• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Negative comments about Mason Rudolph

He’s got a great career ahead of him as a top notch backup.

Not meant to be negative or critical, it’s a crucial role to have and nothing to be ashamed about.

Think Charlie Batch.

But he’s not “special”...

Then again “special” like Big Ben is rare... he’s not an all-time great for no reason

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Not meant to be negative or critical, it’s a crucial role to have and nothing to be ashamed about.

Think Charlie Batch.

Then again “special” like Big Ben is rare... he’s not an all-time great for no reason

The thing is Ben is an all timer talent there... I think Rudolph can develop into a quality starter... that doesn’t mean he is going to be great, but most starters aren’t great... it really takes four or five years to really see what you have... even aftera guy has a breakout the league adjusts to him then he has to adjust again or be regulated to mediocrity... six games in you don’t know...

When you look at a guy like Kyle Allen who was undrafted last year you can see how he is day and night better than Rudolph as a passer and QB, he is more mobile, has a better arm and is more instictiwe which I think is Rudolphs biggest fault, he is just not fluid looks robotic in all he does.

The thing is Ben is an all timer talent there... I think Rudolph can develop into a quality starter... that doesn’t mean he is going to be great, but most starters aren’t great... it really takes four or five years to really see what you have... even aftera guy has a breakout the league adjusts to him then he has to adjust again or be regulated to mediocrity... six games in you don’t know...

Spoken like someone too young to truly remember the pre-Ben era

When you look at a guy like Kyle Allen who was undrafted last year you can see how he is day and night better than Rudolph as a passer and QB, he is more mobile, has a better arm and is more instictiwe which I think is Rudolphs biggest fault, he is just not fluid looks robotic in all he does.

giphy.gif

Our entire coaching staff is below the line globally speaking, starting with the mental midget with the bug eyes.

Your mom is a coach for the Steelers? Lucky bum.

I thought Mason was pretty good today. He was not the problem with the offense. The problem was a **** offensive line that couldn't pass block in the second half, can't run block pretty much ever, and stupid ******* play calling... again! He made some nice throws downfield in the first half, but our butt-puckered play caller keeps trying to either run the ball or throw -2 yard passes to the tight ends.

Mason stays in the pocket too long and doesn't seem to feel the pressure until it's too late, but he made a lot of good plays today.

Mason finally made some NFL throws today. It didn't help that about four of them were dropped and a big pass play was fumbled away by Washington.

Think Charlie Batch.

I remember the pre-Ben era very well. The 80s were horrific. How can you predict how special Rudolph will be? I see way more potential than Batch. Kordell sucked *** and the Steelers gave him how many years to develop?

Finally, they gave MR some throws over the middle and the offense moved pretty easily. Then, they seemed to go back to everything vertical and MR having to wait on slow developing routes downfield. I still don't get why they are trying so hard to force these deep verticals.

Finally, they gave MR some throws over the middle and the offense moved pretty easily. Then, they seemed to go back to everything vertical and MR having to wait on slow developing routes downfield. I still don't get why they are trying so hard to force these deep verticals.

Another mystery is why they bring Johnny Holton out every time Zach Banner comes onto the field. It almost certainly guarantees a running plays because we know he isn't going to catch the ball.