• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NBA “boycotting”

Mentioned that I'm going up to Yosemite National Park next month and the other choice was visiting the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Kind of wish I made the other choice now but circumstances with Covid-19 restrictions (and cost) played a part.

Going to have visit Wyoming and Montana though eventually and pay djfan a visit.

We just got back late last night. Just a quick two day trip with the son and his wife. It was only about half crowded (Cool), but the shops, etc. were mostly shut. Had to wear a mask twice. Jerks.

BTW, Steelworth, my son and I used to float tube in those marinas. Lots of black bass, and some kelp bass, too. Super fun. I had a buddy who was addicted to fly fishing under the Coronado bridge (I remember when it was built!). He said it was great action.

Oh, and get here soon. I'm headed out elk and deer archery hunting tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post.

Spent much of my youth on the backcountry trails in the high Sierras. We’d go on epic 2-week backpacking trips. Walked for days without seeing a soul, besides a few black bears and deer. Such beautiful wilderness, crystal clear lakes and rivers. Ate mostly the rainbow trout we caught and cooked at the campfire.

Really miss the outdoors in CA, have some great memories there. We climbed Mt. Whitney w my brother, one day trip leaving at 3 am, getting to the peak then back down by nightfall. Can’t even begin to imagine doing that type of climbing now, but that was exhilarating.

On Thanksgiving breaks, we’d take canoe trips on the Colorado river, packing camping gear. Spent the nights on the riverbank in tents, on mostly Indian land.

Now, it’s just big city life w a lot of concrete & asphalt. I really miss spending time in nature, really helps recharge the batteries.

Spent much of my youth on the backcountry trails in the high Sierras. We’d go on epic 2-week backpacking trips. Walked for days without seeing a soul, besides a few black bears and deer. Such beautiful wilderness, crystal clear lakes and rivers. Ate mostly the rainbow trout we caught and cooked at the campfire.

Really miss the outdoors in CA, have some great memories there. We climbed Mt. Whitney w my brother, one day trip leaving at 3 am, getting to the peak then back down by nightfall. Can’t even begin to imagine doing that type of climbing now, but that was exhilarating.

On Thanksgiving breaks, we’d take canoe trips on the Colorado river, packing camping gear. Spent the nights on the riverbank in tents, on mostly Indian land.

Now, it’s just big city life w a lot of concrete & asphalt. I really miss spending time in nature, really helps recharge the batteries.

What is the outdoors like over there?

What is the outdoors like over there?

Here in Hungary? Pretty much non-exsistant, nothing like in the US. You pretty much need to head to Slovenia, Croatia or Austria to get to mountains. Otherwise it’s flatlands w a couple of rivers & lakes with murky, muddy water.

Budapest has its charms, it's a beautiful, historical city with pockets of parks and outdoor pools, but it's nothing like the wilderness I'm used to in the Sierras.

TMI. SIL is the only one who gives a ****.

I lived in the Eastern Sierras during my divorce. I was there so often that I actually had free housing in Kennedy Meadows. Fished, chilled, fell in love, married her. Still together 25+ years later. I miss the fall fly fishing on the upper and lower Owen's. Don't miss much else.

We just got back late last night. Just a quick two day trip with the son and his wife. It was only about half crowded (Cool), but the shops, etc. were mostly shut. Had to wear a mask twice. Jerks.

BTW, Steelworth, my son and I used to float tube in those marinas. Lots of black bass, and some kelp bass, too. Super fun. I had a buddy who was addicted to fly fishing under the Coronado bridge (I remember when it was built!). He said it was great action.

Oh, and get here soon. I'm headed out elk and deer archery hunting tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post.

Just saw this. You just got back from the Tetons (or Yellowstone)?! Man that's gotta be nice. Love Coronado but it's too expensive for my blue-collar ***. That's awesome you remember when it was built, that was like late 60's if I remember right!

I'll fish every so often off the piers down here, but I grew up freshwater fishing and that's what I love. But I'll watch guys catch stingrays (more bat rays), tons of sea bass, some fish I can't remember the name of right now but resembles a barracuda and lots of other interesting things.

BTW, I mentioned to my old man you were hunting pronghorns (and that awesome picture) and he started reminiscing about some pronghorn hunts in Canada. I wish I got to go on some of those hunts but I guess I was too young.

Now this is what it's all about, Tibs. Love Mt. Whitney and saw it several times in my life, but never climbed it. Further west in the Sierras you have General Sherman (largest tree in the world!) and so many beautiful sights. The Sierras are criminally underrated in my opinion. Incredible place. Going to Yosemite Sept. 21st and can't wait.

Budapest has its charms, it's a beautiful, historical city with pockets of parks and outdoor pools, but it's nothing like the wilderness I'm used to in the Sierras.

I've mentioned to you before a good buddy of mine lives in Budapest. Likes to dig up ancient ruins, mammals & stuff. Anyways, he sends me a ton of pictures of Budapest and they are really nice in my opinion. Sent me ones from a couple festivals (I'm not sure of the specific details at the very moment), but great looking atmosphere and a lot of beautiful architecture there.

I've been as far east as Kiev, Ukraine, but never visited Hungary or even the surrounding areas, which I really wish I did now. Austria is still on my bucket list as my grandmother's parents emigrated from there and there's so much history w/ the greatest composers this world's ever known there. And the Alps range the very tip of its southern border (right?). And all of the other beautiful mountain regions there I hear of.

Oh yeah, please post some pics if you can. This is a great distraction from the BS we're being constantly subjected to.

Oh yeah, please post some pics if you can. This is a great distraction from the BS we're being constantly subjected to.

Ain't that the truth. I'm all geared up and waiting on my buddy to come get me. Pumped up!

Hunting is such a distraction that I picked up.extra tags this year, and probably won't watch football. I'm still teaching the 4H kids to tie flies and fly fish, so it's all good here.

The invitation to get out here is real. This applies to most anyone here. Wyoming is a special place.

Just found this. It is about 40 minutes from my home. I'll be hunting about 10 miles to the west of these mountains, in the foothills.

Last edited:
Nice rack at 1:40ish in that clip (guaranteed that ICS will click on the link now).

We saw a bunch of deer, no elk. I did manage to bag three dusky grouse. They are marinating in wine, garlic, onion, and teriyaki sauce. Can't wait until tonight's dinner.

>

They are marinating in wine, garlic, onion, and teriyaki sauce. Can't wait until tonight's dinner.

Yum, love quail/grouse (and how great to be able to catch & eat your dinner fresh).

I'm looking into a move, believe me. How far away are you from Idaho Falls, ID just curious? My mom (family is very tight) is losing her mind over the prospect at the moment though. I told her that she just needs to follow.

(Should probably be talking about this via PM)

I just wrote you a message and it says your mailbox is full. You have ability to PM me your email or something at least?

I just wrote you a message and it says your mailbox is full. You have ability to PM me your email or something at least?

Just sent. Not sure what is up with my inbox.

Just sent. Not sure what is up with my inbox.

Didn't get anything yet amigo. Might be something to do with 'contributor' status.

Who did what. I don’t know about that rape thing

Who did what. I don’t know about that rape thing

That clown everybody's bowing to (Jacob Blake) raped a woman around May if memory serves me. I just did a search on it specifically, and I swear every single article coming up is just about the police shooting. But he raped her, took off with her vehicle and when she called the police, they had apparently found her in a daze on the ground in a robe and bleeding.

Not 100% positive on all of those details, but whatever they are they're not good at all. What a swell human being, eh?