• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NC want to pay $1500 to people to go back to work

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
This is being pitched by Republicans. Just cut off the gravy train, people will go back to work. Giving people bonuses to go back to work. Give me a break.

stupid. yeah, turn off the money spigot and people will find another spigot. even if that means putting down the herb and turning off the brand spanking new playstation.

give me that $1500 for the gas I have been putting in my tank for over a year while many stayed home collecting to sit on their ***. I've been fortunate to work everyday since the Wuhan Virus surged, but what bonus did the workers see? The same stimulus that everyone else received, nothing extra. Every place I go to has a help wanted sign- Aldi, Family Dollar, Gabes, Target, WalMart, Speedway, etc. Time to back to work!

give me that $1500 for the gas I have been putting in my tank for over a year while many stayed home collecting to sit on their ***. I've been fortunate to work everyday since the Wuhan Virus surged, but what bonus did the workers see? The same stimulus that everyone else received, nothing extra. Every place I go to has a help wanted sign- Aldi, Family Dollar, Gabes, Target, WalMart, Speedway, etc. Time to back to work!
Same here. I worked the whole damn pandemic because I was "essential." And there are help wanted signs on every business you walk into around here. Every damn business. Friend of mine got turned away for breakfast at Waffle House (of all places) because they have no wait staff. Ridiculous. This country is doomed. We are set on a course now that is likely irreversible. People have figured out they can use this COVID **** to milk the taxpayer dry. And they are doing it. Whoever heard of a government having to offer people a bonus to go to work? American exceptionalism is dead, along with a once great nation.

Same here. I worked the whole damn pandemic because I was "essential." And there are help wanted signs on every business you walk into around here. Every damn business. Friend of mine got turned away for breakfast at Waffle House (of all places) because they have no wait staff. Ridiculous. This country is doomed. We are set on a course now that is likely irreversible. People have figured out they can use this COVID **** to milk the taxpayer dry. And they are doing it. Whoever heard of a government having to offer people a bonus to go to work? American exceptionalism is dead, along with a once great nation.
A college friend of mine has been out of work for the past year and will not be going back to his job because they were looking to move on w/o him. I told him about my company hiring in the warehouse last month and he totally blew me off. It's a union job, family business, good pay, benefits, security- a helluva lot better than his previous job or what is out there for him now. I heard through the grapevine, he's holding out for something "cooler" and he's in no rush to find anything as long as he's still getting his unemployment check/extra $. That's the mentality that I can't get behind. You've lived the easy life for over a year and that's fine, many needed the time to recharge and find themselves, but that gravy train will run out. It has to.

My son come home from his Freshman year of college and submitted his resume yesterday to UPS, He was hired within 2hrs, no interview, $22 per hour to load boxes onto the trucks.

My oldest goes to Ohio State. He's decided to stay in Columbus for the summer. Has a girlfriend there now.

He knows the rules...he pays for his beer, food, gas, entertainment, get a job. He's always been a hard worker.

Finds out Ruth's Chris is hiring. He was sweating an "interview" and I laughed. Told him how desperate restaurants were for workers, he sort of didn't believe me. Now he does. They want him to work 9 days a week.

9D32A22E-D8A0-4D59-8754-042F7D65F214.jpeg
Eating lunch between appointments. This is the sign at IHOP. Also have another one that says please be kind to the employees who actually showed up for work today.
The manager is counting the days to the 26th of June when DeSwine ends the extra $300 in OH.

Ambitious or even partly ambitious college kids should have their picking of summer jobs this year...and at good pay.

gf's son, a high school junior, just got his first job at Subway.
first job. zero experience. cant even take out the garbage here. cant pick up a thing around the house. working about 30 hours per week at Subway, making what i made when i first started at FedEx in '91 - $9.50/hr

gf's son, a high school junior, just got his first job at Subway.
first job. zero experience. cant even take out the garbage here. cant pick up a thing around the house. working about 30 hours per week at Subway, making what i made when i first started at FedEx in '91 - $9.50/hr

Wait, you have a girlfriend?