• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NBA “boycotting”

Agreed but I'll watch the Steelers unless Dumblin lets them kneel. I've already placed my bet on them at 25-1. I'm hoping that talent and assistant coaching will finally outweigh Tomlin's dumbassery.

My sentiments exactly Indy. I quit supporting the NFL monetarily with the Kapernick fiasco and will do the same with the Steelers when the first knee hits the ground. My boat is just about done and football will be cast along the banks of the St Johns river. Sad **** really, I started watching the Steelers with family back in the 50's and went 30 some years after the service without missing a game. You would think it would be somewhat traumatic to just quit cold turkey but with today's environment...I don't seem to really care. I just don't know what to do with the mountain of Steeler stuff stuffed in every nook and cranny around here.

Apparently there was a huge crowd at the lakers game. We must be wrong

borussia-monchengladbach-cutouts.jpg

My sentiments exactly Indy. I quit supporting the NFL monetarily with the Kapernick fiasco and will do the same with the Steelers when the first knee hits the ground. My boat is just about done and football will be cast along the banks of the St Johns river. Sad **** really, I started watching the Steelers with family back in the 50's and went 30 some years after the service without missing a game. You would think it would be somewhat traumatic to just quit cold turkey but with today's environment...I don't seem to really care. I just don't know what to do with the mountain of Steeler stuff stuffed in every nook and cranny around here.

Was trying to post this image of Lake Jocassee in upstate SC from yesterday. Who needs football in the fall?

image000000.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Lebron is a loser. He only won championships after he manipulated rosters to create a super team. That's a huge reason the NBA sucks now. They gave complete control to the players. Now the players get together and decide which team they want to play for and create a few super teams while the rest of the league is crap. Who wants to watch that?

Last edited:
That **** looks nice and clean

It is pristine. When swimming you can see 10-20 feet down. It's impounded right out of a mountain gorge, so it's 300-400 feet deep at least in some spots.

Gorgeous. I know it's north from you but I've always wanted to visit the Blue Ridge mountains.

Oh yeah that's a must if you haven't. Definitely an "energy" to it.

It is pristine. When swimming you can see 10-20 feet down. It's impounded right out of a mountain gorge, so it's 300-400 feet deep at least in some spots.

No way we got anything as cold and clear down thisaway but we do got water water everywhere....so to speak.
This is some St. Johns River.

JU_Riverfront-660x330.jpg

images
images

But even the storm water pond out back will do in a pinch.

5df27018c9b58.image.jpg

Remember when you could say to a person..."Ya know, we may disagree in our political views but, I would always share my beers with you at a bar"? Not now! Thanks, sports.

Used to rent a cabin on Flathead Lake in Montana every year. 185 miles of shoreline and even in late July the water was barely 60 degrees.

Too dumb to upload a picture, but it is a pretty place.

Now this is conversation worth having. And people who know how to, keep posting them pictures! There are some mountain towns in Southern California that are quite pretty. Nothing close to the places that have been mentioned, buy hey, for where I live it's something.

No way we got anything as cold and clear down thisaway but we do got water water everywhere

I love the water too, Chip. Some pics from the Marina about 1.5 miles from my place:

3NTAAfd.jpg

HgaQb6E.jpg

tWSesyt.jpg

z6EEsef.jpg

In that last pic, it looks pretty hazy (downtown San Diego) but there's actually very little smog, being on the ocean. The air quality here compared to Los Angeles is a pretty stark contrast.

Pics from a quaint little mountain town called Idyllwild in Southern California:

1Xq0DQH.jpg

dCz4kxF.jpg

IQcDhSw.jpg

LfuQhPp.jpg

54jvwLH.jpg

biHIKpQ.jpg

Ic0s5hm.jpg

The downside is that there is no good lake there for fishing. That lake in the last pic is down in the valley, but it's stocked with some nice bass etc.

Ouch. Forgot to resize those pictures so apologies that they're huge.

I love the water too, Chip. Some pics from the Marina about 1.5 miles from my place:

3NTAAfd.jpg

HgaQb6E.jpg

tWSesyt.jpg

z6EEsef.jpg

In that last pic, it looks pretty hazy (downtown San Diego) but there's actually very little smog, being on the ocean. The air quality here compared to Los Angeles is a pretty stark contrast.

Amazing shots. Seems like a renowned quality of life there -- no wonder the Chargers couldn't play in the cold!

Makes me think of Threes Company with Jack, Janet, and Chrissy on the sailboat in one of the intros.

Last edited:
Amazing shots. Seems like a renowned quality of life there -- no wonder the Chargers couldn't play in the cold!

Makes me think of Threes Company with Jack, Janet, and Chrissy on the sailboat in the intro.

Lol, loved that show. And the Chargers, oh man were people devastated here when they moved. You'd think a place like this wouldn't have rabid fans of their professional football team, but they really did love their Chargers.

Now they're in a city with even another team, and where that city really doesn't give a **** about either one. Go figure.

Now this is conversation worth having. And people who know how to, keep posting them pictures! There are some mountain towns in Southern California that are quite pretty. Nothing close to the places that have been mentioned, buy hey, for where I live it's something.

You must be talkin' about Big bear Lake SW..............

realestate.jpg

20131015170845big_bear_lake.jpg

Quite the contrast to SanFransicko.....

lake.jpg

Used to rent a cabin on Flathead Lake in Montana every year. 185 miles of shoreline and even in late July the water was barely 60 degrees.

Too dumb to upload a picture, but it is a pretty place.

You got that right Zona.....

Flathead-Lake-Montana.jpg

That's another CLEAR water lake

images
Screen-shot-2013-05-20-at-4.52.27-PM.png

You must be talkin' about Big bear Lake SW

realestate.jpg

Yessir. Great fishing there, has a great solar observatory and there's a Steelers bar/lounge there (we're everywhere) we caught a couple games at. Lake Arrowhead is another one. Sounds like you've been over this way?

Mentioned that I'm going up to Yosemite National Park next month and the other choice was visiting the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Kind of wish I made the other choice now but circumstances with Covid-19 restrictions (and cost) played a part.

Going to have visit Wyoming and Montana though eventually and pay djfan a visit.