• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NBA “boycotting”

Game one of finals down 45% from last year!

Ha ha no one cares

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Everyone knew the Lakers and LeChoke would win as a tribute Kobe Bryant.

So, the Lakers are playing LeChoke's old team the Heat with the Lakers old Coach Pat Riley??

Who says sports aren't rigged?

It appears by way of the tv ratings that the black lives ( the players) don't matter much to the average American viewers.

It appears by way of the tv ratings that the black lives ( the players) don't matter much to the average American viewers.

Remember in the Joe Montana Bowl Super Bowl we had a matchup of his 2 old teams?

Now the NBA has the Pat Riley NBA Finals and Kobe Tribute/coronation of LeChoke.

It's a joke at this point.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nba-finals-game-2-ratings-crash-by-68/

It just keeps getting worse for the NBA…

Lebron.jpg

Least Watched Finals Game in History — NBA Finals game 2 ratings crash by 68%

Both Game 1 and Game 2 of the NBA Finals between the L.A. Lakers and the Miami Heat have suffered the worst ratings crash in the league’s entire TV broadcast history. Despite the matchup including two of the league’s biggest stars (LeBron James and Anthony Davis), Game 1 of the Finals on Wednesday was a huge ratings disappointment for the NBA.

Game 1 averaged only a 4.1 rating and 7.41 million viewers on ABC, “comfortably the lowest rated and least-watched NBA Finals game on record (dates back to 1988),” Sports Media Watch reported.

But if the league thought things might improve for Game 2, it had a bitter pill to swallow because the second in the series did even worse than the first. Game 2 cratered with just 4.5 million viewers and a dismal 1. 9 in the ratings. This embarrassing showing was down 68 percent over Game 2 in 2019.

The 2020 Game 2 event now rates as the lowest ratings ever for an NBA Finals game.

Harris poll found that 39 percent of respondent who identified as sports fans felt that the league was too political. And another 19 percent said that they had turned off pro basketball because of the NBA’s deep links to China.

blm-nba.jpg

maybe I am becoming desensitized to sports lately, but I didn't care about the NHL PO after the Pens limped out against the Habs. I would usually tune to watch the NBA Finals, but don't know or care when it's on. Haven't watched one MLB game. Football is different, fo some reason. Still want to watch it.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nba-finals-game-2-ratings-crash-by-68/

It just keeps getting worse for the NBA…

Lebron.jpg

Least Watched Finals Game in History — NBA Finals game 2 ratings crash by 68%

Both Game 1 and Game 2 of the NBA Finals between the L.A. Lakers and the Miami Heat have suffered the worst ratings crash in the league’s entire TV broadcast history. Despite the matchup including two of the league’s biggest stars (LeBron James and Anthony Davis), Game 1 of the Finals on Wednesday was a huge ratings disappointment for the NBA.

Game 1 averaged only a 4.1 rating and 7.41 million viewers on ABC, “comfortably the lowest rated and least-watched NBA Finals game on record (dates back to 1988),” Sports Media Watch reported.

But if the league thought things might improve for Game 2, it had a bitter pill to swallow because the second in the series did even worse than the first. Game 2 cratered with just 4.5 million viewers and a dismal 1. 9 in the ratings. This embarrassing showing was down 68 percent over Game 2 in 2019.

The 2020 Game 2 event now rates as the lowest ratings ever for an NBA Finals game.

Harris poll found that 39 percent of respondent who identified as sports fans felt that the league was too political. And another 19 percent said that they had turned off pro basketball because of the NBA’s deep links to China.

blm-nba.jpg

LBJ isn't smart enough to realize that he -- unlike Russell, Chamberlain, Kareem, Larry, Magic, MJ, Shaq and Kobe -- will go down as the only greatest player of an era not to grow the game and empower exponential and residual opportunities for the black youth coming behind him.

He made his decisions for $$$ and short term expediency with the Chicoms and the BLM Cult. In the process, the game was set back decades on his watch and to the time in the late '70s and early '80s when NBA Finals games were shown on Tape Delay for much of the country.

He could build 100 schools, but the damage is done to the platform and is probably irreparable at this point.

Last edited:
LBJ isn't smart enough to realize that he -- unlike Russell, Chamberlain, Kareem, Larry, Magic, MJ, Shaq and Kobe -- will go down as the only greatest player of an era not to grow the game and empower exponential and residual opportunities for the black youth coming behind him.

IMHO basketball is a huge determent to the black youth of America. Almost every single black boy in the U.S. wants to be a basketball star. I listen every time someone comes to speak at our school and they always ask what the students want to be when they grow up.... 99.9% of boys want to be basketball players... the other .1% want to be football players. I tell them at only .03% of people make it to the NBA and of those few stay long at all. It falls on deaf ears. When they check out library books they are always books about basketball players that are about 1/8 of an inch think and more pictures than words.

The devastation the NBA and basketball in general has caused on black students is untold. I've thought about writing an article about school culture but I'm not sure it would do any good.

The devastation the NBA and basketball in general has caused on black students is untold. I've thought about writing an article about school culture but I'm not sure it would do any good.

It would piss off the liberal education gods, and brand you a racist.

IMHO basketball is a huge determent to the black youth of America. Almost every single black boy in the U.S. wants to be a basketball star. I listen every time someone comes to speak at our school and they always ask what the students want to be when they grow up.... 99.9% of boys want to be basketball players... the other .1% want to be football players. I tell them at only .03% of people make it to the NBA and of those few stay long at all. It falls on deaf ears. When they check out library books they are always books about basketball players that are about 1/8 of an inch think and more pictures than words.

Write the article and publish it in the school paper. I think it would be a GREAT idea to interview two former students, both of whom played sports and wanted to become professional athletes.

The first did not care about school, played basketball in college, no chance at the NBA, no skills, no degree, now struggling to pay the bills. The second is about a player who studied, did well on the SAT, played some college basketball (even JC counts), got a degree, became a professional, used the work ethic from sports to succeed in his chosen field, and has a nice income, nice home.

There are about 1,200 professional basketball players worldwide, all leagues, all teams, and about 2,500 professional football players, all leagues, all teams.

3,700 actually earning a living bouncing or catching a ball. Meanwhile, our nation has tens of thousands of electricians earning a good living, tens of thousands of roofers and nurses, and teachers, and doctors and lawyers and bookkeepers.

Daughter is 11. I keep dropping hints about trade schools.

Daughter is 11. I keep dropping hints about trade schools.

My daughter is 13 and I've been planting paying full freight if she keeps her grades up and shoots for an engineering degree. Already told the wife if she pulls any hospitality, humanities or liberal studies major...she's on her own.

Yeah I don’t got that coin. She would need to get a full ride. I just don’t k ow where “higher” education will be in 8yrs and or the ******* prices

Write the article and publish it in the school paper. I think it would be a GREAT idea to interview two former students, both of whom played sports and wanted to become professional athletes.

The first did not care about school, played basketball in college, no chance at the NBA, no skills, no degree, now struggling to pay the bills. The second is about a player who studied, did well on the SAT, played some college basketball (even JC counts), got a degree, became a professional, used the work ethic from sports to succeed in his chosen field, and has a nice income, nice home.

There are about 1,200 professional basketball players worldwide, all leagues, all teams, and about 2,500 professional football players, all leagues, all teams.

3,700 actually earning a living bouncing or catching a ball. Meanwhile, our nation has tens of thousands of electricians earning a good living, tens of thousands of roofers and nurses, and teachers, and doctors and lawyers and bookkeepers.

Well.... we don't have a school paper. I was going to right it for the MDE (Mississippi Dept. of Education) journal website. They won't print it anyway but I may write it and share it here and on FB. Great idea about the interviews.

You should definitely submit an article to American Thinker on that subject -- sounds right in their wheel house.

that game 3 was pretty good, kudos to Miami for pushing through, despite missing adebayo and dragic. would be sweet to see them tie it up in game 4.

that game 3 was pretty good, kudos to Miami for pushing through, despite missing adebayo and dragic. would be sweet to see them tie it up in game 4.

This is not directed at you personally....

But who cares?

That's the point. Too few.

I just recently found out that Oklahoma City has a team. Who knew?

The NBA is the WWE of basketball. I watch neither.