• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NBA “boycotting”

I haven't watched an NBA game since the early 70s

The NBA ratings are absolutely atrocious. Now they will be 10x worse. They are just postponing the games, big ******* deal. They will still get their money then..
Hey owners, put your money where your mouth is and cancel the season and forego the billions that TNT and ESPN are paying to have the players do their JOBS. The players already have their full salaries so they couldn’t care less if another game is played.

What a phony *** league. One thing is for sure, lebron is the dumbest athlete of all time. I’m not kidding, the guy is dumb as bricks. Someone needs to tell him to just stop opening his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read an article this morning skewering the NHL because their games were played as scheduled.

To someone else’s point, I’m not sure what they are boycotting. The Lakers and the Clippers want the season cancelled now.

I haven’t watched any basketball or baseball this year. I have watched very little hockey. Have no plans to watch the NFL. I have found myself outside in the sun a lot more. Been out on my bike with the wife a lot more. In truth, if none of them ever played again, not sure that I’d miss it much. Not at this point anyway.

I haven't watched an NBA game since the early 70s

I was a basketball nut back in the eighties during the golden age of the Lakers championships with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, Cooper et al. I pretty much watched every game live, clipped news paper articles I kept in a shoebox, painted my driveway basketball court purple & gold. I played varsity hoops in hs, so basketball & the Lakers was huge for me. Ended up playing a year of pro ball in Europe when I first got out here, which was interesting because the style of play was so different.

Not nearly as obsessed as I've been with the Steelers, but back then the NBA meant a lot. While my Steelers fandom remains as strong as ever, I stopped watching the NBA when it became soft in the 2000's and high scoring offenses began to dominate. It's like they simply stopped playing defense, and every game had an all star game feel to it, as players waltzed up and down the court, scoring at will. So the NBA has been off my radar for years, don't follow the Lakers or any other team.

I do applaud the players for standing up for something that is important to them. I respect them for it, even if it's gonna cause them to miss game checks. Protesting is a part of American culture and history. Without it, we wouldn't have had the civil rights movement, or womens' suffrage, or basic things like labor laws protecting the average worker.

I don't condone or support any of the rioting, looting or vandalism that's gone on. People are angry and frustrated, things have boiled over, and are seemingly spinning out of control. That gets ratcheted up when folks start showing up with weapons, things can go haywire in split seconds, like we saw the other day. Those on the streets protesting need to find a better way to exercise their Constitutional rights. Burning **** down and causing mayhem is not the way to go.

I hope there is a way out of this predicament, that things simmer down and cooler heads prevail.

The NBA is the WWE of basketball. Have not watched a game in decades. They could stay out forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nationnobile app

Kobe Bryant wore 8 and 24. 8/24 was Kobe Bryant Day in Orange County.

That night, the LA Lakers held a 24-8 lead on the Portland Trailblazers in the first quarter.

The NBA is rigged entertainment and built on Nike and China.

I was a basketball nut back in the eighties during the golden age of the Lakers championships with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, Cooper et al. I pretty much watched every game live, clipped news paper articles I kept in a shoebox, painted my driveway basketball court purple & gold. I played varsity hoops in hs, so basketball & the Lakers was huge for me. Ended up playing a year of pro ball in Europe when I first got out here, which was interesting because the style of play was so different.

Not nearly as obsessed as I've been with the Steelers, but back then the NBA meant a lot. While my Steelers fandom remains as strong as ever, I stopped watching the NBA when it became soft in the 2000's and high scoring offenses began to dominate. It's like they simply stopped playing defense, and every game had an all star game feel to it, as players waltzed up and down the court, scoring at will. So the NBA has been off my radar for years, don't follow the Lakers or any other team.

I do applaud the players for standing up for something that is important to them. I respect them for it, even if it's gonna cause them to miss game checks. Protesting is a part of American culture and history. Without it, we wouldn't have had the civil rights movement, or womens' suffrage, or basic things like labor laws protecting the average worker.

I don't condone or support any of the rioting, looting or vandalism that's gone on. People are angry and frustrated, things have boiled over, and are seemingly spinning out of control. That gets ratcheted up when folks start showing up with weapons, things can go haywire in split seconds, like we saw the other day. Those on the streets protesting need to find a better way to exercise their Constitutional rights. Burning **** down and causing mayhem is not the way to go.

I hope there is a way out of this predicament, that things simmer down and cooler heads prevail.

There are no cooler heads with Marxist outside agitators and the professional hard left.

The mob and shock troops have no reason.

The irony is that the left help up POTUS comments in "Charlottesville" as evidence that he was Adolph Hitler; whereas you're hearing crickets from leftist politicians and the media on marxist mobs burning and pillaging American towns and livelihoods.

Don Lemon and CNN only criticized the rioting when it because a "focus group" issue and seen as detrimental to Election 2020 polling.

The left and incendiary media should have their noses rubbed in this because they own it.

The NBA players aren’t missing paychecks by not playing. The owners get playoff money, the players have their full salaries... they don’t give two ***** if another game is played, they have their money.

never have watch a second of a WNBA game. Stopped watching the NBA when MJ retired. Love the Celtics in the 80s and the Bulls in the 90s. Watched a PO game or Finals game here and there, but I don't think I could name all the teams anymore or 10 players beside LJ and Curry.

I'm like Sarge, sports have become almost non-existant to me now. I will definitly watch the Steelers. I watched the Pens cluster against MON, but I'm consumed by other things in my life and sitting down to watch a baseball or basketball game is not one of them. I jumped back into NASCAR when it returned, but that too has died off for me. The excitement is not there. All the air has been taken out of the balloon and it's not an escape anymore.

More power to the teams and leagues if they don't want to play. If they feel they are standing up for what they believe in, that is certainly fine by me. I just don't know if others will notice or care.

Here we go.. lebron has now made this about himself. He’s “frustrated” that the bucks didn’t notify him that they were going to “boycott(makes no sense). So in response, he has now one upped the bucks to propose canceling the season lol.. I just wish the NBA would go away. That league and players are such a joke.

Isn't a big chunk of their audience young black men? Seems sort of illogical that you would punish them by taking away what little shred of entertainment they have right now in the name of supporting them.

Here we go.. lebron has now made this about himself. He’s “frustrated” that the bucks didn’t notify him that they were going to “boycott(makes no sense). So in response, he has now one upped the bucks to propose canceling the season lol.. I just wish the NBA would go away. That league and players are such a joke.

This should be required viewing in the reeducation camps. Love the LBJ impersonation at the end:

I once enjoyed the nba...a loooong time ago. Then, about mid-way through the Jordan era, it became obvious that games are rigged. I haven't watched a game in about 20 years.

I once enjoyed the nba...a loooong time ago. Then, about mid-way through the Jordan era, it became obvious that games are rigged. I haven't watched a game in about 20 years.

Like Wilt said about MJ:

"They changed the rules to make the games harder for me. They changed the rules to make the game easier for you."

I haven't watched a full NBA game since the Bird-Magic days. That was back when they had rules against walking and carrying.

And No Layup Rule that would get NFL players suspended for 6 games these days.

Love your first two paragraphs. The irony is that sports are what would unite Celtics and Lakers fans (I knew you would be Lakers instead of Celtics!) and have brought us together. It's the one place where many here would find common ground with you and vice versa, and man there was nothing bigger than Larry and Magic with the Trophy on the line.

All that's gone now. What was wrong with sports being a refuge from the intense polarization and presenting as basically patriotic or at least respectful of the USA and the flag?

See Whitney Houston 1991. Miracle on Ice. The Dream Team and players draping themselves in the flag.

All destroyed by the left and ESPN Mothership that wanted to shoehorn LBJ or other athletes into political narratives of oppression as if any of these brats are Jackie Robinson in their experiences.

It would have been a statement if these teams took forfeits and lost paychecks. But what they did was simply postpone games a day or so making this all completely meaningless. Unless you thought the problem was that there was some person who hadn't heard of the shooting and it was only this NBA reaction that let them know. That is obviously absurd. This was 1 big virtue signal.

It is clear that these athletes are now being manipulated by political operatives. The players are being told that they will be seen as champions of civil rights and that maybe they can spin this into a second career as a social media influencer, which it seems, is the dream job of most millennials. That is clearly what Lebron is now doing. He doesn't give a **** about basketball. He's setting up his podcasting and movie making empire for retirement.

Next, the activists will desperately try to get an NFL team to "boycott" a regular season game.

This all ties into not having fans in the stands. They won't hear the boos. They won't notice the empty seats of fans who have had enough. They are living in their twitter echo chambers and think that these actions are making them more popular than ever.

It would have been a statement if these teams took forfeits and lost paychecks. But what they did was simply postpone games a day or so making this all completely meaningless. Unless you thought the problem was that there was some person who hadn't heard of the shooting and it was only this NBA reaction that let them know. That is obviously absurd. This was 1 big virtue signal.

It is clear that these athletes are now being manipulated by political operatives. The players are being told that they will be seen as champions of civil rights and that maybe they can spin this into a second career as a social media influencer, which it seems, is the dream job of most millennials. That is clearly what Lebron is now doing. He doesn't give a **** about basketball. He's setting up his podcasting and movie making empire for retirement.

Next, the activists will desperately try to get an NFL team to "boycott" a regular season game.

This all ties into not having fans in the stands. They won't hear the boos. They won't notice the empty seats of fans who have had enough. They are living in their twitter echo chambers and think that these actions are making them more popular than ever.

oh, I have no doubt the NFL will partcipate in the "boycotting" games. Fans are on the fence right now whether they are watching or leaving the sport. I hope they trend lightly because most of these athletes(95%?) are so more well-off than we ever will be and even though they feel they have a voice and stance, fans wach for one reason, entertainment.
I do wish LeBron would use his time when not playing through boycotting, to shadow and train with the police for a week or two. Maybe that perspective will open his eyes. He wants to be a voice for justice and injustice, walk in their shoes.

Boooooo

Close down I dare you. Show us all! Teach us a lesson!! Donate your salaries to the cause.