than the looks. That's the absolute ONLY difference. Nothing else. You've seen the memes on Facebook and the internet, and I can assure you they are correct. Point of reference:

comparison.png

Universal background check? Really? So you're suggesting a person who attempts to purchase a gun at a gun dealer (since you're now saying no one should sell a gun individually), should undergo a backgrond check where they are ran through a database to determine if they are a threat to society? Interesting. Last time I got a gun, I had to undergo a background check. Maybe you should suggest what other aspects of the background check should be included? There's already a section regarding domestic violence, as well as felony and being a fugitive of justice. So what else would you like? Please, be specific.

And raise the gun purchase age to 21? Why? I'll admit that I was leaning this way at one point, but then it was pointed out to me that an 18 year-old can be sent to another country, have a gun thrust into their hands after training and be put on the front lines to kill enemies. 18 year-olds can also go to jail for life if they kill someone (just as any other adult). 18 year-olds can be held liable for credit charges, can obtain student loans, and can serve on juries. 18 year-olds are considered adults, by the way. The Second Amendment applies to them.

Your wait period for purhcasing a gun, which is already occurring, is 2A violation, but those who buy guns for the most part go along with it. You've heard of the 3-day waiting period, I assume? For reference, my neighbor is US Marshal. His job calls for him to fly on domestic and international flights while armed. He has a government issued firearm for this purpose. He can legally carry this weapon anywhere in the country. BUT, when he goes to buy a gun, he has to wait 3 days. He doesnt have a concealed carry permit. So, what were you saying about background checks, again?

Entering all guns into a federal database is, on the surface, a lovely and fascinating idea. How do you propose to do this? You realize this won't be free, correct? You understand how expensive something of this magnitude would be? You can't run something like this on a laptop computer. You'll require a large ... VERY ******* LARGE ... data warehouse, that would require both physical security as well as internal on the database itself. Then you'll have to have administrators to secure the database. And people to enter data into said database. And people to fix the database when it breaks. And people to update the database. As well as people to go through every goddamned FFL in the country (you know what an FFL is, I assume) and ensure those people know how to navigate the database. Of course, you'll charge the FFL to run queries since this kind of project will be super expensive. Not to mention, you'll be requiring private sales to be ran through this database, which would be an enormous undertaking in itself. Where would this happen? At an FFL? Why would an FFL run a database query for a purchase they're not getting a dime for? So, how about at a police station? You're now requiring a police station to run database queries instead of ensuring crimes are not being committed. Which will put the community as a whole in more danger...unless you hire more cops. Which means raising taxes.

So, by and large, you're calling for a vastly larger government under the guise of "protecting the country" yet don't understand this would require a larger sum than building a ******* wall between this country and Mexico, and want to raise taxes to do so.

Clearly, youv'e thought this out.

but supe that black gun is scary....it must be banned.......still amuses me that most anti-gun folks think that AR stands for assault rifle......

MT-Forged and Indy, you’re ******* cowards.

Lick my balls, fuckhead. Believe me, if we were in the same room it is you who would wet your pants and cry for mommy. I have zero doubt about that. Cry yourself to sleep Flog, before someone else comes along and pummels your pathetic ***.

Last edited:
You're calling the survivors and their families from Newtown, Stoneman Douglas, Virginia Tech, Vegas and other gun violence massacres twats? What kind of man does that make you?

******* doesn't have a damn thing to do with that. Who the **** are you anyway. Just some ******* who lurks around from a far away land. **** you. What kind of man does that make me? One that sees a bunch of leftist misguided bullshit. Stick it. I've seen enough of this crap to know better.

Last edited:
So Kathy Griffin holding the fake severed head of Trump is terribly offensive, but comments like this get a pass? Where’s Tim?

MT-Forged and Indy, you’re ******* cowards as there’s no way in hell you make that comment publicly. Remember that as you die your thousand deaths.

I have to agree with you there, that comment did cross the line. Not cool.

You're calling the survivors and their families from Newtown, Stoneman Douglas, Virginia Tech, Vegas and other gun violence massacres twats? What kind of man does that make you?

It makes him the kind of man that wouldn't join these ******** if the same thing happened to one of his loved ones.

Nor would I.

Lick my balls, fuckhead. Believe me, if we were in the same room it is you who would wet your pants and cry for mommy. I have zero doubt about that. Cry yourself to sleep Flog, before someone else comes along and pummels your pathetic ***.

Internet tough guy, real life ******* coward.

Be a man and post a video of yourself to YouTube sharing your sentiment that you wish a mass shooting death on those kids. Show your face and state your full name and location. Until you are willing to do that you’re a pathetic coward. Die a thousand deaths.

You nailed it Trog. Indy and many others here like him beat their chests, bark loudly and talk tough. But when they're called out on their bullshit they wilt like flowers and start slandering, throwing hissy fits and try to change the subject. It's been the m.o. on this board for many years now. Funny how these supposed red-blooded, right-wing Republicans turn out to be the biggest *******, each and every time. I call it the Sean Hannity/Alex Jones syndrome.

Last edited:

Be a man and post a video of yourself to YouTube sharing your sentiment that you wish a mass shooting death on those kids. Show your face and state your full name and location. Until you are willing to do that you’re a pathetic coward. Die a thousand deaths.

Just like you liberals do?

We know what you're thinking here Tibby and Trogdyke...you wanna say it really bad don't you? LOL

Last edited:
You Trump supporters and NRA members are proudly and unapologetically sticking to your guns, literally and figuratively, with your terroristic sentiment towards these children.

Why reserve it for the Steelernation Politics and Religion Forum? I think the masses would find this both fascinating and disturbing.

You nailed it Trog. Indy and many others here like him beat their chests, bark loudly and talk tough. But when they're called out on their bullshit they wilt like flowers and start slandering, throwing hissy fits and try to change the subject. It's been the m.o. on this board for many years now. Funny how these supposed red-blooded, right-wing Republicans turn out to be the biggest *******, each and every time. I call it the Sean Hannity/Alex Jones syndrome.

Trying to change the subject? Did you say that? What is the thread topic about? Skip back a page. This has been addressed. Get back on topic.

As a gun owner, I understand the willingness to protect gun rights.

As a parent, I understand the children not wanting to be shot and die in school.

I'm sure there is common ground, and it will be found. And the president has already made a promise to do so:

In his inaugural address, Donald Trump declared, “This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.”

“I’ll be able to make sure that when you walk down the street in your inner city, or wherever you are, you’re not going to be shot,” he declared during the campaign. “Your child isn’t going to be shot.”

“The crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end,” he vowed at the Republican National Convention.

“Beginning on January 20, 2017, safety will be restored.”

As a gun owner, I understand the willingness to protect gun rights.

As a parent, I understand the children not wanting to be shot and die in school.

I'm sure there is common ground, and it will be found. And the president has already made a promise to do so:

To you there is that possibiity, to leftists there's not. Good luck with that.